New Survey??

Lothlórien

Living the Mouse Dream
We received a survey, both my husband and myself, and the gist of the survey seemed to be focused on "unnecessary perks". I felt that the entire survey was focused on which perks they can consider removing.

It had nine or 10 questions that were focused on which "options" were most important to you and which ones were least important. Over and over it mentioned Park ticket discounts, dining discounts, merchandise discounts and member only events.

Has anybody else received this same survey and did you also feel that it might have been focused on perks being removed?

Ugh...I have not been to WDW in a couple months. We did not get one like that in May. That can't be good.

We received a survey, both my husband and myself, and the gist of the survey seemed to be focused on "unnecessary perks". I felt that the entire survey was focused on which perks they can consider removing.

It had nine or 10 questions that were focused on which "options" were most important to you and which ones were least important. Over and over it mentioned Park ticket discounts, dining discounts, merchandise discounts and member only events.

Has anybody else received this same survey and did you also feel that it might have been focused on perks being removed?

My husband got the survey today. There were also questions about what exactly was included when you bought DVC. They were interested in knowing if you knew exactly what it is you bought. For instance, Is trading into RCI or Concierge collection something that can go away?

Lots of " what do you like best or least" included the Members Lounge at EPCOT. That's a perk I hope stays!

Sounds like the lesson of "perks change or can go away" may be getting implemented sooner rather than later.

Yes, it sounds like they're looking at saving more money by doing away with perks. Which ones can they do away with that the least number of members will complain about, or even sell their DVC if they're too mad. This doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling at all.

I also received the survey and felt it was all about " taking away" perks.
I also received the next day a survey about my DVC memership satisfaction
Including questions about booking availability ... value of DVC purchase investment...travel plans...satisfaction with the number of points I own etc.

I also received the survey and felt it was all about " taking away" perks.
I also received the next day a survey about my DVC memership satisfaction
Including questions about booking availability ... value of DVC purchase investment...travel plans...satisfaction with the number of points I own etc.
For us, all of that was in the same survey. Like, do we think we have enough points, do we plan to buy more points, are we happy with our membership, are we happy with member services, would we refer people to DVC, how many people have we referred to DVC in the past 6 months, did we know our perks can be removed at any time, etc.

WOW!! We just got the FREE members only night in the park offers in the west coast and now might end ? Easy come easy go I guess.
Hopefully the randomly selected members DVC movie preview does NOT end!

Seems to me that the $$$ saved by DVC on cutting perks would be more than offset by
LESS direct sales, and MORE resales.

Why buy direct IF (for example) the DVC AP discount
& the dining Discount were removed as perks?!

Very good point!

Seems to me that the $$$ saved by DVC on cutting perks would be more than offset by
LESS direct sales, and MORE resales.

Why buy direct IF (for example) the DVC AP discount
& the dining Discount were removed as perks?!

I'd think they are mostly looking to see if they can end the park events without too much outcry as I'd bet they are pretty expensive. An interesting marketing line but it may not be worth. And with the survey they can state they were ended at Members request. :rolleyes:

I'd think they are mostly looking to see if they can end the park events without too much outcry as I'd bet they are pretty expensive. An interesting marketing line but it may not be worth. And with the survey they can state they were ended at Members request. :rolleyes:
When did they start the park events? It seems like that only happened in the past couple years as part of the "Membership Magic" push. Which, in my opinion, was just a way to separate out the benefits to begin with.

Step 1: Create new program with additional benefits
Step 2: Roll existing benefits into new program
Step 3: Exclude resale from new program
Step 4: Eliminate additional benefits
Step 5: ????
Step 6: Profit!!!

When did they start the park events? It seems like that only happened in the past couple years as part of the "Membership Magic" push. Which, in my opinion, was just a way to separate out the benefits to begin with.

Step 1: Create new program with additional benefits
Step 2: Roll existing benefits into new program
Step 3: Exclude resale from new program
Step 4: Eliminate additional benefits
Step 5: ????
Step 6: Profit!!!

Yep - the first one was a year ago Feb in MK and was actually part of the 25th celebration as I think all were touted last year. Then they were eliminated from new resale buyers and it was a marketed reason to buy direct. Eliminate them now after just 2 years and the existing owners can feel that they at least got something special for a short time that they didn't have in the past.

We attended the typhoon lagoon beach bash in august 2015. It wasn't widely advertised and not everyone got an email invite. They got better about advertising in 2016.

We attended the typhoon lagoon beach bash in august 2015. It wasn't widely advertised and not everyone got an email invite. They got better about advertising in 2016.

haha - maybe time got away from me! Or the water parks were the first ones done in 2015 and they began adding the other parks last year.

haha - maybe time got away from me! Or the water parks were the first ones done in 2015 and they began adding the other parks last year.

That's right....we managed this one, then none of our 5 trips in 2016 lined up with any of those events....lol. We had the worse timing last year.

Yes, it sounds like they're looking at saving more money by doing away with perks. Which ones can they do away with that the least number of members will complain about, or even sell their DVC if they're too mad. This doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling at all.
Yeah there hasnt been warm and fuzzy in years. Reason we bought was the integrity of Disney...that has long gone now , now totally $$$$$$$$.

The fact that they're surveying members suggests they're interested in keeping the more popular perks--not just slashing whatever happens to be the most expensive line item.

Over our 15-ish years of ownership, perks today are arguably as good as they've ever been. Only noteworthy thing eliminated was valet parking. We did the Typhoon Lagoon bash last year and will attend again this year. 20% shopping discount, Epcot lounge, similar random sampling of restaurant discounts, continued AP discount plus other occasional ticket offers.

If they make changes we'll reevaluate, but I'll save that for when (if) it happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!