Nexus for Children

Mikamarii

Mouseketeer
We decided to apply for Nexus and give it a shot. For 50 bucks we figured if we don't like it we just won't renew.

Anyway, It says kids under 18 are free but need an application. I can't find anywhere on the site where I can apply for my children. Mine are 5 and 7. They don't have email addresses nor do I want to create one for them at this age. Am I missing something? Or do I need to create a separate account for them?

I have a bunch of email accounts so I can use one per kid for the application, seeing as I'm gonna handle it anyway.

I've seen mention that there's a trick that allows you to use the same email address by adding a . in the email address, but I can't verify as I've not tried it.

We decided to apply for Nexus and give it a shot. For 50 bucks we figured if we don't like it we just won't renew.

Anyway, It says kids under 18 are free but need an application. I can't find anywhere on the site where I can apply for my children. Mine are 5 and 7. They don't have email addresses nor do I want to create one for them at this age. Am I missing something? Or do I need to create a separate account for them?
You need a separate account for each application, regardless of age. You can use the same phone number for multiple accounts, but email addresses have to be unique. As was mentioned, there is a trick with Gmail that allows separate emails to be sent to one account if you really need to have that. I just created email addresses for all my kids. Not really a big deal.

I created a gmail address for each of my kids when they were babies (they just don't know it yet) and set-up the account to forward all the e-mails they receive to my gmail. That is what I used for my kids Nexus card applications.

As others have already answered your question, I won't repeat it, but will just comment that this won't happen. You will wonder how you ever lived without NEXUS before.

Best $50 I ever spent. We've renewed once and will continue to do so. Given that you can also use it in some airports to fly domestic for shorter security lines, it's well worth the money. I've probably used it as much for that as for crossing the border. You're even able to use it for some return overseas flights (used it upon our return from Italy 2 years ago).

We got our applications in today! Apparently my wife had already had an email for my son so I just created one for my daughter. now the waiting game.

My DH and I high-five each other every time we cross the bridge when there's a long lane and we sail right past it! This happens quite frequently (we cross the border a lot). There's zero reason to regret having Nexus!

For anyone wondering with the emails, it is a gmail thing in that gmail recognizes all of these as the same address:

Yourname@gmail
Your.name
You.rname
Y.ourname

And so forth.

Nexus is amazing and I can’t imagine ever giving it up. I use it domestically as well to shorten airport security lines. Make sure when you check in for flights you add your number as a known traveller number so you can use that TSA precheck line in the US airports.

Maybe the only thing I don’t like is that with 5 of us I now have 5 different passport expiry dates and 5 different Nexus expiry dates to keep track of. Even if you apply for nexus all at once, the expiry date is based on birthdays. Sigh.

Another option for gmail is parents email+child’s name@gmail.com. It is seen as a different email address by Nexus but it just goes to the parents email! This is what we did when they started requiring a separate email for kids (they didn’t when we first signed our kids up).

If they are in older grades or use Google classroom, they already have a email address through their school. You could use that as well

If they are in older grades or use Google classroom, they already have a email address through their school. You could use that as well
I can’t speak for all boards, but ours you cannot do this if Border Services will be sending email to it (my DH did all the legwork for our Nexus, so not sure if they contact each email address provided for minors) - the system bounces any email address sending mail that is not specific to that board.

I work in a different board than DD attends, and cannot even send mail from my teacher acct to her student acct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter