New to Magical Express and I have a question

KEVD

DIS Veteran
On our past trips we've always rented a car. For our upcoming trip we are considering skipping the rental. I have two questions:

1. Does ME only take you to the resort you are staying?
2. We are scheduled to land at MCO at 10:45a and are staying at All Star Sports for our first night. We have a 1:30p ADR at B&C. Assuming no flight delays, will we have enough time to make it to B&C for 1:30p using ME (and whatever transfers we need to make to get there)?

1. Yes, you can only take it to the resort you're staying at.
2. Allow 90 minutes from the time you land to reach your resort. That would be 12:15ish. You should be OK taking DME to your resort and then a bus to Hollywood Studios.

On our past trips we've always rented a car. For our upcoming trip we are considering skipping the rental. I have two questions:

2. We are scheduled to land at MCO at 10:45a and are staying at All Star Sports for our first night. We have a 1:30p ADR at B&C. Assuming no flight delays, will we have enough time to make it to B&C for 1:30p using ME (and whatever transfers we need to make to get there)?
1. Technically no. Usually an ME bus will stop at multiple resorts. However, you don't know ahead of time which resorts that will be. Provided you don't have luggage under the bus, you are free to get off at any resort the bus stops at.
2. As PP said, you should arrive at your resort ~12:15p. You should be able to drop your bags and get on a bus. However, if there's a financial penalty if you don't make your ADR, I would reschedule.

1. Technically no. Usually an ME bus will stop at multiple resorts. However, you don't know ahead of time which resorts that will be. Provided you don't have luggage under the bus, you are free to get off at any resort the bus stops at.

True, good clarification. You can get off at any resort that happens to be on that route provided you don't have any bags stored under the bus, but you cannot tell the airport CM "Oh, we'd like to go to X resort instead"

You've already been advised that you have to take the bus that runs to your resort. For the All Stars, that could also include stops at AKL and/or CSR. I always tell people to allow up to 90 mins from gate to resort, not landing. Once you touchdown, it could be another 15 mins before you get off the plane!

If you land, on-time, at 10:45, you should be at Sports by 12:30, but probably sooner. Then, you would have to get to BC..probably going to DHS and walking or boating to BC from there. I would recommend using Uber from Sports to BC. Then, you wouldn't feel pressured or stressed. It wouldn't cost much and would take about 10 mins to get there.

As far in advance as possible, you can call DME at 866-599-0951 and request to be dropped off at a different resort, as long are you're not bring any luggage on the bus

As far in advance as possible, you can call DME at 866-599-0951 and request to be dropped off at a different resort, as long are you're not bring any luggage on the bus
As far as I know, the contract specifies that DME can only knowingly bring one to the resort at which you have a reservation.

As far as I know, the contract specifies that DME can only knowingly bring one to the resort at which you have a reservation.
Right. It is not licensed as a bus service but rather as a resort transfer service. That means transferring between the guest’s resort and MCO. They cannot take you to any other but your own so calling them will have no effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!