New Universal Promo - 2 days free on 4 day tickets

quick2blush

Earning My Ears
Wow - the last promotion ended yesterday and they already have a new one! Seems like a great deal - and even better, works for our dates :cool1:

Ticket Offer: Get 2 Days Free When You Buy 2 Days
Double the thrills with two extra days at Universal Orlando. Go all out in all three parks when you upgrade to include Volcano Bay for $40. Purchase by Aug. 13, 2020. Use by Dec. 18, 2020 with no blockout dates. Restrictions apply.

For example, 4 days/3 park (park-to-park)
Promo Adult ticket is $335 + tax
Regular Adult ticket is $395 + tax

That sounds great until you read that the 4 days need to be used within 7 consecutive days!?!

Last year I bought a similar deal for a Florida resident, and there was no consecutive day limit.
I'm seeing that even with the regular (non-sale) multi-day tickets you have to use it within 7 days.

Is there ever a deal without this strange consecutive days limit for non-Florida residents?
Or... how can I buy two- or three-day passes without the consecutive day limit?

I'm not a regular to Orlando (once every few years). The promo says to buy tickets by August 13, but is it safe to assume this deal really won't last that long or stay the same price?
I just found out we'll be going to Orlando (off-site lodging) in September and this would be perfect. I just hate buying something this far out when a bit cash strapped. I did see
there is a 5% penalty if you return the E-ticket before August 13 which would be $57 for four tickets. Guess that's worth a gamble.

I'm not a regular to Orlando (once every few years). The promo says to buy tickets by August 13, but is it safe to assume this deal really won't last that long or stay the same price?
I just found out we'll be going to Orlando (off-site lodging) in September and this would be perfect. I just hate buying something this far out when a bit cash strapped. I did see
there is a 5% penalty if you return the E-ticket before August 13 which would be $57 for four tickets. Guess that's worth a gamble.

Last year when we were considering a Universal trip, the free days promo was active right up until the end of the promo period (as in, they aren't issuing the promo from a limited pool of tickets at that price, the way promos for hotel rooms work). That said, I wouldn't buy tickets unless you know you're going especially if you don't have the free cash to cover it comfortably. Plus, if Universal is offering the promo, it won't be long before Undercover tourist has it even cheaper - keep checking their website once your plans are solidified!

Usually if it says by a specific date they stick to it and that’s when they will be available til.

UT now has the promo listed - their price for the same example above is $306!!

I'm not worried about the promo ending early, but there's still a chance they could raise prices like Disney just did?

You can upgrade them, but you'll only get credit for Universal's promo price (ie, they do not credit you as though it is a 4 day ticket). So it's really not a great savings if you're planning to upgrade.

I'm looking at the Buy 2 get 2 days on UT - it looks like total is $289. Tickets on Universal site are $314. If I want to upgrade to a seasonal AP ($325 online) - is that allowed, and if so, would I pay the price difference between the UT price or the Universal price? I hope that makes sense.

I'm looking at the Buy 2 get 2 days on UT - it looks like total is $289. Tickets on Universal site are $314. If I want to upgrade to a seasonal AP ($325 online) - is that allowed, and if so, would I pay the price difference between the UT price or the Universal price? I hope that makes sense.
The way it's been in the past is you get the universal site price towards your seasonal pass paying the UT ticket price. You must use the UT ticket at least one day first before upgrading to get the universal price towards the AP. Pretty sure it should be the same this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter