News Round Up 2020

Is that a difference? That seems to be the same language they use now - that you need a "package," and that there are work-around if you want a dining plan but buy tickets elsewhere.

Yeah, guess I should have said "potential differences" and maybe for this you have to buy park tickets to get it (so a "full" package) but then the pricing for it will seem like a better deal. Thinking sort of like how for free dining you have to get a minimum level of ticket

Guess we shall see!

Technically when you have dining and room that’s considered a package with or without tickets.

Am I wrong in thinking it sounds like + would allow you to do 2 character meals a day from that wording? Seems like that would be the obvious way to get the moneys worth.

On another thread it was pointed out that it specified QS, TS, and character meals, but NOT dinner shows and signature meals. That would be interesting... I'm wondering if it includes desserts at QS and appetizers like DxDDP? And if it can be purchased as a DVC add-on like the other plans? Still in need of more info!
That's where it opens questions for me. Most speculation is that price will be closer to the Deluxe plan... but honestly this sounds like even less stuff than the middle plan? Yes, flexibility, but if there's no show dinners or signatures, no included dessert, and potentially no alcohol, why would they price this above the middle tier which does include things?
Honestly like someone said it looks like a more flexible version ofQS, but "light version" of the middle service for families who require flexibility but not extras or fancy dining options.
Also seen this link shared elsewhere and Disney TA's saying they're not even sure they believe it because THEY haven't been given any info from Disney about it.
Which, imo, seems crazy for a promotion that starts in less than a week??

Has anyone else noticed an extreme day of fastpass scarcity lately? Looking at AK this morning at 10 am and its tough to be a bug is the only thing consistently showing up. It didn’t used to get that way until 3-5 hours before closing not too long ago. I know it’s supposedly been a busy winter, but the parks don’t SEEM that busy. The lines are just a little long and FP are much harder to come by refreshing.

Last edited:
Am I wrong in thinking it sounds like + would allow you to do 2 character meals a day from that wording? Seems like that would be the obvious way to get the moneys worth.
Looks like it. Obviously not all the details are out yet.

And would it include all character meals, including Cinderella's Royal Table?

Has anyone else noticed an extreme day of fastpass scarcity lately? Looking at AK this morning at 10 am and its tough to be a bug is the only thing consistently showing up. It didn’t used to get that way until 3-5 hours before closing not too long ago. I know it’s supposedly been a busy winter, but the parks don’t SEEM that busy. The lines are just a little long and FP are much harder to come by refreshing.
This is one of the busiest times of the year. Not surprised that all the FP are gone already.

That's where it opens questions for me. Most speculation is that price will be closer to the Deluxe plan... but honestly this sounds like even less stuff than the middle plan? Yes, flexibility, but if there's no show dinners or signatures, no included dessert, and potentially no alcohol, why would they price this above the middle tier which does include things?
Honestly like someone said it looks like a more flexible version ofQS, but "light version" of the middle service for families who require flexibility but not extras or fancy dining options.
Also seen this link shared elsewhere and Disney TA's saying they're not even sure they believe it because THEY haven't been given any info from Disney about it.
Which, imo, seems crazy for a promotion that starts in less than a week??
One of the articles said it did include alcohol. I didn't see a "no dessert" for TS- right now there is none for QS on the DDP. I agree if OTPN and Blog Mickey are reporting it, TAs should be at least aware of it- especially starting so soon!

One of the articles said it did include alcohol. I didn't see a "no dessert" for TS- right now there is none for QS on the DDP. I agree if OTPN and Blog Mickey are reporting it, TAs should be at least aware of it- especially starting so soon!
Right I didn't see anything saying "no dessert".... but I didn't see any inclusion of it either. And same thing, one says alcohol, others make no mention of it. Just general confusion all around. Plus lots of discussion of will it include apps? We will see.

I got FOP twice yesterday, for a group of 3, but still. Also saw every other ride multiple times throughout the day.

My son and I were there all week. Fast passes were scarce at times, but with a lot of refreshing we managed to pull A TON of 4th, 5th and 6th DECENT FPs. Granted, it was much easier with a party of two rather than our usual four. It was better this week than 2019 4th of July week. I wondered if it had anything to do with people dropping them due to ROTR boarding group returns??

As far as the parks being busy, yes, wait times were pretty crazy, but we found a lot of areas were tolerable crowd-wise comparative to our other trips. (Or...we are just getting better at avoiding the wrong areas at the wrong times! :cool2: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter