Newbie just booked Harmony of the Seas

jaminmd

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Just booked Harmony of the Seas for my daughter's 21st birthday - her choice.. I've only cruised once and it was DCL, so I feel a little lost. Where's the best place for me to start?
Thanks!

I'd start with https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/ - lots of informative blog posts and podcasts to go through.

The Cruise Critic boards have a subsection about Florida embarkation ports - lots of information about Fort Lauderdale such as hotels, restaurants and getting to/from Port Everglades from FLL/MIA.

I will third cruise critic. They have trip reports, photos and very lively discussions about all the RCCL ships. They discuss everything from the beverage packages and which decks are best to pick for your stateroom to specialty dining and shore excursions.

I second Royal Caribbean Blog. They are about to do a live blog series from the Harmony. They set sail tomorrow, so you will have real time information about what's going on on the ship currently. Matt, who runs the site, is very informative and gives a ton of info in his live blogs.

I am a fan of GOOGLE when it comes to researching ships. Just search the ship name and then click on "images" and you will find thousands candid images from all over the ship and ports of call. You can refine the images by typing in the name of a certain restaurant, menu, activity or any other specific interest you may have. The best feeling in the world is knowing you have a cruise coming up! pirate: Have fun!!

YouTube is also a wonderful resource for ship tours! And if you're lucky you may find a vlogger who has did videos on the ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!