New York Marathon 2020....coming to you Nov 7, 2021!

I have a quick question regarding the resolution choices for future marathon if you have a guaranteed entry...

The email says:
“The process is not first-come, first-served and your choices, once submitted, are final.”

I made my choices but it seems like I can still edit them. Is there a submit button that I missed?

Yeah, I noticed that you can still edit. I think that the window just closes after the 15th and that is how things are "final". I'm going back and forth on what I want to do.

Yeah, I noticed that you can still edit. I think that the window just closes after the 15th and that is how things are "final". I'm going back and forth on what I want to do.
What did you put do far? How do you feel about the current choices you made?

I settled for 2023 first and 2022 second. I feel at peace with it so see you in 2023 NYC! 935 days to go... time to add a ticker to my signature 😆

I noticed you can actually set both choices to the same year - I didn't because I didn't want to tempt fate and break the system...I chose 2021 because the whole goal was to run the 50th. But with the additional entries they gave to those in 2020, I may not get my choice even though I got entry back in 2019 (mind you I did the virtual entry option, not because I'm fast). sigh.

I noticed you can actually set both choices to the same year - I didn't because I didn't want to tempt fate and break the system...I chose 2021 because the whole goal was to run the 50th. But with the additional entries they gave to those in 2020, I may not get my choice even though I got entry back in 2019 (mind you I did the virtual entry option, not because I'm fast). sigh.
That is why they wrote in that email we got yesterday: “Please note: selecting the same year for both preferences does not increase your chances. Please make two different choices for your preferences.”

Finger crossed that you get what you really want!

I put 2021 then 2022. My issue is that I have a family wedding in Hawaii that I won't be able to go to if I run this year. But if I wait til next year, I'm afraid I will lack the motivation to want to train.

That is why they wrote in that email we got yesterday: “Please note: selecting the same year for both preferences does not increase your chances. Please make two different choices for your preferences.”

Interesting....I did not receive any email. I did notice this question come up on their FB post though. Good thing they answered it.

I settled for 2023 first and 2022 second. I feel at peace with it so see you in 2023 NYC! 935 days to go... time to add a ticker to my signature 😆
Those were my selections as well.

I'm used to getting hounded by constant emails and reminders, but there have been surprisingly few. I only remembered to make my selection yesterday! So in case anyone else saw the initial email and promptly forgot, the selection window ends tomorrow, so get on it.

Wife and I selected 2021 and 2022. We figure if one of us gets in this year, then we will just end up defering until 2022.

We ran the virtual in 2019 with the intent to run the 50th in 2020. So hopefully we will both get that chance this year.

I got an email from NYRR but it disappeared from my inbox and trash folders. Can anyone please confirm that it was not the time to register for 2023 (as a replacement for 2020)? Also, when should I expect such email? The original email stated early 2023.

Congratulations to all who ran last weekend!

I got an email from NYRR but it disappeared from my inbox and trash folders. Can anyone please confirm that it was not the time to register for 2023 (as a replacement for 2020)? Also, when should I expect such email? The original email stated early 2023.

Congratulations to all who ran last weekend!

The website says "Application and guaranteed-entry claim window: February 2023*"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!