New Year's trip to Universal......

smg1062

Mouseketeer
Last year was Disney....this year...UNIVERSAL!! We're staying New Year's week and the week after at the Hard Rock. First time to Universal. Looking for tips/suggestions. We have a 6 yr old sweet boy with mild Autism and were told that the Universal Express passes will act like the Disney GAC in terms of alternate entries to attractions. Is this true? Do we need to get something else as well? Also, are there any discussion forums regarding the dining areas of Universal?

Thanks,
Steve, Julie, and prince Eli

It is not alternate entrance. Its the right to use the Universal Express line as you want, without needing to get or buy Universal Express tickets. I whould go to Guest Services and explain your situation and hope they assist you in providing you with alternate entrances.

For dining... both Confisco Grill and Mythos are very good for full service dining. They are both in Islands of Adventures. If you like Fajitas, order them for 2 at Confisco Grill! The Chocolate Sampler is expansive (7-8$) at Mythos is expansive, but unbelievable! At Mythos, I usually ordered the Shoulder Cut filet (two unbelievable filets) and for appetizer, share the Tomato/Buffalo Mozzarella salad. Its a very healthy dish (served with Balsamic Vinegar, which is vinegar with a little kick to it) and is presented... quite in a unique way! The Lobster Bisque at Mythos is quite special too.

Cirkus McGurkus serves great fried chicken and spaghetti. The Sandwiches at Cafe 4 are really good too.

Those were my spots when I went to Universal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter