Can we go into the store and browse before we decide on buying a droid?

The situation is even better than you might think, as you can just wander in and stand very close in some places to where the conveyor belt of droid parts goes past and decide which ones you like.

Hello! We are going in April and want to do the droid depot- can someone who has done it tell me if it's worth it? I have an almost 6 year old son that LOVES Star Wars, but is a perfectionist and gets upset if toys don't look/work correctly. Does the remote control work well? Is it really worth $100? lol

Also- we have reservations at Oga's at 3:05 pm....if I booked the droid for 2:10 is that enough time? How long does it take?

Thanks for your help!

My DD's (8 and 10) loved the Droid Depot and DD14 loved helping them even though she didn't build her own droid. The remotes work fine, though we have had to re-pair our remote with one of our droids (the R2) a couple times (there are instructions for this online and on the carry box they give you). We have one BB and one R2 droid. The BB is harder to control than the R2 so if you think your son will get frustrated with that maybe go with an R2. On the other hand, the BB droid works better on carpet than the R2.

My girls still play with their droids frequently (we built them during the June preview period so we've had them for a while) and even brought them with them back to SW:GE when we went back in December (they both purchased the backpacks for them on an interim trip in October). It is fun seeing/hearing the droids react to things as you walk around SW:GE.

I do think your timeline might be a little tight between DD and Oga's. I'd try to go to DD a little earlier- especially if your DS will want to take his time making selections for parts and assembling his droid. All the different colored parts for the droids go by on a conveyor belt and you pick out the pieces and color combination you want- one of my girls must have stood there for 20min just trying to decide on her color combo even though, in theory, she already knew what she wanted going in (and she DID end up with something different from her original plan after looking at and trying out multiple options). I don't know how much things have changed with ROTR if the land is busier but I really don't think reservations are all that necessary for Droid Depot.

You also want to get to Oga's 10-15min prior to your reservation to check in and there is usually quite a line for check-in. They will not let you check in if your whole party isn't present (ask me how I know-LOL).

Hello all! I'm planning my first trip to Disneyland, and was wondering if Disneyland uses one entrance for Galaxy's Edge and one exit out? I would like to enter the land through Critter Country. I just want to get my logistics right. Any help would be great!

So far as I know, the only time you can access it is during normal park hours, which means both entrance/egress are just fine.

There are 3 ways. All 3 are in and out. Critter country. Frontierland. Fantasyland

Both the entrances from Frontierland are really in frontierland. They are pretty much adjacent to eachother with nothing else in between and only intended for traffic backflow abatement on Big Thunder Trail.

Last trip to Disneyland I went on Smuggler's run quite a few times. I've heard a lot of tips and tricks out there, but no one seems to go into scoring much. Galaxy's Edge Scoundrels did an episode on this, and I've seen one video where the crew gets the "Master Pirate" rank for scoring over 10,000 after Hondo takes his cut. But the episode doesn't go into particulars of scoring. I've only managed the "Pirate" rank with a best score in the 9,000s (as well as the Marauder and Scoundrel ranks). Next time I go I want to find a crew and try and get over 10,000 and that Master Pirate badge.

But I want to understand what needs to be done to get the best score possible.
Each station gives you a score breakdown.

Engineers seem to be the easiest to quantify and have the following categories:
Repairs
Harpoons
Reeling
Power-Up

Repairs seem pretty straight forward, and it seems that you get 100 credits per successful repair, or thereabouts.
Harpoons are for firing the harpoons at the cargo, which you can do a maximum of twice. It looks like you get 300 credits per harpoon
Reeling is for reeling in the harpoons, which I think you only do on the second container (correct me if I'm wrong). It seems that the faster you can tap the button, the more credits you get. Up to a maximum of 600 perhaps? One video where the guy was really tapping he got 585.

Power-Up is a score for when you have to power up the Falcon. I'm not sure if half of this is for when you power up at the beginning or if it is all for when you power up mid mission. Looks like 300?

So max Engineer score is 1500 credits plus 100 per repair or so?

Gunners are a little harder to figure. First you see an Accuracy score. Some folks say that this makes a difference in your score.

Then the categories display as:
Times Shot
Tie Kills
Missiles
Power-Up

Times shot seems to be how many times you get shot by enemy Tie Fighters. Originally I thought that this was a negative based on how many times you fired your weapon. But watching a video where they didn't touch any buttons showed a negative 1650, so I think this is really about how many times you get hit by enemy fire.

Tie Kills obviously is how many Ties you kill multiplied by some number. Some folks say you get more points for manual control vs auto. And there also seems to be some accuracy component, but I can't figure it out. I've seen values ranging from 80 credits per tie to 120 credits per tie, but I'm not sure how it all figures.

Missiles is for shooting the missiles at the train at the end, and seems to be worth 300

Power-Up is just like for the engineers.

