I posted about this elsewhere, but on Sunday, we did this in the first hour by NOT rope-dropping SWGE:

Walked onto Alice
Teacups as the only teacup with people
Walked onto Dumbo
Mr. Toads, waited maybe a minute
Storybook Land, boat to ourself
Matterhorn, less than 5 minute wait
Walked onto Star Tours
Used our Hyperspace Mountain FP right at 9;00, but the standby line wasn’t even to the FP entrance, so wouldn’t have needed one

We then rode MFSR around noon and waited 42 minutes.

Seems like a good deal to me.

We are going to DLR in late September. Trying to get an idea of what to expect crowd-wise. Southern CA select AP’s will be blocked on the weekend but the old Southern CA’s won’t be. I don’t know how many of those old pass holders there are and how it will impact crowds. Will this be a floodgate opening when the old Southern CA pass holder ban lifts?

We are getting Maxpass which will help in other areas of the park. Our past DLR trips have been in the summer and the crowds didn’t bother us. We are staying onsite and are not planning on doing the Halloween party.

The single hardest thing for me to process is that Smuggler’s run wait times are around 60 minutes while over at WDW, Flight of Passage is still >2 hours and it opened more than 2 years ago. Perhaps it is just pass holders being blocked, people waiting for ROTR to open, increased capacity and the large number of other headliners nearby. Just find it all a bit odd.

it is worth it to queue up for 8am general opening on an early opening day BUT FOR THE REST OF THE PARK :) All the other lands are so quiet, headliners walk on or less than 10 minutes. Go to SWGE in the afternoon or evening
I posted about this elsewhere, but on Sunday, we did this in the first hour by NOT rope-dropping SWGE:

Walked onto Alice
Walked onto Dumbo
Walked onto Star Tours
Used our Hyperspace Mountain FP right at 9;00, but the standby line wasn’t even to the FP entrance, so wouldn’t have needed one

Which is great if you want to ride other stuff. And it was a little sad to not take advantage of the low wait times. But our trip was a last-minute trip just for GE. There is no way that my DH wasn’t going directly there and spending most of his time there. I was just lucky I got him to ride BTMR with me twice!

We are going to DLR in late September. Trying to get an idea of what to expect crowd-wise. Southern CA select AP’s will be blocked on the weekend but the old Southern CA’s won’t be. I don’t know how many of those old pass holders there are and how it will impact crowds. Will this be a floodgate opening when the old Southern CA pass holder ban lifts?

We are getting Maxpass which will help in other areas of the park. Our past DLR trips have been in the summer and the crowds didn’t bother us. We are staying onsite and are not planning on doing the Halloween party.

The single hardest thing for me to process is that Smuggler’s run wait times are around 60 minutes while over at WDW, Flight of Passage is still >2 hours and it opened more than 2 years ago. Perhaps it is just pass holders being blocked, people waiting for ROTR to open, increased capacity and the large number of other headliners nearby. Just find it all a bit odd.
What are your actual park dates?

The weekends during Halloweentime are pretty busy, but with Maxpass and multiple days, you’ll be fine.

MFSR moves a lot of people, which helps, but it’s the lack of FP that’s really keeping wait times low IMO.

How do you interact with the characters in Batuu? We saw Rey and Chewy last night but didn't know how to approach them so we could have a photo or something...
They don't interact the way characters off planet do -- not like posing for M&G photos. Chewy will give hugs to kids (and adults, too) who run up to him. Rey answers questions quite seriously. If your daughter has a question -- maybe something about how to join the Resistance? -- Rey will answer, maybe while walking, so that you can snap a photo. I've seen Rey sitting next to kids and chatting. If your daughter can catch Rey while she's seated, that might work well for photos, too. But have some "serious" questions ready to go.

What are your actual park dates?

The weekends during Halloweentime are pretty busy, but with Maxpass and multiple days, you’ll be fine.

MFSR moves a lot of people, which helps, but it’s the lack of FP that’s really keeping wait times low IMO.
Thank you. Our park dates are 9/27-9/30.

They definitely have all the parts to build R2-D2, but sometimes they sell out. The panels on the front come in a few different colors and you pick them out when you build. That's why they look gray on the bodies below.

Here's a picture of all the R series parts. Sorry, the picture isn't that great because they're behind a screen. Also, the white legs are cut off in the picture, but you can see them on the bottom left.

This is perfect!

Thanks!

This is perfect!

Thanks!
You're welcome. I'm planning on getting one, so I took the picture of the wall so I can plan out my colors, rather then just picking when I build. I got a picture of the BB wall too, but it's a bad angle, and I'm planning on making an R anyway.

Walked onto Alice
Walked onto Dumbo
Walked onto Star Tours

Thanks Skyegirl1999! This really helps my planning. We are going to DL for one day next week and I had no idea how we were going to tour the parks. I know quite a bit about WDW, but this is our first time to DL and since we only had one day I wanted to make sure we used our time wisely. My family wants to go to SWGE and I think with this info we'll probably hit it later in the day as opposed to the morning. We do have EMH that day (7/25) since we are staying at Paradise Pier, so if I can get my family moving I will definitely use that time doing something other than standing in line!

