For people that have built a droid lately, how have the CM's been? Today one of my friends built one, and the CM's seemed so unenthused about being there. Plus they only had a few CM's working the stations so when it was time to activate your droid, he had to wait a while, even after pressing the button. When I built mine during the reservation period, the CM's were attentive, lively, and were in character the whole time. Makes me kind of sad since I told him how great my experience was, but this time it was pretty blah.

For people that have built a droid lately, how have the CM's been? Today one of my friends built one, and the CM's seemed so unenthused about being there. Plus they only had a few CM's working the stations so when it was time to activate your droid, he had to wait a while, even after pressing the button. When I built mine during the reservation period, the CM's were attentive, lively, and were in character the whole time. Makes me kind of sad since I told him how great my experience was, but this time it was pretty blah.
So our experience was weird. We started out with one girl, who seemed somewhat unenthused. Then she disappeared and we had to wait a while to “activate” our droid because another guy was helping multiple people. He was great though. Very helpful and fun. So I’m glad we ended up with him in the end. It was very busy when we were in there and it seemed like they didn’t have enough CMs.

So our experience was weird. We started out with one girl, who seemed somewhat unenthused. Then she disappeared and we had to wait a while to “activate” our droid because another guy was helping multiple people. He was great though. Very helpful and fun. So I’m glad we ended up with him in the end. It was very busy when we were in there and it seemed like they didn’t have enough CMs.
When we got there it wasn't that busy. There was no line to pay and there were maybe 3 groups building one. However as more people came, it was apparent that the 2 CM's weren't enough so that is what slowed down the process. And when we left that's when I noticed there was actually a line to pay.

Overall the experience wasn't awful, but it wasn't nearly as fun as when I did it. My friend has done Savi's and he 100% said Savi's is better. The droid came out cute though!

We're planning on doing the Droid Depot with our 2 kids. I really don't want to drag around 2 droids all day no matter how cool the beeps and boops are!!

Can they be sent to a package pickup at the front of the park? It takes a few hours, right? I've never done it before.

We're planning on doing the Droid Depot with our 2 kids. I really don't want to drag around 2 droids all day no matter how cool the beeps and boops are!!

Can they be sent to a package pickup at the front of the park? It takes a few hours, right? I've never done it before.

I'm not sure about package pickup but when we built ours last month, the CM mentioned that they do "droid daycare" there at the shop. You just drop it off and come back!

I read somewhere, that yes, they will deliver them to your room, just show your receipt. We are doing it and I wondered the same.

I'm not sure about package pickup but when we built ours last month, the CM mentioned that they do "droid daycare" there at the shop. You just drop it off and come back!
Droid daycare!! Hilarious!!

We aren't staying on property so we can't do room delivery unfortunately!

From this week's MP DLR Update (2/24/20):

Unlock "Chewie Mode" on Millenium Falcon: Smuggler's Run
The folks at Fresh Baked Disney learned about an update at Millenium Falcon: Smuggler's Run at Disneyland, and have posted a video about how to unlock a special Chewbacca Mode on the ride. As they explain it, it's something like a cheat code on a video game console, and you must have a full six-person crew ready to act as soon as you get into the cockpit to activate controls in a certain order:
"Here’s how to trigger Chewy mode:
First and foremost, do not ACTIVATE your position right away like you normally do. Left and right pilots need to push their controls to the extreme left/right or extreme up/down. Once you’ve done that, hit your activation button.
Engineers and Gunners need to hit one of the white buttons on their console before hitting the orange activation button. Kind of like using the shift key on a keyboard.
Finally, be sure you’ve done this BEFORE the cast members finish checking your seatbelts (pull the yellow thingy) and he hits his ok to go button.
And that’s it. Do it right and Chewy will be yelling at you for 5 minutes. Miss a step and you get Hondo and his canisters."
You can watch their experience here—jump to the 10-minute mark if you want to skip the line and pre-show.

How long does the droid building session last at Droid Depot? Is it closer to an hour or half hour? Thanx

How long does the droid building session last at Droid Depot? Is it closer to an hour or half hour? Thanx
Honestly, it depends how busy they are and how long you take to select your droit parts. My son took a lot longer time choosing what colors he wanted than I anticipated. The day we went it was busy so we had a to wait a little bit between building our droid and activating it. They didn’t seem to have enough CMs working that day. All in all, from the time of payment to the time we walked out the door it took us an hour, but I’ve heard of people doing this in a much shorter period of time.

Honestly, it depends how busy they are and how long you take to select your droit parts. My son took a lot longer time choosing what colors he wanted than I anticipated. The day we went it was busy so we had a to wait a little bit between building our droid and activating it. They didn’t seem to have enough CMs working that day. All in all, from the time of payment to the time we walked out the door it took us an hour, but I’ve heard of people doing this in a much shorter period of time.
I think my DD already has a pretty good idea of what she wants to build. Hopefully it won't be too busy at the time of her reservation.

Speaking of droids, the policy in the land has been that droids must be carried or worn in a backpack when in the land, i.e., your kid can’t play with their awesome droid in the land. But today they had a neat little place open with two CMs playing with some droids. I think it was a ploy to get people to go build a droid but they were happy to let my son play with his there. I hope these little droid playgrounds are permanent because my son had the best time driving his droid around with the others.

62529728-B2AC-4642-A89A-C2DA8ECBE837.jpeg

Speaking of droids, the policy in the land has been that droids must be carried or worn in a backpack when in the land, i.e., your kid can’t play with their awesome droid in the land. But today they had a neat little place open with two CMs playing with some droids. I think it was a ploy to get people to go build a droid but they were happy to let my son play with his there. I hope these little droid playgrounds are permanent because my son had the best time driving his droid around with the others.

View attachment 477038
I saw it on Sunday! It was so cute watching all the kids play with their droids.

I built mine in about 15 minutes. The longest part was paying since there was a line. But I built mine during the reservation period in June..so that might be outdated in regards to wait times. They were very well staffed. They helped me screw things on, activated it right away when I was done.

How much time do you spend in the new land?
Do you skip other experiences now? What do you miss to do Star Wars instead?

Not much time. We've wandered through a few times, but are in the "this land is devoid of energy and looks like a worn-out third-world place we don't really want to be in" camp.

It's kind of funny, but when planning DL days I tend to just forget about SW:GE (much like I do Toontown). When we're there and walking by, I'm like, "Oh, yeah--Toontown! (or SW:GE)" and we'll wander around if we don't have anything better to do at the time. And I'm the "Disney expert" among my friends and coworkers so they always ask for my help planning Disney days--I don't even think about SW:GE when giving them tips and advice--that's how "not on the radar" it is to me.

As I understand it, you can take your lightsaber over to first order cargo to deliver to your hotel room or for pick up at the front of the park if you don't want to carry it around.

I did this on Sunday and they've changed it from FO Cargo to drop off and pick up at Droid Depot before close or have it sent to your Disney hotel.

I went to FO Cargo first and they sent me to Droid Depot.

The CMs were great when I built my droid on Tuesday.

It is *so* much nicer and more fun than I had imagined, too! I built an R unit and my cat was really impressed with it last night when I was playing with it at home!

You can check them at Droid Depot and pick them up there any time before close.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!