News Round Up 2017

I know it's a Disney property now, but I believe a DISNEY legend should be someone who actually used their creative talents on Disney projects. Not someone who posthumously came under the Disney banner because of a business deal.

This is in no way belittling Kirby's accomplishments with Marvel, but to me, he shouldn't be recognized as a Disney legend.

I know it's a Disney property now, but I believe a DISNEY legend should be someone who actually used their creative talents on Disney projects. Not someone who posthumously came under the Disney banner because of a business deal.

This is in no way belittling Kirby's accomplishments with Marvel, but to me, he shouldn't be recognized as a Disney legend.
I agree to a point. At some point these other divisions are a big part of the company and those working for them are also part of Disney under TWDC umbrella.

These names just to name a few should not be Disney Legends due to being part of acquisitions.

Jack Kirby
Stan Lee
Mark Hamill
Carrie Fisher
Susan Lucci
George Bodenheimer
Dick Clark
Steve Jobs
Billy Crystal
John Goodman
Regis Philbin
Jim Henson
The Golden Girls
Barbara Walters
Frank Gifford

I feel the same way but am just trying to come to terms that a Disney Legend is now "someone who made a significant contribution to something that is now under the Disney umbrella" rather than "Someone who made a significant contribution to Disney"

I guess you can think of it that if there was no Jack Kirby then Disney most likely wouldn't have bought Marvel

I agree to a point. At some point these other divisions are a big part of the company and those working for them are also part of Disney under TWDC umbrella.

These names just to name a few should not be Disney Legends due to being part of acquisitions.

Jack Kirby
Stan Lee
Mark Hamill
Carrie Fisher
Susan Lucci
George Bodenheimer
Dick Clark
Steve Jobs
Billy Crystal
John Goodman
Regis Philbin
Jim Henson
The Golden Girls
Barbara Walters
Frank Gifford

The Golden Girls was produced by the TV wing of Touchstone Films, which Disney created in the 80s to release more mature films without tarnishing their family-friendly image, beginning with "Splash." The Golden Girls were Disney from the get-go, so they should definitely be Disney Legends. I'm not sure what exactly some of the actors here were inducted for specifically, but John Goodman had also appeared in "Princess & the Frog" and "The Emperor's New Groove" at the time of his induction, so he would be there regardless of any acquisition too.

I know it was mentioned as a possibility before but my friend just got a letter about the 2018 dining plan and it says it includes your choice of one alcoholic beverage, such as:
- beer or cider
- wine or sangria
- mixed drink such as gin and tonic or speciality cocktail

And it says it is automatically applied so doesn't seem like an add on or anything

Should note this person is in the U.K. But isn't part of a specific U.K. Deal or anything

Last edited:
2018 rates for WDW are up this morning however there is a note saying booking is down at the moment. I'm glad I booked already for Feb 2018 through a Disney Travel Agent. I would be biting my nails and I don't bite my nails. :stitch:

Last edited:
as long as they keep the Windows on Main St for those that truly contributed to Disney I think it is easier to take .... if there becomes a window for the Oprah Detective Agency or something, I will be more upset

Still wonder why they have Meg crofton a window

Just throwing my 0.02 out here - In some ways I am disappointed in Disney for adding the alcoholic beverages to their dining plan. I am by no means against having a few drinks. But I can see people now ordering alcohol to "get their money's worth" who may not have done so before. And, so many people *don't* drink alcohol. I know that there are "premium" non-alcoholic drinks available now, too. But if I were a non- drinker, I would feel like my price increase was really subsidizing the people who choose alcoholic beverages. Was there some kind of public outcry to add the alcohol beverage option?

For transparency reasons I should say that we never get the dining plan. But if we did, I think this would actually be the deal breaker. OTOH, maybe this will be a deal-MAKER for others.

I know it was mentioned as a possibility before but my friend just got a letter about the 2018 dining plan and it says it includes your choice of one alcoholic beverage, such as:
- beer or cider
- wine or sangria
- mixed drink such as gin and tonic or speciality cocktail

And it says it is automatically applied so doesn't seem like an add on or anything

Should note this person is in the U.K. But isn't part of a specific U.K. Deal or anything

It will be interesting to see the 2018 price tag, now that you get a "free" beer.

Tickets to the final two performances of La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil on 12/31/17 are currently available to Cirque Club members. Tickets open to the general public on Monday, June 26, 2017. If interested, you can join Cirque Club for free.

Cirque Club: https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/cirque-club/home

Ticket information [section; price including tax for ages 10+; price including tax for ages 3-9; notes]:
  • Golden Circle: $179.99; $154.43; 6pm show only
  • Front and Center: $164.01; $140.58; 6pm show only
  • Category 1: $137.39; $117.15; 6pm show only
  • Category 2: $117.15; $100.11; 6pm and 9pm shows
  • Category 3: $111.83; $95.85; 6pm and 9pm shows
  • Category 4: $94.79; $83.07; 6pm and 9pm shows, Limited View

Link to La Nouba website: https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/la-nouba

When I inquired about the last show at the Box Office a few weeks ago, I was told that it would have lots of VIPs. I'm guessing that's why the top 3 categories are not being sold for the 9pm show.

After working at Disney World, I vowed to never again be in the Attractions area on New Year's Eve. But given the historic nature of the last show in a 19-year run and the fact that I'm a huge Cirque fan, I ended up purchasing tickets for the 9pm show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter