News Round Up 2017

I'm sure the choice was to allow for cheaper operation and less expensive variation/update costs...

To think it's not so is silly...or to be more blunt: incorrect

Oh totally, and for once not necessarily a bad thing to save money on. My only complaint is that the projections definitely compete with the fireworks, it's hard to know where to look. I think in the future I won't even really worry about seeing them, as that sage Meatloaf once said, 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

A picture says 1000 words...

This one says 1,000,000

That beam is undercover...i do believe. Which means that came loose from sheer mechanical strain

Wow, yes it does look bad. Beyond the actual damaged beam there are the worn/dirty tiles and generally grungy look of the whole platform. Is this the MK station? If so, I thought I saw them recently renovating that area.

Makes you wonder about the recent rumor around Siemens offering a new monorail fleet as part of the (now gone) sponsorship deal. Perhaps Disney knows there is (a lot) more $$ due on the monorail system, and that day of reckoning is fast approaching.

Wow, yes it does look bad. Beyond the actual damaged beam there are the worn/dirty tiles and generally grungy look of the whole platform. Is this the MK station? If so, I thought I saw them recently renovating that area.

Makes you wonder about the recent rumor around Siemens offering a new monorail fleet as part of the (now gone) sponsorship deal. Perhaps Disney knows there is (a lot) more $$ due on the monorail system, and that day of reckoning is fast approaching.

There are many here around these woods that deny this...but that is without any neurons firing...

"I feel like a Disney princess so I will always have my monorail to ride! WMDW!"

...but there is more of a reorganization going on here than most seem to want to admit. New transport systems...major road work around the magic kingdom...lyft partnerships...

Monorails are in a dire position here...and that doesn't mean this week or even this decade...but they will never be reconstructed as they are now and they also won't last for a longterm period. Something is going to have to be done.

Lets stay on topic please :)

Sure...what's the topic?

The monorail thing one? Or is it strictly the product page?

(I'm a pain...I know...but perhaps if you want to maintain an effective stream...we should split off multiple things...most definitely merchandise?)

Sure...what's the topic?

The monorail thing one? Or is it strictly the product page?

(I'm a pain...I know...but perhaps if you want to maintain an effective stream...we should split off multiple things...most definitely merchandise?)
I and others post several news stories, photo updates, etc. a day. Those are the topics. If you can't find discussion in those posted topics don't reply. This thread is not about Christmas decor, Pleasure Island, and River country.

I and others post several news stories, photo updates, etc. a day. Those are the topics. If you can't find discussion in those posted topics don't reply. This thread is not about Christmas decor, Pleasure Island, and River country.

And I'm cool with that...cease and desist.

Can I ask that everytime a picture of merchandise is put up that there aren't 4 responses that say "ohhh...I need that!!"

Because that's not news either. A "new merch thread" would be better, no?

And you overpaid...maybe...too! :banana:

I'll be the canary In the coal mine...it's my thing:

What does closing earlier than they ever have before in vacation time blocks set them up to do?

...buy the way...isn't Halloween this week?
Charge for late hours in the park during busy times. What was that late night "event" called? DAH?

Sad part: we'd pay for that. Lower crowds than keeping the park open to all or even EMH. Maybe skip a tour and do this in MK instead (we did aqua tour & an AK tour this trip).

This day in Disney history: "1947: Disney's Donald Duck cartoon Bootle Beetle is released. Directed by Jack Hannah, a young
beetle attempts to run away from home, but is stopped by a lesson about the dreaded bug collector - Donald Duck!"

I love Donald!

Charge for late hours in the park during busy times. What was that late night "event" called? DAH?

Sad part: we'd pay for that. Lower crowds than keeping the park open to all or even EMH. Maybe skip a tour and do this in MK instead (we did aqua tour & an AK tour this trip).

I'm thinking bigger...

Moving to an entirely 2 part operational calendar. Which is the ability to charge two admission prices nearly everyday and spend almost nothing on additional overhead.

You pay $125 for a park with 10-12 hours of operational costs...including employees staggered over about 16...

Well now you pay $100 for 4 hours at night using nearly the SAME overhead outlays...or a very small percentage of increase.

But you're paying for nothing. The additional hours that were always standard operating procedure when crowds dictated.

They've basically redefined reality to double your ticket cost. You are drinking the sand.

I'm thinking bigger...

Moving to an entirely 2 part operational calendar. Which is the ability to charge two admission prices nearly everyday and spend almost nothing on additional overhead.

You pay $125 for a park with 10-12 hours of operational costs...including employees staggered over about 16...

Well now you pay $100 for 4 hours at night using nearly the SAME overhead outlays...or a very small percentage of increase.
Wonder if that isn't thinking too big... crossing that line from "offering extras" to eating away too much of the "standard" experience. Some think we're already there (I disagree), but I think it is about that balance, and this might be a step too far.

This may be too OT, so I'll leave it there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!