New to Cross Stitch

PrincessJen09

DIS Veteran
I just bought my first cross stitch. I have my cloth in the holder and the colors seperated. However, I am confused about what to do next. :confused3 How do I know which way to go? It says to start in the middle but how will that work? Is it best to seperate all of the threads before beginning? Thank you for all of your help! :goodvibes

You need to fold your aida in half and then quarters to find the middle of your cloth. Next thing to do is to find the middle on your pattern, this is usually marked with arrows, follow them until you reach the centre,this is where you start to sew.It is really up to you whether you work from the centre down or upwards, personally i would work from the centre down. Only separate your threads when you are going to use them or you could end up with a big pile of thread with alot of knots in.

Hi tashasmum, how are you? My name is Cherie'. I have a GREAT cross stitch group that might just be a great avenue for you. This group is for ALL levels of cross stitchers. Our Chat room ALMOST ALWAYS has someone in there for you to get help if you would need it.

We also offer so MANY other points of interests. Monthly floss swaps, exchanges, and so much more. Starting June 28 thru July 24th bookmark exchange sign ups will be ongoing with a mail or post date to your receiver no later than by August 21st. We also have many helpful areas for all levels of cross stitching, including how to cross stitch, and more.... Three game areas, polls, cross stitch quizzes, members cross stitch project pics...and MORE. We also offer a ton of FREEBIE patterns that is always a work in progress.

If you are interested in taking a peek, come on over.
http://groups.msn.com/seewwhatcafe

If you decide to join, please inlclude in your application ( NO BLANK APPS ACCEPTED) where you saw this add and Cherie' (group owner) invited you.

Hope to see you or anyone else who is interested at the Cafe'...
Cherie'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter