Newbie with a "simple" question:

Red Dog Run

Mouseketeer
If I have two contracts: one in March and one in Oct both with available points for a week, does this mean at the 11 month mark I can make TWO one week stays back to back as the time allows?

I am planning a honeymoon and we want 12 days. I read that only one week at at time allowed. Is that per contract? My recent "sale pending" are on AKL and OKW.

Awesome. So I can do a back to back with 7 days each: one per contract. Thank you very much for your response.

If I have two contracts: one in March and one in Oct both with available points for a week, does this mean at the 11 month mark I can make TWO one week stays back to back as the time allows?

I am planning a honeymoon and we want 12 days. I read that only one week at at time allowed. Is that per contract? My recent "sale pending" are on AKL and OKW.

One week (7 nights) at the 11 or 7 month window. The next day, you can add night 8, then the next day night 9, etc. Are both contracts the same resort? You can’t book the second week on a separate reservation the same day as the first. You are better off extending the first reservation, which can start on day 8.

Two different UYs. Two different resorts. That means two different memberships.

Your memberships function independently of one another. You will not be able to combine them at 7 months to make a single reservation unless you transfer the necessary points from one to the other.

What you can do is make two unique reservations - one from each membership. If they are for the same resort and for the same room type & view, then you can call Member Services and ask them to “link” the reservations so that you aren’t moved to a new room when the first reservation ends. Do not ask to “combine” the reservations. That cannot be done if the reservations were made with two different memberships.

Awesome. So I can do a back to back with 7 days each: one per contract. Thank you very much for your response.

You can but are these the same resort? The way I understand it(which could be wrong), since you have different use years, points used from the contracts can’t be used beyond 11months out. So inevitably you will have one contract that qualifies and another that won’t. So if you have 50 points on each and need 100 points ...you can book the first 50 as soon as that contract is within 11-months then wait until the other contract falls into that same window. Hopefully someone can confirm this for sure.

Anyone can book at 2 week stay...just not all at once on the exact 11 month window.

So, the window for the trip opens the same day no matter what you own.

The limit is 7 days at the start of 11 or 7 months but can add more days as you go into the booking window,

I could go in and book several 7 day trips for the same dates at 11 months if I wanted,

In your case, because you own two memberships, you will need to book some nights on one and some on the other if you want to book using both.

You can but are these the same resort? The way I understand it(which could be wrong), since you have different use years, points used from the contracts can’t be used beyond 11months out. So inevitably you will have one contract that qualifies and another that won’t. So if you have 50 points on each and need 100 points ...you can book the first 50 as soon as that contract is within 11-months then wait until the other contract falls into that same window. Hopefully someone can confirm this for sure.
UY has nothing to do with the 11-month window. If you own an April UY and I own a December UY at the same resort, we can both book 11 months from today at our home resort.

The OP is buying two different resorts (OKW & AKV) with two different UYs (March & October). They cannot use points from both memberships to make a single reservation at 11 months because they are from two different home resorts. At 7 months, they cannot combine those points to make a single reservation because they are two different memberships. They would need to transfer points from one membership to the other in order to have a single reservation. This can only be done with the help of Member Services.

• Haha
Reactions: GAN
One week (7 nights) at the 11 or 7 month window. The next day, you can add night 8, then the next day night 9, etc. Are both contracts the same resort? You can’t book the second week on a separate reservation the same day as the first. You are better off extending the first reservation, which can start on day 8.
The contracts are at different resorts. I was hoping to do 7 at one and 5 or so at the other back to back.

UY has nothing to do with the 11-month window. If you own an April UY and I own a December UY at the same resort, we can both book 11 months from today at our home resort.

The OP is buying two different resorts (OKW & AKV) with two different UYs (March & October). They cannot use points from both memberships to make a single reservation at 11 months because they are from two different home resorts. At 7 months, they cannot combine those points to make a single reservation because they are two different memberships. They would need to transfer points from one membership to the other in order to have a single reservation. This can only be done with the help of Member Services.

I might not have explained myself very well. I'm still processing the exciting purchases in my brain. I'd like to book Animal Kingdom for 5 nights at the 11 month window. Then on day 6 of my HONEYMOON (YEAH) I'd like to switch to OKW for days 7-12. Since these are two different resorts, I am hoping for the 11 month window for each based on a split stay. Is this accurate?

Right ...thanks for straightening me out. I knew I was on a crooked path! It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity 😂

I might not have explained myself very well. I'm still processing the exciting purchases in my brain. I'd like to book Animal Kingdom for 5 nights at the 11 month window. Then on day 6 of my HONEYMOON (YEAH) I'd like to switch to OKW for days 7-12. Since these are two different resorts, I am hoping for the 11 month window for each based on a split stay. Is this accurate?

Yes, the 11 month window is the 11 month window. So, you can book each one 11 months from check in day!

The only problem is being homeless for the day when you check out of one and into the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!