honestly I wouldnt bother with SWGE in the morning. For an 8am opening, on Sunday 30 June, we were let into the park at 7.45am. The SWGE people were held at Frontierland entrance. I would say the majority of people who were there for 8am opening went straight to the line at Frontierland for SWGE. At the end of Main Street CM'S direct the flow of people around the hub, to the Tomoorrowland side. A small trickle of people head to Fantasyland and almost everyone else joins the SWGE line.

The same on early opening days. Almost everyone at 7am heads for the SWGE line at Frontierland entrance and they spend the entire hour of early access waiting in line.

Then at 8am, the general public rush to SWGE but they are BEHIND all the early access people.

This is a photo I took at 7.30am on an early opening day, Tuesday 2 July the SWGE people waiting in line at Frontierland entranceView attachment 417973
Yikes! Good to know. Thank you. Perhaps we will head over to SWGE later in the day!

On June 25, it was an MM day, they had everyone line up at the entrance to frontier land, and then walked us all the way thru critter country. -We were about 1/3 way to half way back in the crowd when we started. There was a lot of pushing and jostling, (but no sprinting) and when there was room to spread out, people did, wreaking havoc when the space got narrow.

We kept walking all the way to SR and thru the entire line without stopping (zero wait, except the time it takes to walk thru the queue.) Once we got off the ride we were told that it was a 60 minute wait, so it seemed worth it.
Thank you!

This is what their article says,
"At Disneyland Resort, the new Super Hero-themed land will begin recruiting guests in 2020, with even more new experiences to follow."
Phase 2 which is supposed to be 2021 would add an "Avengers themed roller coaster". I wonder if the money lost on SWGE will remove the roller coaster from potential plans.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...rt-disneyland-paris-and-hong-kong-disneyland/

I doubt it. And I will not be surprised if this new Marvel land addition brings in larger crowds like Carsland did.

How do you interact with the characters in Batuu? We saw Rey and Chewy last night but didn't know how to approach them so we could have a photo or something. My daughter and I were quite shy and starstruck by Rey, but felt dumb randomly shouting "join the resistance!" or something to catch her attention. Rey just seemed to follow Chewy and interact with only those Chewy was assaulting (and not us shy onlookers following!). :confused3 We'd like to try to catch her today, just not sure what to say to get her to pause and talk with us.

How do you interact with the characters in Batuu? We saw Rey and Chewy last night but didn't know how to approach them so we could have a photo or something. My daughter and I were quite shy and starstruck by Rey, but felt dumb randomly shouting "join the resistance!" or something to catch her attention. Rey just seemed to follow Chewy and interact with only those Chewy was assaulting (and not us shy onlookers following!). :confused3 We'd like to try to catch her today, just not sure what to say to get her to pause and talk with us.

Rey is tough to interact with. She stays on the move a lot and rarely slows down to give you an opportunity to talk to her.

Depending on the time of day
Bright Suns - Daytime Greeting
Rising Moons - Evening / Night time Greeting
Face scan - photo, as in can I take a face scan with you?
Ask her about Porgs or other creatures
Ask her about The Millennium Falcon, were you surprised that the heap of junk could still fly
Warn her about Kylo Ren or Stormtroopers

Ask her about Reylo. :lovestruc

If it's a MM and you aren't in the park for early entry is it even worth showing up early to queue for Smugglers Run? Or is everyone from MM already going to be in line?

I doubt it. And I will not be surprised if this new Marvel land addition brings in larger crowds like Carsland did.

I hope nothing changes with the Marvel plans...and agreed! My son "liked" SWGE, but he was content to visit the land three times in 12 days, the third time just to buy something he had been eyeing, not even to ride SR! It's not a land that's calling to him. But he is BEYOND excited for Marvels Land. Many more characters, many more options, cool villains also, etc, etc...

It hasn't been discussed (that I've seen yet) and perhaps this is simply a comment about my particular 8 year old, but there's not a male SW character from the new movies that my son is SUPER into. He thinks Rey is totally awesome. And Poe & Finn are cool. Kylo is meh at this point, maybe the third movie will change that? For him, it's mainly a new story about Rey - which it is. The new force awakening, right? However, I was a SUPER SW fan as a little kid. It worked for me & the neighborhood kids because the little boys were all Luke/Han and the little girls were all uh, PRINCESS Leia, right? Perfect role-play for everyone. And before I go up in flames here...LOL...I'm NOT suggesting or advocating gender roles, stereo types, anything gender specific!! Just a comment about the draw of the new SW storyline for boys to "play" or connect with, and how maybe that's contributed to the softer opening for SWGE. And how, like the OP above, Marvels will probably outshine SWGE. Options for all in that universe!! And again, not that an influx of little boys would somehow change the attendance. Please, I'm not suggesting that. Just a general difference in the two universes...Marvels has strong kick butt women AND men in the new movies, not to mention killer villains (uh, I may have been known to don the role of Proxima Midnight to my son's Captain America😆) and how the draw of SWGE would have likely been stronger for my son, had he not felt the greatest connection with and affinity for Chewie & the Stormtroopers!!

If it's a MM and you aren't in the park for early entry is it even worth showing up early to queue for Smugglers Run? Or is everyone from MM already going to be in line?

it is worth it to queue up for 8am general opening on an early opening day BUT FOR THE REST OF THE PARK :) All the other lands are so quiet, headliners walk on or less than 10 minutes. Go to SWGE in the afternoon or evening

July 2nd, the entrance was at critter country, other entrances were blocked. The end of the line was around the hungry bear restaurant. The CMs were saying that "this is probably the longest line for the day", which was true. I hopped to DCA immediately and hopped back later in the day. The wait time was constantly around 60 minutes except in early morning.

We went on Saturday 7/13 and didn’t have early entry. We were at the one non-MM turnstile at 6:50 or so. After they let in MM people we moved over and were first in line at another turnstile.

We were let into the park around 7:35-7:40 and were among the front of the crowd waiting at Frontierland entrance at the Hub. There was a rope separating MM people from regular people but that was removed just before 8:00. We were forced to go around to the Critter Country entrance to GE and plenty of people ended up in front of us, but we still had only a 15-minute wait for the ride. But there also were lots and lots of people behind us waiting for rope drop.

So I would say it’s still worth going if you’re willing to be at the park quite early. I’d do it again but I would maybe stand at Adventureland since they only seem to use the CC entrance first thing.

Hey all,

Can anyone who has been to Droid Depot let me know if you can build R2 -D2?

My son wants to build R2 but I have been watching tons of footage and haven't seen all of his parts. I've seen the Silver with Blue dome...but haven't seen the body. I've seen the body in reversed Blue with Silver...and haven't seen the legs.

I know you can buy him boxed and pre-built but my son wants to select the parts and build him...

Also, once inside the Depot, how long does it approximately take to select the parts and build a droid?

Thanks in advance!

When my daughter built hers on June 4, we talked to a mom who said she had to “talk her son out of” just picking all the parts to make a normal R2D2. I honestly didn’t pay attention beyond that, and I realize that’s not definitive, but that makes me think yes?

It takes maybe 15 minutes? It depends if you have to wait for a CM.

They definitely have all the parts to build R2-D2, but sometimes they sell out. The panels on the front come in a few different colors and you pick them out when you build. That's why they look gray on the bodies below.

Here's a picture of all the R series parts. Sorry, the picture isn't that great because they're behind a screen. Also, the white legs are cut off in the picture, but you can see them on the bottom left.

Anybody try shipping a light saber home yet? I am curious approximate cost and how it worked out. Any complications?
I will not be able to bring it on the plane with me when I take my trip later this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter