News Round Up 2017

One reason I can think of is do all of your shopping during that hour that Main Street stays open. :) That's the only reason right now though.

I think the MK will have it this way until it gets darker earlier. Then they can run the firework show earlier in the evening with a possibility of staying open a little later.
I'm telling you... the 10pm close in Aug, without any staggered departure was ridiculous. Haven't seen anything like it in 20 trips including one at Christmas. Really makes us question the value of owning at BLT and owning so many points. Unless they reverse out of this nonsense. But we have no way of knowing if they will, and our 11mo window for DVC opens in a couple of weeks!

One reason I can think of is do all of your shopping during that hour that Main Street stays open. :) That's the only reason right now though.
Try shopping at 10pm these days... with those trying to cut through the stores to escape...

But we're kinda' far afield from "news"... we've had many accounts of what a mess MK is with their 10pm close... so I'll leave it at that. :)

I'm telling you... the 10pm close in Aug, without any staggered departure was ridiculous. Haven't seen anything like it in 20 trips including one at Christmas. Really makes us question the value of owning at BLT and owning so many points. Unless they reverse out of this nonsense. But we have no way of knowing if they will, and our 11mo window for DVC opens in a couple of weeks!
I understand that. I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what you experienced. My previous comments are based on my experience.

Did you decide to wait for transportation after you exited the MK? For example...If it took you 10-15 minutes to get out of the MK after the fireworks (which is about normal for me if I watch from the hub), it is a 5 minute walk to BLT after exiting the MK. That is why owning at BLT is worth it. Because while it would take you 5 minutes to walk to your resort and maybe another 5 minutes to get up to your room, everyone else is waiting 20-30+ minutes for a bus, boat, or a monorail. Now if you waited for the monorail, I can see why you might be complaining about the exit procedure of the park. I find owning at BLT a great value, because that is the only resort you can walk to on WDW property from a theme park other than the EPCOT area resorts.

"Most" leaving at close is still better that "all" leaving at close. Just is. We're at 20 trips now, and in the summer there were frequently people who stayed past the fireworks and hung around for the 2nd parade.

Let's put it this way: could it HURT to have a reason for some people to wait a bit to stampede?
It also gives those folks a chance to get on the popular attractions during that first parade.

This flew under my radar, but supposedly yesterday was the last performance of the Pixar Play Parade at DCA. It will be moving just across the Esplanade to Disneyland in the near future (which I am not happy about).

I think the MSEP ending took all of the focus away from this.

No idea if it's true or not, but I'm seeing a rumor that Descendants could be replacing the villains in the Not So Scary parade.

You want me to burn the castle to the ground? This is how you get me to burn the castle to the ground.
I have heard that but haven't given much credibility to it.

This flew under my radar, but supposedly yesterday was the last performance of the Pixar Play Parade at DCA. It will be moving just across the Esplanade to Disneyland in the near future (which I am not happy about).

I think the MSEP ending took all of the focus away from this.

I like that PTN is going to DCA, but the Pixar Play Parade is a dissapointing show in terms of Disney parade standards. Hopefully it'll get refreshed with some new floats.

Last edited:
Well this sucks, especially since I vowed to never eat at anything operated by this group again since having the worst service we've ever had in our entire life with them (and mgmt failing miserably at fixing it. Their arrogance was astounding!)
Ditto on this!

No idea if it's true or not, but I'm seeing a rumor that Descendants could be replacing the villains in the Not So Scary parade.

You want me to burn the castle to the ground? This is how you get me to burn the castle to the ground.
My kids might actually want to see a parade if the VKs were in it.

And you overpaid...maybe...too! :banana:

I'll be the canary In the coal mine...it's my thing:

What does closing earlier than they ever have before in vacation time blocks set them up to do?

...buy the way...isn't Halloween this week?

That's a choice they made with the projections. Wishes was a sound and fireworks show that could be experienced almost anywhere in the park. The current one almost needs to be seen from the HUB/Main St. I thought MSEP was okay but my sister loved it when I took her down a few years ago. It's a nice attraction/show, and was certainly a nice way to finish off the day. I don't know that I would watch it every day I were in MK, but certainly more than once a trip. Sadly, now I stream out with the rest of the crew and since it's such a mass of humanity moving, there's really no way/reason for me to linger and shop/get ice cream.

I'm sure the choice was to allow for cheaper operation and less expensive variation/update costs...

To think it's not so is silly...or to be more blunt: incorrect

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter