News Round Up 2017

I always thought that common items that get stolen from hotel rooms (robes, towels, bed runners, maybe pillows?) had their cost built into the price of the room to avoid all of this? If a lamp gets broken, then an extra charge happens. But for "little" things, I figured it was just a part of the price.

As Killer Fish notes, theft isn't a huge issue in hotels. As for guests accidentally breaking stuff, we always considered that to be part of "the cost of doing business." I don't recall it being a common occurrence. Everything placed in a hotel room is designed for longevity. You'd have to really be intent on damaging something to really break it.

Saw Cars 3 tonight. They showed a preview of Olaf's whatever it's called saying it's before Coco and then they showed a preview of Coco. I didn't watch the trailer the other day but it is definitely geared towards getting people to go to the theatre just to see the short.

LOU the short before Cars 3 was cute and had a good message. Cars 3 was better than the 2nd but not as good as the first. I wouldn't consider it a kids movie, the first and the second were more kids movies. You could tell some of the younger kids got bored in the movie. It's not as much of a racing movie as the others because there's not as much racing, however I think being a racing fan or at least knowing the history of how Nascar started will help you appreciate parts of the story more. It was funny but there was less Mater so while he doesn't bring all the funny with less of him there is less comedy to it. I teared up once, but I don't think that's going to be hugely common. Do stay until the credits are over. I'll watch it again but probably not until it's on Disney or Freeform.

Saw Cars 3 tonight. They showed a preview of Olaf's whatever it's called saying it's before Coco and then they showed a preview of Coco. I didn't watch the trailer the other day but it is definitely geared towards getting people to go to the theatre just to see the short.

LOU the short before Cars 3 was cute and had a good message. Cars 3 was better than the 2nd but not as good as the first. I wouldn't consider it a kids movie, the first and the second were more kids movies. You could tell some of the younger kids got bored in the movie. It's not as much of a racing movie as the others because there's not as much racing, however I think being a racing fan or at least knowing the history of how Nascar started will help you appreciate parts of the story more. It was funny but there was less Mater so while he doesn't bring all the funny with less of him there is less comedy to it. I teared up once, but I don't think that's going to be hugely common. Do stay until the credits are over. I'll watch it again but probably not until it's on Disney or Freeform.

I don't get the hate that the 2nd one gets. However, we are race car fans, particularly Forumula 1, and British spy movie fans, so it resonated with us. We immediately recognized a bunch of the drivers' voices and got a big kick out of it. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. We loved all of them.

I don't get the hate that the 2nd one gets. However, we are race car fans, particularly Forumula 1, and British spy movie fans, so it resonated with us. We immediately recognized a bunch of the drivers' voices and got a big kick out of it. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. We loved all of them.

I didn't hate the 2nd one, I enjoyed it but I think this one was better and it's probably because of the story. Where the 2nd one had you with the formula 1 etc, this one had me because I could recognize the Nascar tracks even though they had different names and I got the older references.

I didn't hate the 2nd one, I enjoyed it but I think this one was better and it's probably because of the story. Where the 2nd one had you with the formula 1 etc, this one had me because I could recognize the Nascar tracks even though they had different names and I got the older references.

Sounds like we might like this one too. Even though we aren't huge Nascar fans, we are pretty familiar with the drivers and especially the old tracks. A lot of those tracks are used by the American open wheel series or were used by Formula 1 in their past exploits in the US. They are also used by amateur or semi-pro series in the US, which DH participates in. I didn't think you hated the 2nd one; in fact, you said you liked it:) However, many other people have said they hated it. They did throw you a bone with Jeff Gordon in the second one;)

I guess I just wasn't a fan of Mater being the main character. I really believe that sidekicks are sidekicks for a reason and they should stay that way. I saw Cars 2 recently and Mater kind of annoyed me a little bit after a while. Just a personal pet peeve, anyway.

Haven't seen the third one, but it seems like the consensus is ''better than the last one, but still underwhelming.'' I hope Coco is as good as Inside Out. Pixar has been hit or miss lately, at least in my opinion.

We are not into the Cars movies at all. I remember being distinctly underwhelmed at the first one, while also surprised that it seemed to steal from Doc Hollywood so blatantly. But I know loads of kids that love it. Coco is interesting - we love The Book of Life here, so will be interesting to see how they compare.

I wish D23 would live stream some of the events for gold members. Don't know if I'll ever make it to Anaheim for an expo.

I would lbe be that - even if not everything having a few things streamed for gold members would be nice

I am toying with the idea of going to the 2019 one - I assuming will be both exciting and nuts with Star Wars Land opening potentially being around then

News?

According to BlogMickey's twitter, Na'vi River closed yesterday afternoon and remains closed due to technical issues with the Shaman animatronic.

Thought I'd pass on the news in case anyone is currently there.

Thanks for the review/thoughts. If the weather holds we are thinking of seeing it at the drive-in tonight (they are having a double feature with that and then Pirates 5)

News?

According to BlogMickey's twitter, Na'vi River closed yesterday afternoon and remains closed due to technical issues with the Shaman animatronic.

Thought I'd pass on the news in case anyone is currently there.
Yeah there was a photo on twitter of the shaman not moving at all.

News

Flight of Passage is now closed due to guest having a seizure. Family member pulled a fire alarm to alert CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts