News Round Up 2017

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rteetz, Dec 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BigRed98

BigRed98 Professional Disney Fan

I'm only about 2 hours away from Poughkeepsie.

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  2. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

I have no idea. I went to Disney Store and noticed they were sold out there. Sorry.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Pete M

Pete M Earning My Ears

just got back from wdw. a quick review of the new stuff.

Pandora outside/daylight: A+ everywhere I looked were photo ops. :) the mountains are epic, the flora was cool, the fauna was... strangely missing. needs an animal or 2. maybe some banshees waaaaay up on the mountain tops?

pandora outside/nighttime: B was certainly as cool as any other disney park area at night, but it was kinda dark (nothing like the movie). also, needs animals or at least animal sounds. admittedly, both times night trips it was crowded and rainy.

FoP: A++ very awesome! :) enough that we went back on another day and fought crowds to do it again (fp the first time).

NRJ: B could be an A if it was longer and there was more, but we were plenty happy to wait in the 30 minute line the second time (FP the first). it is certainly better than peter pan and that line is always over an hour. the Shaman is absolutely mesmerizing. A+++ for her. :)

rivers of light: B clearly not a match for the MK show, but we really liked it. :) I think it fits the park and was a nice way to end the day.

happily ever after: A+ holy cow that show was more spectacular and visceral than I would have thought! saw it twice. :) bravo disney!

Disney Quest: for something that hasn't changed (in what, 20 years?) we still had a ton of fun. :) sure wish they could figure out how to keep it around. I'd stop by every single trip if it was more along the lines of $20 for 2-3 hours (and it wouldn't hurt to update some of the graphics from 1998 :P ). with magic band technology that should be possible. met a cast member (who was apparently filling in during breaks) on the top floor and then 20 minutes later on the bottom floor. he said he was the evil twin :teeth:

rainbow over the castle: A++ disney really knows how to put on a show :D

[​IMG]

5. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Maybe the sounds were off for you or something. When I was there I found the animal sounds to be amazing. The sounds change as the day goes on and into the night. They really made it feel like animals were out in the background.

6. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

I noticed the sounds, too. On one of the nights we were there the banshees were absolutely shrieking. It sounded like they were swooping above us. The other nights we were there we heard the sounds but not quite as loud.

saskdw and rteetz like this.
  7. Pete M

Pete M Earning My Ears

oh good. :) all I heard could have been a swarm of mutant cricket/cicada hybrids.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    writerguyfl and rteetz like this.
  8. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

Those darn invasive species

rteetz and MissGina5 like this.
  9. DisFanDad

DisFanDad Mouseketeer

Fairly spot on review, I am a bit more critical, only giving NRJ a C and Happily ever after a B+. Good analysis all around.

10. STLstone

STLstone Mouseketeer

That's a double rainbow. OMG.

LSUlakes and MommaBerd like this.
  11. rteetz

12. rteetz

13. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Looks like it is back now - it is before the fun drop and is where they will take your picture (photo from wdwnt.com)

Pirates skull.jpg

14. Madteaparty001

Madteaparty001 DIS Veteran

rteetz likes this.
  15. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

This may be bigger news than Pandora to me. I'm exaggerating but not really

rteetz likes this.
  16. rteetz

My moms too.

17. rteetz

18. rteetz

19. WebmasterJackie

WebmasterJackie Community Manager for The DIS Staff Member

The information we received from Disney specifically said "Guests will enjoy sweet treats, specialty beverages, and prime seating along World Showcase Lagoon" - I don't think they'd say that if seating wasn't going to be offered. :)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...after-dessert-party-at-epcots-world-showcase/

Bay Max and rteetz like this.
  20. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

There was a series of cartoon shorts under the Disney Treasures title. They were packaged in a tin case. I own the complete series. They are only available on eBay or Amazon 3rd party. Some of the versions are quite expensive.

MissGina5 and Tiffany_m15 like this.
  21. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

side comment - I got my medals in the mail for the RunDisney virtual running series and I was pretty impressed by the size and the heft of them ... I was thinking for being a virtual event they would be scaled back a bit but they are pretty high quality