Nickhotel Review

fakereadhed

The Tag Fairy has me on "ignore"!
Just a bit of background-we stayed one night, as an add on after our stay at Pop Century. It was a free night for us, as DH has saved a zillion priority club points traveling for work. We had a Two-bedroom KidSuite. It was me, DH, DDs 12 and 13, and DS2.

Good proximity to WDW, very easy to find. The staff was super friendly.

We had a Spongebob theme, and I was happy to find that the only really garish room was for the girls, and it had twin beds. The adult room had a nice closet area with mirrored doors, and looked relaxing. I say "looked" because that was hands down THE most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. That's saying something, because we had just left Pop. ;) The girls said the twin beds were worse than sleeping on the floor. I asked for a crib, and it fit nicely in the adult room near the foot of the bed.

The suite looked great and inviting, but if you looked closely it was really filthy. There were greasy black fingerprints on all of the doors, the chair in the family area had black spots on the arms. The carpet had chunks of leftover snacks from someone else's stay. The bathroom fan wasn't working, and there were holes in the carpet in the family area.

We were in a room overlooking the main pool area. Surprisingly, it was fairly quiet with the door shut. The pool area itself was a bit disappointing for the kids. They spent about an hour there and got bored. They had stayed at Great Wolf Lodge and it didn't compare for them.

Overall, it was just OK. If we had paid full price, I would have been more disappointed. For one night it was fine(if you don't value a comfy bed) but I wouldn't stay again.

Interesting, we have never encountered these problems in our stays there, we love it. Other than the pillows being a little squishy, the beds have not been an issue. The colors are loud but it is afterall, Nickelodeon based. If your room was dirty you should have alerted the front desk and they would have sent somebody up to fix the issue as well as the bathroom fan. We have never had a problem with the housekeeping. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. We can't wait to go back!

I am going this January :) We used to go to the hotel before it was a "Nick Hotel" and get rooms for $80 a night. This time we are going for my birthday and got a good deal with 1 night free. We go for the water slides and stuff. My kids love the hotel ! So does dh.

The staff is always so nice and we know some of them from the old days. They always go out of there way to make us feel at home. I agree it is pretty pricey and If we did not get this deal we would not have gone. I love the suites and we usually gut the one with bunk beds.

I have not been in over a year and so I will keeop an eye out for issues and report them as well

The colors are loud but it is afterall, Nickelodeon based. If your room was dirty you should have alerted the front desk and they would have sent somebody up to fix the issue as well as the bathroom fan. We have never had a problem with the housekeeping. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay.

Just to clarify:

We didn't mind the colors- I expected the whole thing to be over the top, but the adult areas were very relaxing compared to what I had heard about the place...we thought it looked great!

As far as having them fix the fan and all, we only stayed for one night so we didn't have time to address those issues.

We enjoyed our stay overall, but I felt that for over $250 there are better places to stay in the area.

We were just there from 12/22-12/25 and got a good rate of $169 for the first two nights and the third night FREE! We loved it. Our room was clean, and the staff were just as friendly as Disney CMs. In fact, DS11 said the hotel reminded him of Pop Century. There was a small hole in the carpet in the living room area, but I read on these boards that that was from the old entertainment center which was removed as they now have flat screen TVs.

Just wondering what you mean by gut the the room? We are going to be there for seven nights on the 27th, can't wait!!!

Well, before it was the "Nick Hotel", my sister, mom, dad, and myself stayed there. That hotel has always been nice and has always been a really good site so close to Disney. I'll have to check it out again.

We're at the Nick Hotel right now (since last Friday) and my son has had a GREAT time! Except for one day, the housekeeping has been great...on the 'off' day, they made the beds and gave us new towels, but they didn't clean up the kitchenette area or give us more cups/coffee. They've even vaccuumed every day which was a nice surprise.

The food is ok...the buffet isn't that great and it's high, but it's convenient. The Subway and Pizza Hut Express is more expensive than normal (6" ham sub is a little under $5, a personal pan pizza is the same), but you're paying for convenience. The pool bar makes excellent, though not cheap, daqueri's as well. :drinking1

Hard to believe you could get bored at those pools.

I am glad to hear some of these good reviews. My kids really want to stay there. The two sets of friends of ours that have stayed there were not happy. They complained about the room and the food. They loved the pools. Their complaints have made us reluctant to stay there.

Hard to believe you could get bored at those pools.

I am glad to hear some of these good reviews. My kids really want to stay there. The two sets of friends of ours that have stayed there were not happy. They complained about the room and the food. They loved the pools. Their complaints have made us reluctant to stay there.

I agree, I don't think you could get bored...my son didn't, he wanted to stay longer.

The suite we had was fine...the rooms would be tight if you had a lot of people and there's very little in terms of closet space. I thought they were, overall, very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there again, though not for as long as a week like we stayed this time. I know my son loved it but for me is was like being trapped in a Chuck E Cheese the size of a Super Walmart. :scared1: But like I said in an earlier post, the pool bar makes some very nice frozen drinks :thumbsup2

The food...I can understand their complaint...it's overpriced and the buffet isn't that great. And there's nothing within walking distance, so if you don't have a car you're kinda stuck. But if you have a car, you can drive a mile in one direction and there's a bunch of restaurants including a Ponderosa with buffets all day long that are probably 1/2 the price of the Nick buffet. 1 1/2 in the other direction and there's a steakhouse, another Ponderosa, Cracker Barrell, Uno's, etc. There's also a Super Walmart about 1 1/2 miles away where you could stock up on snacks and food (like deli stuff for sandwiches.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter