News Round Up 2020

Seeing that all parks aren't open yet when DHS opens, there is probably plenty of buses available for dispatch at that time.
Of course folks have noticed the skyliner running but not loading passengers, so i don't know if it saves labor/power or not.
Maybe they don't want to overload the dhs entrance due to the skyliners consistent movement of people?????

The Skyliner is running as part of testing that needs to be filled me every day

Now I’m wondering how much this might mess with the launch of Nintendo for Universal, which is months from opening. If Disney closes, I imagine Universal will as well, and how much would the construction get affected.
Yeah this is going to get very interesting from a business perspective.

What happens if at some point someone who test positive has been at Disneyland or WDW. Even if nobody else was infected by that person you know what all the headlines would be.
It’s an interesting subject but at the same time they aren’t shutting down every business or airport or whatever else that someone has been to with it.

It’s an interesting subject but at the same time they aren’t shutting down every business or airport or whatever else that someone has been to with it.
My thinking was more just that it would be a huge story and every headline would be infected person visits Disney World. It could create a panic and people canceling trips.

I think it would be similar to the Zika threat; there would be potential hot spots that are definitely impacted, but to what extent and what the CDC would recommend, who knows. I'm scheduled to go in a couple of weeks and am planning on just treating it like the flu outbreak that is already going on; with normal precautions unless it gets really intense really fast.

Any rumors on what "summer" means yet for Ratatouille ride and this area opening? Taking a quick June trip and curious if this may be open by then. I didn't notice anything in the projects thread aside from summer 2020 so just curious!

I would be willing to bet a Mickey bar that we will be told the RAT opening date during the media event for MMRR.

That is an interesting discussion topic. They do have buses running to get you there. I’ve not quite understood why the Skyliner doesn’t open at 7AM for an 8AM park opening.
I’d be willing to bet they don’t trust Skyliners not going down. With guests stranded prior to DHS opening. And unable to get Boarding Passes for RoR. So they delay opening until after 8:00.

NEWS

The Star Wars Project Luminous info dropped last night ... and as many speculated it's based around a publishing initiative called Star Wars: The High Republic

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic
... set in an era when the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order are at their zenith, about 200 years before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. This period on the Star Wars timeline will not overlap any of the filmed features or series currently planned for production, giving creators and partners a vast amount of room to tell Star Wars stories with new adventures and original characters.

I'm most looking forward to the 'High Republic: Light of the Jedi' novel by Charles Soule

NEWS

The Star Wars Project Luminous info dropped last night ... and as many speculated it's based around a publishing initiative called Star Wars: The High Republic

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic
... set in an era when the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order are at their zenith, about 200 years before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. This period on the Star Wars timeline will not overlap any of the filmed features or series currently planned for production, giving creators and partners a vast amount of room to tell Star Wars stories with new adventures and original characters.

I'm most looking forward to the 'High Republic: Light of the Jedi' novel by Charles Soule

I’ve been hoping to see more jedi in action. I hope they have stories about younglings training (and written at a young adult/adult reading level) before they become a Padawan- I’ve always been interested in that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter