News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the CC ding package we did and still had a pretty crappy view (also a disappointing meal). But obviously I have limited experience so maybe just bad lick
No you are right. Before I went to DCL to see the show I determined that the dinner package deals gave you lousy setting. Equivalent to the Fantasmic seating with the dinner options. For WoC I use seating in the loosest sense.

The WoC dessert party is fantastic. Highly recommend it over the dinner packages. Actual seats at actual tables with desserts served to you. Well worth it!

Couldn't agree more. I have seen WoC two different times. Both were with the Dessert Party. My primary reason was that you really do not have to camp out waiting for either the FP area or the reserved Dining area just to end up standing longer. Yes, you may be a little further back with the dessert party. But you get a complete view of the entire area and you really do not have anyone standing right in front of you.

For anyone keeping track of Universal's third theme park expansion, there was a county meeting last night about the Kirkman road extension to the south (From Sand lake Rd) which did wind up being approved. There's na animated mock up of the new road up o on the Orlando Sentinel at https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...ad-extension-big-projects-20181218-story.html

IT shifs east of Lockheed martin and heads south, with a dedicated bus lanes in the median and a road labeled as a resort road and another as the Universal park entrance. Road design is expected to be finished next fall and construction should begin in the summer of 2020. (Rumor suggests the internal target for the new park is late 2021, although it may very well likely go into 2022 depending on how constructions goes, the construction going on currently is a mass land grading project with endless streams of dumptrucks)

Last edited:
I'm sure if a SW trailer is released it'll be very minimal.

Close up shot of lightsaber.

Shot of the falcon flying.

Close up of Finn's face.

Cue thunderous applause.

I have only seen it once and was a bit disappointed by it (maybe built up expectations too much). And the viewing my area is a disaster (we had a dining package, got there 45 mins early and still could barely see we were behind so many people). And getting out of the area after it’s over is even a worse experience

Disneyland night shows are sadly way too dependent on how good a viewing spot you can find.

Everyone swears by Disneyland's fantasmic over Disney world. I guess it's nice, if I can actually see it. And the only way I can actually see is if I buy a dining package.

I've argued in the past that Disneyland just needs to build a show amphitheater somewhere and house the nighttime shows there. Solves alot of problems, especially visibility and crowding in DL.

We found WoC viewing to be pretty poor as well. What we could see looked cool though.

I found it to be the worst nighttime display so maybe Disney is just helping folks out?
Pretty sure this was a joke. But just in case, I think this is Disney's best nighttime display. Yes, people are different.

I find the whole love/hate relationship between Disney and their AP holders (particularly at Disneyland) to be pretty interesting. Obviously many, many of them are just the biggest Disney fans - but does seem like others take it too far and feel super entitled by it and you see those stories of basically gang fights among pass holders ... and then knowing Disney wants to create as much room for new fans to come for Galaxy's Edge (e.g., the ones who are going to drop serious $ on their trips) and you can kinda see where they are coming from

Everyone swears by Disneyland's fantasmic over Disney world. I guess it's nice, if I can actually see it. And the only way I can actually see is if I buy a dining package.

I think the actual show is better at Disneyland, but I prefer the WDW version due to the actual theater seating

If they put the Disneyland version of the show in the DHS theater that would be the best

News

Aladdin: First Look At Guy Ritchie's Live-Action Remake of Disney Classic!

This article from Entertainment Weekly has a picture of Will Smith as the Genie and the actors playing Aladdin and Jasmine in their costumes. Also, a nice small video of them in different areas of the sets.

I am interested in this movie but I really think it is going to come down to how Smith does as the Genie ... coming after Robin Williams and then James Monroe Inglehart in the Broadway version, just so much hinges on that performance and if it can live up to those two

First image has me a bit worried as it looks like Will Smith in a Halloween costume, but maybe in the actual movie it will come off more authentic

I am interested in this movie but I really think it is going to come down to how Smith does as the Genie ... coming after Robin Williams and then James Monroe Inglehart in the Broadway version, just so much hinges on that performance and if it can live up to those two

First image has me a bit worried as it looks like Will Smith in a Halloween costume, but maybe in the actual movie it will come off more authentic
I do agree about the costumes.

As someone who saw James Monroe Inglehart perform and loves Robin Williams role of the Genie, Will Smith has a ton of shoes to fill.

I do agree about the costumes.

As someone who saw James Monroe Inglehart perform and loves Robin Williams role of the Genie, Will Smith has a ton of shoes to fill.

yeah, we saw Aladdin on Broadway during the preview period and while I thought a few of the actors needed to grow into the roles a bit (which I understood they did over time) Ingelhart already owned the role - and as a live actor that is probably who I will compare Will Smith to more than just Robin Williams "voice" so will be interesting to see. I do think Will Smith will have to go in a bit of a different direction, he can't just try to do his version of what Ingelhart did

I find the whole love/hate relationship between Disney and their AP holders (particularly at Disneyland) to be pretty interesting. Obviously many, many of them are just the biggest Disney fans - but does seem like others take it too far and feel super entitled by it and you see those stories of basically gang fights among pass holders ... and then knowing Disney wants to create as much room for new fans to come for Galaxy's Edge (e.g., the ones who are going to drop serious $ on their trips) and you can kinda see where they are coming from
Yeah Disney I think is trying to find a good balance for the APs in DLR. I’m not sure what that balance is though.

Yeah Disney I think is trying to find a good balance for the APs in DLR. I’m not sure what that balance is though.

Yeah, obviously they have been increasing the prices a lot lately, but I think that does more to be a hardship on the real fans than it does to be a burden to like the ebay resellers (who will just pass along the increase to their resales)

I know some might not like it but best bet might be to black out all AP holders from Galaxy's Edge until like September or something so people who want to go just for that can pay for it but then all AP holders can get to it, just not right away (unless they want to pay extra for it)

I've only seen WoC once and it was from the front row without a dinning package and a great view. It was also during the 60th celebration so it wasn't the original show but I still thought it was great. We did have to get in line about an hour before they would let anyone in and I don't think it's worth going through that more than once, but I'm glad we did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter