New to the boards

CyberPluto

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Just posting to say hi! We are new to the disBoards, and are from northern Virginia. Our family is just me and the missus. Unfortunately kids just couldn’t happen for us. But we are Disney nuts. My wife’s spirit animal is Webby from Ducktales and mine is Wall-E. We are gold Castaway Club members, and the Fantasy is like our second home—so please shoot if you have any questions at all about sailing on it (especially about going without kids, we’ve got plenty of great tips lol). We’ve also been to Disney World four times in the last couple years (right before our cruises, runDisney, and Food and Wine) and recently bought into DVC at Riviera, so we have many more visits to come. Anyways, just wanted to introduce ourselves, and we look forward to contributing to the community here! ❤️

Hi. Have you ever stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge? We are hoping to have a family vacation over the Christmas holidays this year. Animal Kingdom is favorite but the prices are high, so we're trying to sort out if it's doable.

I've stayed there twice. It's actually a pretty amazing and definitely worth experiencing once to see if it’s your thing. Savannah view is worth it. Drank my coffee every morning on the balcony watching giraffes, and that’s just some serious magic. Also mad friends with the flamingos. On the down side though, I felt like I spent half my time waiting for a bus or riding a bus. Also I’m an avid runner, and there’s just not much room. Lots of loops through parking lots and garages. If you want to spend a lot of time at Animal Kingdom park though, and you love animals, it’s pretty rad.

Kalxtí and welcome!

Im an adult disney nut (no kids, not my lifestyle) and i was curious how a trip to wdw is on two single weirdos looking for a fun time? Im tempted to visit for nostalga factor by my friend has never been and i wanna be there to see it!

Anyway, resident na'vi of the disBoards here (unofficial!) XD welcomes you!

Kalxtí and welcome!

Im an adult disney nut (no kids, not my lifestyle) and i was curious how a trip to wdw is on two single weirdos looking for a fun time? Im tempted to visit for nostalga factor by my friend has never been and i wanna be there to see it!

Anyway, resident na'vi of the disBoards here (unofficial!) XD welcomes you!

Ha! It is the BEST for a couple of weirdos! :D First time we went as adults, I didn't think I was going to be into it, but I was super wrong! I think we pace things a bit differently maybe. We try to take in the parks without rushing. We get there when we get there. We like to shop, and sit and have a beer at any spot that seems nice. We just kind of like to hang out. If we make it for our fast passes, that's cool, but we don't stress about it. Walking the world showcase at Epcot is awesome. Get a margarita at Cava de Tequila in Mexico!. And the Cantina at Galaxy's Edge is not to be missed if you are a Star Wars fan. Fireworks at night. Magic Kingdom turned out just not to be our thing, but if you are bringing someone for the first time, it goes without saying that you need to spend some time there--that initial view of walking up the street and seeing the castle in front of you is amazing the first time. Catch the parade too. And if you aren't the type to try and maximize your park time, and just want some chill time too, consider one of the deluxe Disney resorts. Just hanging at the poolside bar at Animal Kingdom Lodge, or doing some resort site seeing on the Skyliner is a good time for us.

All that to say, there are tons of things for adults to do. At least for us, we never get bored with it. :)

Ha! It is the BEST for a couple of weirdos! :D First time we went as adults, I didn't think I was going to be into it, but I was super wrong! I think we pace things a bit differently maybe. We try to take in the parks without rushing. We get there when we get there. We like to shop, and sit and have a beer at any spot that seems nice. We just kind of like to hang out. If we make it for our fast passes, that's cool, but we don't stress about it. Walking the world showcase at Epcot is awesome. Get a margarita at Cava de Tequila in Mexico!. And the Cantina at Galaxy's Edge is not to be missed if you are a Star Wars fan. Fireworks at night. Magic Kingdom turned out just not to be our thing, but if you are bringing someone for the first time, it goes without saying that you need to spend some time there--that initial view of walking up the street and seeing the castle in front of you is amazing the first time. Catch the parade too. And if you aren't the type to try and maximize your park time, and just want some chill time too, consider one of the deluxe Disney resorts. Just hanging at the poolside bar at Animal Kingdom Lodge, or doing some resort site seeing on the Skyliner is a good time for us.

All that to say, there are tons of things for adults to do. At least for us, we never get bored with it. :)

Guh that sounds like a dream tbh!

Both my friend and i work nights so getting up super early is definitely out, and i was afraid id miss all the cool opportunities if we tended to sleep in a bit or are more night owly. I was hoping to just go and enjoy, not stress about all the things to do and see, its all so different now anyway. When i went as a child ::brandishes cane:: back in my day there was none of this fastpass shenanigans, we walked up hill for the qeues both ways! XDxD so ive been stressing about time.management and planning at all.

And the eating, oy! Im not one for eating out a lot, because i need some healthier options but i hear the eateries are pretty ace for calorie counters ;>.

I would LOVE to indulge in animal lodge (again, worried about price) but i would love to see giraffes while indulging in my.morning coffee!

I still have plenty of planning. But my bud said she wasnt a big ride needer. And neither am i. I jist wanna see it again!

Thanks for all the great advice! Ill be turning to you a lot!

Welcome! I’ve lurked here a long time but just joined this week! Planning a trip in December and def wish I could afford AKL!

Welcome! I’ve lurked here a long time but just joined this week! Planning a trip in December and def wish I could afford AKL!
Definitely keep your eye out for special offers. First time we stayed there we payed less than rack rate of most moderates. Granted, we found out why it was such a good deal—the room was ground floor, with the nightly outdoor movie right next to us. But that didn’t detract from the fun. Regardless of room, you can still enjoy the amazing lobby and various animal watching spots.

Guh that sounds like a dream tbh!

Both my friend and i work nights so getting up super early is definitely out, and i was afraid id miss all the cool opportunities if we tended to sleep in a bit or are more night owly. I was hoping to just go and enjoy, not stress about all the things to do and see, its all so different now anyway. When i went as a child ::brandishes cane:: back in my day there was none of this fastpass shenanigans, we walked up hill for the qeues both ways! XDxD so ive been stressing about time.management and planning at all.

And the eating, oy! Im not one for eating out a lot, because i need some healthier options but i hear the eateries are pretty ace for calorie counters ;>.

I would LOVE to indulge in animal lodge (again, worried about price) but i would love to see giraffes while indulging in my.morning coffee!

I still have plenty of planning. But my bud said she wasnt a big ride needer. And neither am i. I jist wanna see it again!

Thanks for all the great advice! Ill be turning to you a lot!
Doesn’t necessarily equate to low calorie, but we are both strict vegans and have been so pleased by the numerous options that have been introduced over the last couple years. Food-wise there’s really something for everyone. The food options at AKL are amazing.

On price of staying there, I totally get that. Like I said above though, definitely keep your eye out for deals. First time we went, the room was surprisingly affordable compared to the normal prices you see.

Welcome... Lots of great info, and tips...

pixiedust: :thumbsup2 ::yes::

I'm a local, If you need any info on Orlando, local spots or restaurants, or some of the out lying smaller town, that have a ton of cool stuff to check out... Please feel free to ask...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!