News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not completely sure that's all that innovative either, but maybe tilt in multiple directions or something.

Maybe if each individual car can tilt in different directions at the same time. But over at Universal, with Escape from Gringott's, their ride vehicles do spin around and stop and point you to where they want you to look. Granted, Gringott's is a start/stop type of roller coaster-ish hybrid.

Maybe if each individual car can tilt in different directions at the same time. But over at Universal, with Escape from Gringott's, their ride vehicles do spin around and stop and point you to where they want you to look. Granted, Gringott's is a start/stop type of roller coaster-ish hybrid.

Yeah - that's why I was thinking it doesn't seem that new since Gringott's does it. I would also think a coaster can't have people spinning while it's going down the track at any speed, it would make everyone sick.

It’s likely this vehicle will be similar to gringotts in ways.

I'm afraid I thought like @rteetz. "No time to fix up imagination, we have a new line of hats to design."

I guess I'm thinking it's just Imagineering sitting in on merch meetings pitching their ideas. But yeah, maybe...just seems like a weird time to pull Imagineering into something else if all it's going to do is take their time away from other projects, what with the 50th coming up and all the things planned for the other parks.

I didn’t get an appetizer or dessert. Got the Edison burger. It was quite good. Took a little long to get my food but overall a good experience.
We had the Eclectri-fries, which I thought were a good sized portion and delicious, and the calimari, which I didn't eat but the others said were good. Plan to go back to try an entree at some point.

I much prefer dinner to lunch at Be Our Guest. The dinner is more formal and not as crazy as lunch is.
We've only done breakfast and lunch. We liked both, but we will try dinner right before it switches over in the end of July. I never thought it was super hectic, but then I always just thought of it in terms of CS.

Frank Oz ... Disney doesn't 'get' the Muppets brand:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/frank-oz-disney-doesnt-really-understand-the-muppets-brand

Not a whole lot of meat in the article but I do think Disney doesn't have any idea how to market the Muppets. It's an incredible IP to expand, but I'm not holding my breath unless they bring back another variety show

I do agree they've been struggling. Though I do have to say this - the "Great moments in history" show at MK is EXACTLY what the muppets should be doing and it hits the Muppet nail on the Muppet head.

I am hoping that the announced show on the Disney streaming service will be a good opportunity for the brand. Muppets will always be a bit niche since they aren't really aimed at kids, but they are puppets so people think they should be. I also hope they go back to a variety show format with guests and such. The recent show was at it's best when it did that stuff, not when it was trying to be "The Office".

Frank Oz ... Disney doesn't 'get' the Muppets brand:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/frank-oz-disney-doesnt-really-understand-the-muppets-brand

Not a whole lot of meat in the article but I do think Disney doesn't have any idea how to market the Muppets. It's an incredible IP to expand, but I'm not holding my breath unless they bring back another variety show
Totally agree with this. They just don't know who to market to, kids or adults. And when they do market to adults they can't seem to find the right "adult balance. Muppets are a favorite in my house and we own all the old original episodes, which were clearly very adult oriented. I loved The Muppets movie from a few years back but they haven't quite found their niche yet within Disney.

News

Disneyland Paris President Catherine Powell to head Western Parks and Resorts

https://twitter.com/statuses/976714578380894208
Having emailed both DLP and WDW over Health & Safety concerns/Improvements, only DLP replied, even if it was a simple thanks, we'll consider it, and it was through Catherine Powell. Hopefully, it will reconnect the heads at WDW with the regular day guest who just want to provide feedback :)
They definitely are higher than normal vehicles. I wonder if the vehicles itself moves at all.
It reminds me of the Escape from Gringotts vehicle, rotate to see certain scenes but each row was at slightly different heights so all could see the scenes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter