New to all this

millie2019

Earning My Ears
Hi fellow Disney fans. I'm not sure how all this works but here goes. I have only been to Disney World and am wondering what Disney is like in other countries. Hawaii interests me a great deal but is there a park there? I follow a couple other sites like Chasing Disney Magic.,com and Disney dinning and love those also but thought I'd give this forum a try. Thanks for additional help source, excited to try this!

There is no theme park in Hawaii - just the resort on Oahu. Other countries would be Paris, Japan and China.

Hi fellow Disney fans. I'm not sure how all this works but here goes. I have only been to Disney World and am wondering what Disney is like in other countries. Hawaii interests me a great deal but is there a park there? I follow a couple other sites like Chasing Disney Magic.,com and Disney dinning and love those also but thought I'd give this forum a try. Thanks for additional help source, excited to try this!

So, Hawaii has Aulani, which is a resort with some Disney touches like characters and shows. It's not a theme park though (there are a couple of water slides I believe).

Anyway, I have been to Tokyo Disneyland, and I will say if you are thinking of an overseas Disney trip, that's a great choice! It is amazing, especially the second park, Tokyo DisneySea. It's the greatest theme park in the world! It has an entire "land" for Jules Verne featuring 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Center of the Earth (perhaps the best Dinsey ride I have ever been on!). They have some familiar rides too, but with a new twist, like their Tower of Terror, which features an original story. The Disneyland side is also great, perhaps the best designed of all of them. It has the classics, but also some unique must-do's, like the trackless Winnie the Pooh ride (we are getting the trackless Ratatouille ride from Paris at Epcot - the US parks have been slow to adopt trackless LPS ride systems). Anyway, if all that sounds like gibberish to you, just know that the parks there are awesome and sure to please!

I am planning to go to Paris at some point in the not too distant future, but I haven't gotten there yet. I have done some homework though, so I am pretty knowledgeable. I hear it's somewhat less impressive than Tokyo, but it's still Disney and perhaps the most beautiful of the parks in terms of landscaping.

That leaves Hong Kong and Shanghai, which I don't know much about. They are smaller, but expanding. HK is completely redoing their castle into a much larger one and is the origin for some great shows like the Paint the Night parade that eventually came to Disneyland in California.

Anyway, good luck with your Disney adventures. If you have questions, I'm happy to answer, or if you just want to chat. I'll see you around the Dis!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!