Newbie to Royal carabean mariner of the sea

4 mickey

4 MICKEY
Hi
I am a veteran at Disney cruise but never tried RC
i have a few questions ( did I say a few )
I will most likely try mariner of the sea

I will I guess be able to use free dinning ? ( whenever we wish to eat ) how does that work ?
you show up and get a table ? Just us 2 ?
what are the main dinning room included in cruise fare ?
about the ones you can go and pay are they expensive ? Which one you recommend ?
we don’t drink any wine or drinks mostly soft drinks how does that work ? ( dcl you go and get it just about anywhere free ( well included shall I say )
if we want a soft drink at lunch ..dinner..or during afternoon how does that work ?
i guess you buy a soda package ? For a 4 night how much ?

showtime
late we assigned a specific time ? Or do we just show up ? One show per night ?
and for now lolllll last one is there a cinema onboard the mariner of the sea ?

thank you very much for helping a newbie RC cruiser

I'm heading out on Mariner in April. The soda package has ranged from $6.50-$8.99 per day (the price fluctuates in the cruise planner, if it goes down you can cancel and rebook very easily). Any time you want soda, you show them your card and if you have the soda package they give it to you. If you don't, they charge the card (even at meals).
The main dining room and Windjammer are free to eat at. There is also a place in the promenade that is open most of the time (closes late at night) that has stuff to grab. Other places range from $25-$45ish per meal. My cruise is currently offering an unlimited dining option for $99.99 per person that is good for all 4 nights. We don't pay extra for food, we go with whatever is included (well except for the occasional Johnny Rockets).
They usually show movies a couple times in the main theater. I cannot remember if there's an outside screen by the pool on Mariner (I was on the sister ship Navigator in May 2019 but can't remember). If there is, they will play movies out there too.

Hi
I am a veteran at Disney cruise but never tried RC
i have a few questions ( did I say a few )
I will most likely try mariner of the sea

I will I guess be able to use free dinning ? ( whenever we wish to eat ) how does that work ?
you show up and get a table ? Just us 2 ?
I assume you mean My Time? You can either pre-book a time, or just show up and wait for a table, similar to going to a restaurant. The other option is to book traditional dining where you have a set dinner time and table (there is an early time and a late time). And yes, both with Traditional and My Time, you can request a table for 2.

what are the main dinning room included in cruise fare ?
The Main Dining room is included (breakfast, lunch on sea days, dinner), Windjammer is included (buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner), Cafe Promenade has light sandwiches and snacks.
about the ones you can go and pay are they expensive ? Which one you recommend ?
We had a very nice meal at Chops on Mariner. But recently we have skipped the specialty restaurants and just stick with the MDR.

we don’t drink any wine or drinks mostly soft drinks how does that work ? ( dcl you go and get it just about anywhere free ( well included shall I say )
if we want a soft drink at lunch ..dinner..or during afternoon how does that work ?
i guess you buy a soda package ? For a 4 night how much ?
You can either purchase soda as you go. Or you can book the soda package, which gives you unlimited soda plus the freestyle machine (you need to use the special cup that comes with the package and they have all types of soda and flavored water).

showtime
late we assigned a specific time ? Or do we just show up ? One show per night ?
and for now lolllll last one is there a cinema onboard the mariner of the sea ?
Usually there are two shows, but I forget if Mariner has single show on the first night or two. They work with early and late dining times so you can schedule your dinner around them. There is also an ice show that is fun and is usually also shown on the sea day during the day.
The movie screen is by the pool and they'll play movies at night.

thank you very much for helping a newbie RC cruiser
Enjoy. Mariner is a great ship!

RCL offers a better selection than most for free beverages:
  • tap water
  • milk
  • tea
  • coffee (regular and decaf)
  • lemonade
  • iced tea
  • flavored waters
  • juices (at breakfast and not fresh squeezed)
  • Hot chocolate (via instant packets)
If you think you still want the soda package, book it in advance because it is more expensive onboard. I don't usually drink soda, but I really like that they have the freestyle coke machines for limitless low cal and/or caffeine free options. They also include a pretty cool cup which is one of my favorite souvenirs.

We really enjoy the specialty dining on RCL, and we usually get at least one free specialty dinner included as a booking perk from our travel agent. If you don't want to pay extra, the free dining rooms are very good as well. If you ever order something you don't like, just ask and they will be happy to bring you something different. Multiple entre and appetizers are encouraged!

Royal offers the traditional 5:30 and 8pm dinner seatings. They also have My Time dining which allows you to reserve a dinner time at your convenience. You can also just walk up, but there may be a wait during peak dining times.

Mariner does have an outdoor movie screen by the pool. They also show movies in the main show theater during the day.

RCL offers a better selection than most for free beverages:
  • tap water
  • milk
  • tea
  • coffee (regular and decaf)
  • lemonade
  • iced tea
  • flavored waters
  • juices (at breakfast and not fresh squeezed)
  • Hot chocolate (via instant packets)
If you think you still want the soda package, book it in advance because it is more expensive onboard. I don't usually drink soda, but I really like that they have the freestyle coke machines for limitless low cal and/or caffeine free options. They also include a pretty cool cup which is one of my favorite souvenirs.
We will be sailing on the Mariner. What type of flavored waters do they offer? Are they in bottles?

We will be sailing on the Mariner. What type of flavored waters do they offer? Are they in bottles?
Flavored waters are not in bottles, are in canisters with a spigot. I have seen mango, strawberry kiwi, and a few other flavors. It seems to differ per ship and even per day.
Denise

Nice to hear it will be available on our August saiing on the Mariner. Any idea if they have it on CoCo Cay?

Don’t recall seeing flavored water offered on the Oasis last year.

Doing the Harmony in a month, hope they have it:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!