So Max Gunner score is 600 + number of ties shot down times some number - number of times hit by enemy fire times some number

And then Pilots:
Collisions
Hyperspace
Boosts
Power-Up
Collisions seems self explainatory - looks like -100 or -150 credits for each time you collide with something.

Hyperspace you get to do twice, and it seems to be worth 300 credits each time you successfully jump.

Boosts - as far as I know, you boost twice, once to get out of the atmosphere on Batuu and once to escape the collapsing tunnel on Coruscant. I think you get 300 for each.

Power-Up - looks like 300 credits for each pilot. Since the Pilot scores are combined on one readout, they get 600 total.

So max combined pilot score looks to be 1800 - number of collisions times some number.

It seems that repairs that the engineers do can mitigate the loss of points caused by pilot collisions or enemy fire taken that are subtracted from those scores. So if a collision costs 150 points, but the engineer fixes it and gets 100 back, the net loss to the crew is only 50.

Unfortunately, a lot of the videos I've watched don't show the score breakdown, so it is hard to figure out what's what based on those.

But the overall score looks to be 1800 - collisions + 1200 + tie kills - times shot +1500 + repairs + coaxium - Hondo's cut.

So, for those of you who are Smuggler's Run fanatics, here's what I'm trying to figure out:

How is the gunner "tie kills" score calculated, and what effect does accuracy and manual vs. auto control have?
What is the maximum number of ties that each gunner can take down?
Does performance in the asteroid field matter, or is it essentially "extra time" that doesn't figure into the score?
What is the coaxium worth? And what is Hondo's cut not including damage to the Falcon?
Are all collisions equal? Or do some "cost" more than others?
If the pilots fly perfectly and the gunners shoot everything before it shoots us, do the engineers still get random repairs to do?
What is wrong with me that I am obsessing over this?

Apparently there is an Easter Egg mode in MFSR now being called "Chewie Mode"- Fresh Baked released a video, though I think they might be misinterpreting the goal of the mode. Essentially you need all six participants to perform an action WHILE they activate their station - Pilots need to hold their stick all the way left/right or up/down as they press their green button. Gunners and Engineers need to hold down a white button while they activate their station (missle button for gunners, harpoon button for engineers).

If everyone does this, Hondo does not give instruction or commentary, but Chewbacca does.

Fresh Baked is of the belief that the purpose of this mode is to crash the falcon as much as possible to make Chewie angry. However I think that if you do the actions and activate "Chewie Mode" you can then fly the mission as well as you like. Not sure if there is a bonus to your score for using this mode...but it would be cool if there were.

If anyone has tried this or does try this, let me know.

Hello! We are going in April and want to do the droid depot- can someone who has done it tell me if it's worth it? I have an almost 6 year old son that LOVES Star Wars, but is a perfectionist and gets upset if toys don't look/work correctly. Does the remote control work well? Is it really worth $100? lol

Also- we have reservations at Oga's at 3:05 pm....if I booked the droid for 2:10 is that enough time? How long does it take?

Thanks for your help!
I thought it was worth it. The droid is very well made and durable (we have an R2 unit). My 5-year-old son was absolutely overjoyed by both the build process and his droid. I personally love it myself and play with it. It’s freaking adorable.

I disagree with the above comment about not needing a reservation. Droid Depot seems to have picked up in popularity since ROTR opened, or maybe it’s just because the land itself is busier. I was really glad we had a reservation or we would have had to wait.
If you want a little buffer in between the DD and Oga’s, you could make DD a touch earlier but in my experience Oga’s doesn’t care if you show up a little late, especially if you explain your were just in the Droid Depot. We were a full hour late to our Oga’s reservation due to our ROTR boarding group being called and they didn’t bat an eye.

I disagree with the above comment about not needing a reservation. Droid Depot seems to have picked up in popularity since ROTR opened, or maybe it’s just because the land itself is busier. I was really glad we had a reservation or we would have had to wait.
If you want a little buffer in between the DD and Oga’s, you could make DD a touch earlier but in my experience Oga’s doesn’t care if you show up a little late, especially if you explain your were just in the Droid Depot. We were a full hour late to our Oga’s reservation due to our ROTR boarding group being called and they didn’t bat an eye.

Thanks for the more recent data point. When we were in there last in December it wasn't very busy but, as I mentioned in my post, I was wondering if things had changed with ROTR. Good to know its better to have a reservation now.

Any fellow Canadians have any experience bring their light sabers home on West Jet? Just trying to think ahead for our upcoming trip in May.

My daughter and son in law just got back a few weeks ago from Disneyland. They flew WestJet and had no issues bringing their light saber home as a carry on item.

Thank you for that info 22Tink. I wasn't super keen on having to send it home separately so knowing there is no problem bring it as carry on is a big relief. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter