Sad news about my lightsaber. When it came time to change the battery it turns out the screw that holds the battery compartment is totally stripped. Tried everything to get it out- I’m pretty handy but no luck. I emailed Disney and my request for a replacement part was forwarded to the SWGE team for review. Still haven’t heard if they’ll do anything. Pretty bummed considering this was the first time I ever had to change the battery and I take it apart to find this mess. (Those little scratches are from my desperate attempts to remove it but the screw was like that already
)
Anyone have any ideas on how to get this darn screw out?

Attachments

• E069AF1C-941C-4C4B-B56D-1E7F67F817B1.jpeg
    E069AF1C-941C-4C4B-B56D-1E7F67F817B1.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 28
Sad news about my lightsaber. When it came time to change the battery it turns out the screw that holds the battery compartment is totally stripped. Tried everything to get it out- I’m pretty handy but no luck. I emailed Disney and my request for a replacement part was forwarded to the SWGE team for review. Still haven’t heard if they’ll do anything. Pretty bummed considering this was the first time I ever had to change the battery and I take it apart to find this mess. (Those little scratches are from my desperate attempts to remove it but the screw was like that already
)
Anyone have any ideas on how to get this darn screw out?
I'm not sure if this would work, but I remember seeing it before so I looked it up:

Remove a Stripped Screw with a Rubber Band

Any chance of getting an Oga’s reservation on the day next week? Not really fussed about the time but haven’t seen any available online when I’ve gone to look

I was not a SW fan when the land first opened. Never saw a movie. My only knowledge came from the kids I worked with and they would tell me about the new movies. I actually didn't want SWGE to open because I thought it would ruin Disneyland. Good thing I was wrong..and I ended up loving it lol. I actually enjoy hanging out back there. It feels like you're on another planet. So different from the rest of the park.I've made a droid, ridden both rides, been Oga's at least 15 times, etc. I don't necessarily skip other experiences, I just wander back there.

However, I will say, since ROTR opened, I haven't gone to the parks at rope drop because I don't want to deal with the chaotic crowds that early. I really loved ROTR (rode it at WDW), but getting there early, getting a BG, and being at the will of the ride's reliability is exhausting. Also, I haven't really gone back there since the new ride opened. I did today, and it's much more crowded than before. I walked through Droid Depot and I saw a line! Granted it's a busy day so that impacted things, but I went around the Holidays and weekends and have never seen a line or that place be super packed like it was today.
My five-year-old has been a Star Wars MegaFan since he was 3, but we also only allow him to watch the original trilogy + Phantom Menace. However, if your daughter likes Star Wars, I'd look into the Little Golden Books series. They have one book for all 9 films, plus a Solo book and a whole "I Am" series (I Am A Hero, I Am A Sith, I Am A Droid, I Am A Pilot, I Am A Wookie, I Am A Princess, I Am A Stormtrooper), and recently we got We Are The Resistance. So he knows the whole story and all the characters, but in an age-appropriate way. Each book is $3.50-5.00 on Amazon.

I can't say how SWGE has impacted touring; however, I would discourage folks in general from skipping the land just because you aren't already a SW fan. My family took a trip to Universal Studios back in 2010. My father hates all science fiction and fantasy stories. He says his favorite stories are "things that really happened" and his second favorite stories are "things that could have happened." He wouldn't touch a Harry Potter book or film with a ten-foot pole, and yet he was completely enchanted by Hogwarts/Hogsmeade. He went on every ride, looked in the shops, and tried the food. And as he looked aorund, he kept saying, "So one woman thought of ALL THIS?!"

A well-done theme park experience is a well-done theme park experience regardless of its inspiration. So, if you're a fan of Disney and Disneyland, SWGE is probably worth checking out at least once. Maybe you'll be surprised :)

Last edited:
However, I will say, since ROTR opened, I haven't gone to the parks at rope drop because I don't want to deal with the chaotic crowds that early. I really loved ROTR (rode it at WDW), but getting there early, getting a BG, and being at the will of the ride's reliability is exhausting. Also, I haven't really gone back there since the new ride opened. I did today, and it's much more crowded than before. I walked through Droid Depot and I saw a line! Granted it's a busy day so that impacted things, but I went around the Holidays and weekends and have never seen a line or that place be super packed like it was today.
I was surprised how busy the Droid Depot was when we built a droid on a Tuesday in January shortly after ROTR opened. Thank goodness we had a reservation! I guess people really did put off their trips until ROTR opened. The experience took us much longer than what I had read on here because we had to wait at certain stages of building.

Any chance of getting an Oga’s reservation on the day next week? Not really fussed about the time but haven’t seen any available online when I’ve gone to look
Keep checking multiple times a day for a cancellation. I’ve picked up last-minute reservations that way several times.

I was surprised how busy the Droid Depot was when we built a droid on a Tuesday in January shortly after ROTR opened. Thank goodness we had a reservation! I guess people really did put off their trips until ROTR opened. The experience took us much longer than what I had read on here because we had to wait at certain stages of building.
Yeah when I built mine during the reservation period the longest part was paying. But it only took like 15 minutes total to build. We were done with everything after maybe 30 minutes maybe a little less

Don’t miss other experiences to go to SWGE. While it’s AMAZING, it’s still only one land. Do what you feel like you want to do in the park

Excited to go to the cantina! I’ve got a reservation and everything. Is there a way to guarantee getting a spot at the booths (we’re a party of 5)?

Excited to go to the cantina! I’ve got a reservation and everything. Is there a way to guarantee getting a spot at the booths (we’re a party of 5)?
Is there a specific reason you want a booth? As far as I know, there is no way to guarantee getting a booth other than just waiting (and it could be a long wait). We think the booths are far away from the action and prefer to stand at the bar, where we get better service and have more fun with the bartenders.

I know that Galaxy’s Edge isn’t open during EMH or MM, but does it give you an advantage when trying to rope drop Millennium Falcon?

I’ve also read that sometimes they open up Galaxy’s Edge a few minutes early. Does anyone have any experience with this?

So on Thursday or Friday of last week we did early entry and Disneyland and went to the three fantasy land to the rope holding spot there to go in by millennium falcon and they let us into Star Wars land 10 minutes early before the normal route dropped time so yes it does give you an advantage they everybody will tell you it doesn’t but they let us in 10 minutes before the park opens

My kids want to make lightsabers at Savi's and we want to go to the Cantina afterwards (midday on a Sunday). Should we make a reservation for Savi's then Oga's? How long does Savi's usually take and do they run on time with the reservation time?
Thanks in advance!

My kids want to make lightsabers at Savi's and we want to go to the Cantina afterwards (midday on a Sunday). Should we make a reservation for Savi's then Oga's? How long does Savi's usually take and do they run on time with the reservation time?
Thanks in advance!
When we did Savi's , we got there 15 minutes before our reservation time and waited about 25 minutes to go in. The whole process/show took about 20 minutes or so, so we were there maybe 30 minutes after our reservation time?

Don't stress about it too much though. When you go to the Cantina you get in line and check in with the host, and they seat you as they are able. If you are running a few minutes late after a Savi's appointment, they will honor your reservation. You can check in 15 minutes before your reservation time, so if you do your reservation for say 45 minutes after your Savi's appointment time you should be in good shape.

For Savi's workshop, do you know if you can have the lightsabers delivered to your hotel if you are staying on property?

When we did Savi's , we got there 15 minutes before our reservation time and waited about 25 minutes to go in. The whole process/show took about 20 minutes or so, so we were there maybe 30 minutes after our reservation time?

Don't stress about it too much though. When you go to the Cantina you get in line and check in with the host, and they seat you as they are able. If you are running a few minutes late after a Savi's appointment, they will honor your reservation. You can check in 15 minutes before your reservation time, so if you do your reservation for say 45 minutes after your Savi's appointment time you should be in good shape.

I was wondering how far ahead of my reservations I should check in (Savi's and Droid Depot); thanks for sharing.

For Savi's workshop, do you know if you can have the lightsabers delivered to your hotel if you are staying on property?
As I understand it, you can take your lightsaber over to first order cargo to deliver to your hotel room or for pick up at the front of the park if you don't want to carry it around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter