New Year, New Start - January WISH Challenge

WhooHoo Wednesday

I am glad I get to be sick on my own home instead of being on my in laws as we were end of last year, or in my old home but dealing with open viewings. Good to be home

Still feel pretty miserable temperature up and down all day. It is very hard to make myself rest, I am so used to being on the go all the time but I am glad I am chilling out today
I remember you had a long, hard time getting to your new house. Take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon.

I am not so woohoo today. DD and I got in an argument over her sweatshirt this morning. This would be her 3rd day in a row wearing it and I told to change it. it didn't go over very well an I left the house with her pissed at me. Then she decided to take the bus. She hates the bus so not sure why she wanted to. I got a notification that she was absent from her first class. So then everything runs through your head. I called the school and she was just late to class because it was in a different room but the teacher did not update her being absent until about an hour later. Really scared us. Then in this process DH went in her room to get her phone and go through it and found that her hamster has died. We don't think she knows this yet. I am leaving work early to be home when she gets off the bus so we can tell her together. She is going to be so upset. It is going to be a really rough night.
Oh, no, I’m so sorry. Sending you positive thoughts and hope things go well tonight.

I am not so woohoo today. DD and I got in an argument over her sweatshirt this morning. This would be her 3rd day in a row wearing it and I told to change it. it didn't go over very well an I left the house with her pissed at me. Then she decided to take the bus. She hates the bus so not sure why she wanted to. I got a notification that she was absent from her first class. So then everything runs through your head. I called the school and she was just late to class because it was in a different room but the teacher did not update her being absent until about an hour later. Really scared us. Then in this process DH went in her room to get her phone and go through it and found that her hamster has died. We don't think she knows this yet. I am leaving work early to be home when she gets off the bus so we can tell her together. She is going to be so upset. It is going to be a really rough night.
Hugs to you both.

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for access to information, to people, to ideas. I always seem to receive what I need when I need it, even tho sometimes I'm not paying close attention and don't "get it" right away.

And I'm thankful that the massage last night really has made a difference in how my body feels.

Tuesday night I had a very restless night of sleep, I knew it would be better last night, after having the massage (which included using CDB lotion), but decided to move my bed and to put my weighted blanket on to make sure I slept well. I didn't mention either of these things when we were discussing sleep, so thought I would bring them up. I move the bed around every couple months to stir up the energy in the bedroom, and a night or two of restless sleep is usually the trigger to do so. And I bought a weighted blanket last year, I don't always use it because it can pool heat, but it is strange how well it works. I did sleep soundly last night, except that Whitehall was fussy again.

I'm off tomorrow to go to the EFT appointment. I'm really curious about it, and looking forward to giving it a try. If the weather isn't too wet (rain is forecast for the foreseeable future) I'll go down to Port Robertson park, and spend some time walking along the beach. If it is too wet, just doing the ferry ride is a nice change of pace. No big plans for the weekend, except household stuff, as per usual. I may or may not paint something... most of the walls in the house are painted grey, which is my favorite neutral, but I've been craving all things white. The bathroom hasn't been painted since I moved in 9 years ago, so I might paint it.

I am thankful for the great teachers my kids have.

DD acting like nothing happened yesterday after telling her that her hamster died. It was a bit odd as she really loved this pet. She took awesome care of him. I let her teachers know today what was going on just in case it it her while at school. I have heard back from them and it has hit her at school. She is very sad but they are keeping her busy. I wish i could be there with her to comfort her but I know she is in good hands.

Thanks for your take on weighted blankets-I did some research on them and the heat factor gave me some pause, but I think I sleep better with the blankets piled on.
Hope your session goes well -and a walk on the beach or a ferry ride sounds wonderful!

Thankful Thursday
Today I am thankful for access to information, to people, to ideas. I always seem to receive what I need when I need it, even tho sometimes I'm not paying close attention and don't "get it" right away.

Love this! Yes, things work out in ways we can't predict at times.

My son missed his stopped and copped on all the way in the middle of the city today. I am grateful for google family link and google maps as I was able to talk him to get to stop and track where he is (the stops to and back are 10 minutes walk away, they aren't across the street. He gave me huge hug when he came home.

I am grateful that while this month didn't go exactly my way and I am finishing it home sick - I had some time to mentally relax, mediate and compose myself and I am looking for better times tomorrow

I am grateful that while I gained weight, I am able to lose it.

It's freaking me out how much work we could do in the house and I have been pricing different things last few weeks but I will need to relax and remind myself that I chose great location (superb really, we couldn't have asked for better. It's convenient and safe and there are things you can walk to as movies and park and small village with shops and cafes and sports felicities, swimming pool, tennis courts but it's also 25 minutes with transport to the city centre. It was a choice we made knowing well that we won't get everything we want in the house done as soon as we get it. I this month is all about gathering data, next it will be doing what we can ourseves and talking and enjoying it. We will decide on what to do next march.

Last edited:
I am thankful for the great teachers my kids have.

DD acting like nothing happened yesterday after telling her that her hamster died. It was a bit odd as she really loved this pet. She took awesome care of him. I let her teachers know today what was going on just in case it it her while at school. I have heard back from them and it has hit her at school. She is very sad but they are keeping her busy. I wish i could be there with her to comfort her but I know she is in good hands.

Sorry to hear about her pet. Hope you get to comfort her when she comes back from school - sounds like really great school!

I am thankful for all of you. Thanks to this group I feel connected to the world. I’m not really in social media much. But this group has been amazing. And I enjoy reading all the posts about our common goal of living a healthy lifestyle. And when I start to feel like giving up or giving in, I see a post that picks me right back up and refocuses me toward my goal.
I am also thankful for my job and my husbands job (and workman’s comp/insurance). These jobs allow us the opportunity to provide for our family and then some. I am grateful and excited to go to Disney’s Vero Beach. I am grateful and excited to surprise my son with a mother/son Disney World trip. I am grateful and always excited to watch my kids in sports or performing arts. I am grateful and excited to cook healthy meals at home or treat the family to meals out. All of these things and more are possible because we have jobs. For that I am so thankful! And even moreso, I am thankful that my job allows me to be on my kids schedule (for the most part). This allows me time with my kids, which is so precious. There have been many days when I wish I could have been a stay at home mom like many of my neighbors/friends. But for our family, having me work was the better option financially. So I am so grateful to have a job that allows me to have summers and holidays home with my kids. ❤️

I can’t believe it’s the end of the month! I’m looking back over my goals, I was very ambitious with my first goal. I think I set that goal high in hopes of really pushing myself. But I definitely did not lose 10 pounds. I did however lose about 4 pounds. So hopefully I can keep that going next month. I did follow my plan of exercising daily, logging my food and getting 8 hours of sleep 23/31 nights (there were only 3 nights of less than 7 hours). While I did log my food each day, I need to be better at logging it sooner. Some days I just logged it all right before going to bed. That’s doesn’t help me to stay on track as much as if I would log it as I’m eating or even before I eat.

My mental health goal for January was to read 2 books. And this I did with a week to spare. It really helped me to cut back on my tv watching and I think it helped me to go sleep better. I look to continue this goal next month as well.

59A09327-3207-448E-890A-F5A0173906AE.jpeg

It’s Friday-and I can’t believe it’s the last day of January. At least, here in Pennsylvania we only had had one snow day. So I feel like we’re past the worst of winter. C’mon Spring!

Do we have football fans on here? Are you watching the Super Bowl Sunday? I was hoping my Baltimore Ravens would be playing this weekend, but we’re football fans, so we will still enjoy the game.

I’m inviting you to my virtual Super Bowl party and you’re welcome to bring a favorite snack.

I’m making this-it’s substantial enough to be dinner with a vegetable tray.

https://drizzlemeskinny.com/turkey-cheesy-queso-dip/

And with February ahead it’s time to have our sign up for next month. :)

2/3
2/10
2/17 HappyGrape
2/24

Last edited:
View attachment 469968

It’s Friday-and I can’t believe it’s the last day of January. At least, here in Pennsylvania we only had had one snow day. So I feel like we’re past the worst of winter. C’mon Spring!

Do we have football fans on here? Are you watching the Super Bowl Sunday? I was hoping my Baltimore Ravens would be playing this weekend, but we’re football fans, so we will still enjoy the game.

I’m inviting you to my virtual Super Bowl party and you’re welcome to bring a favorite snack.

I need to make this! We call football something different around here, I think you call it European soccer? I do watch the halftime show if I get a chance but that's about it

View attachment 469968

We haven't had a snow day yet this year. We might next week though. We are supposed to get snow for a few days. Not sure how bad though. We have only had 1 snow storm that only gave a few inches. That melted pretty quickly. I am ready for spring but we need to get though February first because January and Feb are the worst for the winter for us. And if we do get a storm we will get tons of lake affect since it hasn't been cold either so the lake is not frozen yet. It has been a very odd winter for us.

We will be watching the game. Our team will never make it the super bowl. We are Browns fans. We still watch every year. DS is going to his friends to watch the game and DD's is having a friend over who her family is big football fans but our girls are not. It will give them something to do. We always get wings and veggies and some snacks for the game.

I also a Saints fan, or I should say a Drew Brees fan. I was hoping they would make it. After watching the Titians win their first play off game was I rooting for them. Would have loved to see the under dog team make it and win.

Last weight in for January. I am 2.1kg down. It wasn't the start I was hoping for but it is a move in the right directions and I have some thoughts/lessons to take ahead.

I need more downtime, home without visitors and without trying to do it all.
I need to be organised and cook ahead.

Last year was crazy busy, no wonder I end up feeling so unwell. I need to remind myself that while there is a lot I could do in this house, I don't have to do it this week.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!