New to camping at the Fort and so excited! Question about getting to a wilderness lodge.

playallday

Earning My Ears
So I grew up camping in a tent, as an adult we eventually got a pop up, and now after decades of not camping we have purchased a class B which we plan to pick up at end of this month. If things work out and no delays, we will be at the fort the second week of October for our shakedown.
Having stayed many times at Wilderness lodge and walked over to the Fort for dining, we have heard that the new construction has done away with the path between the two. So am I correct that the best way between the two is the resort boat service? Also can you tell me what dining options are currently available at the Fort? Thanks all..

We have a Dismeet going on that week. If you like, come by and say hello.

P&J's Southern Takeout is the only option I'm aware of currently at FW.

The trail is regrettably gone between FW and WL. I also heard boat transport between the two is not running either. :confused3 If that is in fact the case driving might be best option. If not, someone who has then there recently could advise if the buses are running there. This may change though as Disney brings more things up and going.

As @tiggerdad mentioned, the boat service and trail are currently closed, however, every yellow line bus that is headed towards the lake goes on to Wilderness Lodge after it leaves the settlement. The first time we went the busses didn't say it and you had to ask each yellow line driver but this last time the busses actually would say "Wilderness Lodge" when headed there from the Fort. There's also a semi-dedicated bus stop at Wilderness Lodge for the Fort. We made numerous successful trips to the Lodge and it's a short 4 minute bus ride from the Settlement Depot to there.

Got pictures to prove it too :) https://www.disboards.com/threads/august-2020-trip-reports.3809245/post-62250018

Welcome @playallday

I'm one of the many that will also be down the same time in October. Keep tabs on this forum and I'm sure you will see where we all land. Those of us on the group reservation will hopefully be together in the same loops (Premium and Full). Everyone is welcome to join us.

Like Bishoparc said, getting back and forth to WL is pretty easy right now with the Yellow bus. While I like the resort launch (little boat), the bus should be faster and we get to check out the construction zone formerly known as the new Reflections hotel/DVC.

j

Thanks all for the information, we will hopefully be able to mosey by to say hello. I’ve reserved a preferred loop. Thanks Bishoparc for the link. Wow it’s been a while since we rode the buses, impressed with the charging ports. Our 45th anniversary is the first night so we have reservations for Whispering Canyon Cafe to get our skillet fix on 🥰

Thanks all for the information, we will hopefully be able to mosey by to say hello. I’ve reserved a preferred loop. Thanks Bishoparc for the link. Wow it’s been a while since we rode the buses, impressed with the charging ports. Our 45th anniversary is the first night so we have reservations for Whispering Canyon Cafe to get our skillet fix on 🥰
Happy anniversary! We had Whispering Canyon that trip in August too. It was fantastic as always. The bus makes it super convenient to get to WL. I love the boat ride but that bus trip is super quick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!