I am wondering how this delay of ROTR will/won't impact Marvel Land opening. In theory phase 1 is scheduled to open Summer 2020. I wonder if having crews on ROTR longer than planned will impact that or maybe they will wait to open all of Marvel Land at once instead of a phase1 phase2 opening like they have said they are doing.
Thoughts?

Follow up to my husband's blade snafu. Got some major pixie dust! Savi's gave him a new blade for free! Disney magic is still very much alive and well! :goodvibes

We've been here since Saturday. It was Vidcon over the weekend and saturday was the least busy so far.

We've been on MFSR 3 times so far and have had a great time each time. Engineer and Pilot are our favorites and crashing has been just as much fun as flying well (my son and husband tried crashing on the second flight, got it to 12% or something!). Not sure about the complaints, maybe because my family is very "enthusiastic" all the time? :confused3 :rotfl:

Hey everyone!

I am very excited to visit SWGE! We will be in town for a few weeks and I'm for sure going! I'm thinking 7/24. For those of you that have already been multiple times (mostly speaking to the AP holders) what is the best (least crowded) day of the week to visit? In contrast, what is the worst day of the week and should be avoided?

Thanks!

We stayed 12 days end of June through July, and the slowest day by far was Sunday morning! But honestly, all the mornings are slow right now. Get there at rope drop and you are golden for at least 2 hours if you have a plan and move around with a purpose. Of course not SWGE...the hoard still lines up in the morning! I would see SWGE around dinner time (like others have posted) when the wait time drops to under an hour.

As for the worst day? For us it was Saturday. And I attributed that to the $99 AP summer ticket deal...
Which also made sense with the quieter Sunday. Back to work time? Not spending $99 to visit that day? Or could’ve just been our luck!

Can’t wait to hear what you think!!😁

We've been on MFSR 3 times so far and have had a great time each time. Engineer and Pilot are our favorites and crashing has been just as much fun as flying well (my son and husband tried crashing on the second flight, got it to 12% or something!). Not sure about the complaints, maybe because my family is very "enthusiastic" all the time? :confused3 :rotfl:

If you were with the family of 4 who had kids fighting over spots (the CM repeatedly told them to please decide) a mom who was ambivalent and kept yelling at her kids to pose for pictures the whole ride, and a child crying loudly the entire time you’d understand why it all depends on who you’re with.

Yes, that family really put a sour taste in my mouth about how bad it can be. I don’t need you to be “enthusiastic” I just need you to realize your actions also affect other people on your team.

I am wondering how this delay of ROTR will/won't impact Marvel Land opening. In theory phase 1 is scheduled to open Summer 2020. I wonder if having crews on ROTR longer than planned will impact that or maybe they will wait to open all of Marvel Land at once instead of a phase1 phase2 opening like they have said they are doing.
Thoughts?
I didn’t know that Marvel Land was supposed to open in phases, but Disney might be rethinking that particular strategy.... Unless each phase will have a marquee E-ticket to go with it, they might be better off opening all at once and not repeating that particular part of the SWGE problem.

Went to SWGE today. Wow! We grew up on the “original” Star Wars and loved how they did GE and Batuu. It stunned from the first moment we walked in.

From our hotel room (DLH) I logged into the Disney site at 7am to try to make reservations for Savi’s workshop. I had to refresh a few times, but I was able to select my time by 7:02am. We chose an afternoon time to hope to have a shorter wait for SR potentially.

Went to SWGE at 12 noon, it was busy but not uncomfortably so. But it was really hot and like others have said, there’s hardly any shade.

It was really confusing at Savi’s, a CM there gave us incorrect directions for when to come back and where to start, but once we got everything sorted, the experience itself was wonderful. I was an observer and for me it was also amazing! They were running about a half hour late for our reservation time, so use that as a guide not as a confirmed time.

Prior to the appt time for Savi’s, we explored the land, and ran into some stormtroopers which was fun and had a wonderful interaction with Chewbacca and then Rey. That was truly amazing and brought the biggest smile to our daughter’s face.

Otherwise, DL and DCA were busy later in the day but not as packed as we were over spring break last year.

We got to the park at 8:20 am and had some breakfast at market house before we started with the rides. Utilizing maxpass we got to ride star tours twice, autotopia and Astro blasters all in the space of 1.5 hrs in the morning. Then we park hopped to DCA to ride on Soarin twice. Then did a mobile order for lunch — so easy!!

Oh BTW, the souvenir gift cards were back in stock. You need to put a minimum of $100 on to purchase it. It’s heavy and looks great

They were at the resistance kiosk/shop. That’s how we exited GE, which brought us out right by hungry bear restaurant.

@Goose&mavie when you rode Star Tours did you get Jakku and Crait both times or did you get other destinations too?

We rode it 3x in a week and got the same thing every time. It was really disappointing as we were hoping to do Star Tours multiple times to see as many destinations as possible.

I didn’t know that Marvel Land was supposed to open in phases, but Disney might be rethinking that particular strategy.... Unless each phase will have a marquee E-ticket to go with it, they might be better off opening all at once and not repeating that particular part of the SWGE problem.
This is what their article says,
"At Disneyland Resort, the new Super Hero-themed land will begin recruiting guests in 2020, with even more new experiences to follow."
Phase 2 which is supposed to be 2021 would add an "Avengers themed roller coaster". I wonder if the money lost on SWGE will remove the roller coaster from potential plans.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...rt-disneyland-paris-and-hong-kong-disneyland/

@Goose&mavie when you rode Star Tours did you get Jakku and Crait both times or did you get other destinations too?

We rode it 3x in a week and got the same thing every time. It was really disappointing as we were hoping to do Star Tours multiple times to see as many destinations as possible.

We got 2 different places. The first was Jakku I believe with Darth Vader in the beginning and the 2nd had Kylo REN and we landed on Batuu. We were in the same pod B for both but they were different thankfully. Last year, regardless of where we rode, it was the exact same scenes.

What is everyone's experience with Smuggler's Run at rope drop? Can you enter SWGE through any entrance? Or are you forced to enter at a specific one? And lastly, where do they let people queue up at rope drop? We are trying to debate whether or not to rope drop on our first day allowed back in the park which is when our deluxe pass is unblocked on Aug.19. We are usually early risers and at the front of the lines in the morning. Our kids are 7 and 5 though and might not have the stamina to make it to Critter Country's entrance if it is a mad sprint ( walking sprint that is) Just wondering what other people have experienced so we can plan accordingly. Thanks!

If we are in the park for EMH, how is it going to Smuggler's run when it opens? Like can we line up like 10 minutes early for it inside the park and can we get through quickly?

If we are in the park for EMH, how is it going to Smuggler's run when it opens? Like can we line up like 10 minutes early for it inside the park and can we get through quickly?

People start waiting in line as soon as the CM's let people into the park at 7am. Galaxys Edge people are held at the hub, at Frontierland entrance. Anyone wanting to wait for 8am rope drop from Adventureland or Big Thunder Mountain are held in a separate line at Adventureland entrance. People are using the full hour of early opening to wait in line for SWGE.

This is a photo I took , standing in the hub facing Frontierland entrance at 7.30 am on an early opening day, Tuesday 2 July

SWGE at rope drop.jpg

honestly I wouldnt bother with SWGE in the morning. For an 8am opening, on Sunday 30 June, we were let into the park at 7.45am. The SWGE people were held at Frontierland entrance. I would say the majority of people who were there for 8am opening went straight to the line at Frontierland for SWGE. At the end of Main Street CM'S direct the flow of people around the hub, to the Tomoorrowland side. A small trickle of people head to Fantasyland and almost everyone else joins the SWGE line.

The same on early opening days. Almost everyone at 7am heads for the SWGE line at Frontierland entrance and they spend the entire hour of early access waiting in line.

Then at 8am, the general public rush to SWGE but they are BEHIND all the early access people.

This is a photo I took at 7.30am on an early opening day, Tuesday 2 July the SWGE people waiting in line at Frontierland entranceSWGE at rope drop.jpg

On June 25, it was an MM day, they had everyone line up at the entrance to frontier land, and then walked us all the way thru critter country. -We were about 1/3 way to half way back in the crowd when we started. There was a lot of pushing and jostling, (but no sprinting) and when there was room to spread out, people did, wreaking havoc when the space got narrow.

We kept walking all the way to SR and thru the entire line without stopping (zero wait, except the time it takes to walk thru the queue.) Once we got off the ride we were told that it was a 60 minute wait, so it seemed worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!