New strategy, less park time, more r and r.

WeCampDisney

Mouseketeer
We still love Disney World and Disneyland. The costs have risen so much that we have to cut back, so sad. A campsite at Fort Wilderness is now about $100 To almost $200 a night. In late June we spent 4 nights at AK Villas and 3 nights at Fort Wilderness but we only did one day at AK and one day at MK. We are finding fun things to do close to home and much less expensive. Sorry Disney, we love you but just can't afford you much any more. The highlights of that trip were our first time riding FoP at AK and the garden view dessert party Happily Ever After.

Not sure what your point is. Is WDW too expensive to go any more or are ticket prices too high to spend time in the parks? IMHO, if one can afford 4 nights at AK villas then park tickets are the least of one's expense. I don't see the point of going to WDW and not spending significant time in the parks. There are better resorts around the country with better service than Disney. Heck, if I was not going into the amusement parks the Universal hotels are at least as nice with better service.

Not sure what your point is. Is WDW too expensive to go any more or are ticket prices too high to spend time in the parks? IMHO, if one can afford 4 nights at AK villas then park tickets are the least of one's expense. I don't see the point of going to WDW and not spending significant time in the parks. There are better resorts around the country with better service than Disney. Heck, if I was not going into the amusement parks the Universal hotels are at least as nice with better service.
Sorry I failed to mention that we are DVC members and used our points for AK Villas. What I am saying is the total cost of a Disney vacation, especially park tickets and Fort Wilderness is just too much for us to keep doing everything on every trip like we used to. The Fort is our favorite resort and we will keep going there once a year but we won't stay as long and only do one or two park days. The days of my family doing 4 to 6 park days are over.

I got an insanely low rate for Poly one summer while our Florida resident APs were blacked out.
It was a quick 3 night stay, and I was apprehensive about booking the room without going to the parks, but we had a BLAST.
We hung out at the pool, did the monorail pub crawl, watched Wishes from the California grill, went to (then) downtown Disney, I wouldn’t hesitate to book a non-park weekend again.

We don't go every year is what I do. I save for 2 to 3 years and then go for 10 to 12 days on average. We are going to AKL in June and this is sort of bad, I am already making notes on a 2021 trip and gathering data.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!