Wondering about Oga's: My spouse and I don't usually drink alcoholic beverages and will have our kids (10 & 12) with us, should I skip making an Oga's day-of-reservation? I'm willing to try other fun drinks though and take in the atmosphere! I was planning on visiting SWGE in afternoon so thought of using reservation as a way to get in just in case of capacity issues (going end of this month). Or should we go to Docking Bay 7 instead?

Well. In our case, our first day at DL will be on a non-Magic Morning day... just a regular 8 AM morning opening at the park. We plan on arriving early, say sometime shortly after 7 AM or so... if we are somewhere near the front of the pack for rope drop, is hitting up Galaxy's Edge for Smuggler's Run first thing a good idea if we can walk on into the attraction with little to no wait?

Our plan was to arrive early for rope drop. Hit Smuggler's Run as soon as we get in as that is what my group is most looking forward to. We'd like to ride a few times at least but if re-riding as a group is a large wait after we get off the attraction, we could potentially split up and single rider it. Then we thought we might grab something quick for breakfast from Ronto Roasters. We plan on creating reservations once the 7 AM booking opens at Savi's for maybe around 9 AM or so? After Savi's, I thought we might grab some blue or green milk to try as we wander the land a bit, taking some of the sights in... perhaps set up at MaxPass for something else in the park as we stroll, thinking we may be out of the land around 10 AM or thereabouts??

We thought we'd use the next hour to hit a few attractions around the park and then place a mobile order for lunch at Docking Bay 7 and return for it around 11:25 AM or so... will a mobile food order guarantee us to get back into the land similar to a Savi's or cantina reservation would? If so, we'd just really be going back into the land for lunch as we have to be heading over to catch the monorail at 12:25 PM or so we'll make the tour of the Disneyland Hotel at 1 PM.

When we return to the park after the tour, we plan to do some more attractions until around 5:35 PM or so, at which we are hoping to have secured a cantina reservation earlier as well for a return time for around 6 PM so we can get back into the land to try out the cantina's offerings. We have a dinner at the Blue Bayou set for 7:40 PM, but we'd probably like to try to get on Smuggler's Run again if we could, if only just once or if we have to once again single rider it. If the line is too crazy, we would probably just hit a MaxPass attraction elsewhere, if there's time to do so before dinner...

After Blue Bayou, it seems to be mostly an evening of nighttime shows for us. Maybe sneaking in an attraction or two here and there, if there's time. We don't plan to be back in Galaxy's Edge at this point.

So... is this an okay plan? Or are there massive flaws with it? Otherwise, the next day (that is Magic Morning at DL), we plan to avoid DL right at the start of the morning and instead rope drop DCA and hit a few attractions in the morning and enjoy breakfast there, stuff like that... after lunch we plan to swap over to DL for the rest of the day. Is this an alright idea??

I guess I'm worried about making a fatally wrong move...

Last edited:
Wondering about Oga's: My spouse and I don't usually drink alcoholic beverages and will have our kids (10 & 12) with us, should I skip making an Oga's day-of-reservation? I'm willing to try other fun drinks though and take in the atmosphere! I was planning on visiting SWGE in afternoon so thought of using reservation as a way to get in just in case of capacity issues (going end of this month). Or should we go to Docking Bay 7 instead?

Personally, I would make the reservation. It is worth seeing, and I am not even a big SW person. They do have several non alcoholic drinks for you and your family -- some are pretty cool too. (My DD had the Jabba Juice with the popping pearls and really liked it.)

Has anyone tried to fit the longest light saber blade from GE into one of the large lockers on Main Street? We usually get one when we go (but we get a medium) and if I buy a saber (duh, that *is* happening), I'd like to know if it fits in the large lockers or not so I have a game plan on whether or not to take my merch back to the hotel or if it will fit.

Has anyone tried to fit the longest light saber blade from GE into one of the large lockers on Main Street? We usually get one when we go (but we get a medium) and if I buy a saber (duh, that *is* happening), I'd like to know if it fits in the large lockers or not so I have a game plan on whether or not to take my merch back to the hotel or if it will fit.
Don't forget you can always "check" your merchandise and multiple locations and just pick it up at the end of the day that way you don't have to make a trip just to drop off your merch. And if you are staying onsite they can take it to your hotel .

Just wondering what the queue is like? How much is interesting? How much is inside/AC? For example if the wait is 1 hour, is 1/2 of that outside in the sun? Wait times look pretty good at the moment (noon)

Thanks!!

Don't forget you can always "check" your merchandise and multiple locations and just pick it up at the end of the day that way you don't have to make a trip just to drop off your merch. And if you are staying onsite they can take it to your hotel .

I know this is an option, but I would prefer not to, tbh.

So, the beginning is outside, and most of it is in shade, but depending how much of the “overflow” part you go into, you could be in the sun for a bit. Then you go into a room with a big vehicle in the middle and lots of stuff to look at; we play “I spy” in there. Then you do a switchback where there are windows looking at the back of the Falcon. Then you’re in the room with Hondo.

We’ve waited around 45-50 minutes the last couple of times, and it’s about half inside and half outside.

It does move fast since there’s no FP. The beginning has stuff to scan on the PlayDisney app, but we often don’t actually have time to scan it.

I thought we got one of the larger lockers on Main St (it was the more expensive locker), but no way would my DH's lightsaber fit in it. It did fit in the largest locker in the picnic area just outside the park (and may have fit in one of the second-largest lockers out there, but we went with the largest since we had no way of measuring before paying).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!