News Round Up 2017

That's why they are charging extra. Loews and Universal have been allowing dogs for a long time now.

Yeah I realize that, but it isn't so much the damage but how long it might take them to clean up.

I think this is really interesting but wondering how it will function - will they all be placed in one part of the hotel? Are these 4 resorts now off limits for people with allergies? How do they handle a dog that is barking while the humans are away?

IIRC Loews has it restricted to certain towers or wings. At Royal Pacific, it's like the lower floors of Tower 1. Not sure where at the others, if at all. I'd imagine the room assigner would probably try to give people with pets the same rooms as much as possible. People should probably request either allergy clean or far from pet area if they are allergic.

At Ft Wilderness it makes sense. The others, not sure. I'm sure it ended up working out (mostly) ok with the pets during Hurricane Irma. But I bet the housekeepers might find some unexpected surprises if Fido is left all day in the room and he isn't trained very well...

Agree...

Dogs are not meant to be in hotel rooms all day for vacationers...the point of vacation for most (95% I'm guessing) is to be out all day someplace unfamiliar DOING something.

If you want to do Fort wilderness...no problem...and they do have onsite kennels.

I love dogs...but they aren't for this type of travel.

Room assignors typically aren't the engineers people think they are...

And high occupancy would complicate it further...

Say they put 20...or even 100 rooms aside for your ADA "anxiety" dog...

Well...at 90-100% annual occupancy, there'll be a "too much/too little" problem on practically every day.

And what about allergies? Many are allergic to dander...that's too big a risk if you ask me.

I get pet friendly motels...I'm even Infavor of them building one...but this is a bad idea for a quick buck.

Agree...

Dogs are not meant to be in hotel rooms all day for vacationers...the point of vacation for most (95% I'm guessing) is to be out all day someplace unfamiliar DOING something.

If you want to do Fort wilderness...no problem...and they do have onsite kennels.

I love dogs...but they aren't for this type of travel.

Yeah agreed, I don't really understand the need but I'm also decidedly not a dog person.

Yeah agreed, I don't really understand the need but I'm also decidedly not a dog person.

The mentality is "they're part of the family"

Dogs have a tremendous emotional value...no doubt...but they aren't humans.

They will never drive, serve in the military, pay taxes or vote. I'm sure I'm right about what they are.

And they are prone to doing things without understanding, namely destroying property and urinating on any surface without hesitation...

This is just biology. Bad idea.

I think this is really interesting but wondering how it will function - will they all be placed in one part of the hotel? Are these 4 resorts now off limits for people with allergies? How do they handle a dog that is barking while the humans are away?
I’d imagine they have this figured out already. I’ve never heard of any issues out of the Loews hotels so I can’t see this being a bad thing really.

The mentality is "they're part of the family"

Dogs have a tremendous emotional value...no doubt...but they aren't humans.

They will never drive, serve in the military, pay taxes or vote. I'm sure I'm right about what they are.

And they are prone to doing things without understanding, namely destroying property and urinating on any surface without hesitation...

This is just biology. Bad idea.

Not sure about that one....

I think everyone is overreacting to the dog thing. They have to thoroughly clean anyway and I am suuure there are stipulations in how you are taking care of your dog on property. Further more it is almost definitely going to be on restricted wings.

I think you don't have any experience in the housekeeping operation...it's not not such a simple thing.

I’d imagine they have this figured out already. I’ve never heard of any issues out of the Loews hotels so I can’t see this being a bad thing really.

funny following this on Facebook as it appears people are split between this being the best idea ever and the worst idea ever

I think everyone is overreacting to the dog thing. They have to thoroughly clean anyway and I am suuure there are stipulations in how you are taking care of your dog on property. Further more it is almost definitely going to be on restricted wings.
I agree I think this isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be. Disney obviously has looked into this and decided to do it. Many other hotels including Loews at Universal allow pets.

Room cleanliness has dropped drastically lately. Dealing with a room smelling of dog pee would not make me happy. Plus some dogs just bark all the time and some owners either don’t care or ignore it. Not saying all dogs or owners are like that, but enough are that I don’t believe this should be happening.

I think that’s part of the cost too. The $50 per night is going towards cleaning costs.

not sure if they will do this as well but I know sometimes you bring dogs somewhere there is a deposit on top of the fee and depending on the level of damage they will keep some or all of the deposit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!