NJ Week 2018

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
Does anyone remember at the 7 month mark how was availability for this week(11/7-11/11)?

Our vacation began 11/3 and went for 8 nights. Availability was a bit weird, because it was impacted by CCV opening up. I switched the day they opened up CCV bookings for people who did not own CCV and it became available online and by phone at the same time (no 1 hour difference). I switched our 1-bedroom BRV to a 1-bedroom CCV online as that worked for me before I could get through by phone. Both online and phone systems were overwhelmed with everyone trying to book CCV.

I can also tell you that within the first hour all CCV 1-bedrooms for my timeframe were gone AND someone had already snatched up the BRV room I released as well.

It is but when you grandchildren go to school in NJ......................
Very difficult when you want to travel with kids and grandparents, it is certainly difficult, but so difficult to make reservations. Becoming so difficult to make reservations in non home resorts at 7 months though unfortunately, Jersey Week and Food and Wine to name two times of year. :eek::scared1:

11 month reservation for October through early December. I even do 11 months for September now with F&W starting earlier. I actually just got shut out for May 2019 at the 11 month window for Bwv standard studio. First time ever, so am waitlisted for one night in the middle. Yep, gets harder each year.

This is why we bought a Jersey Week guaranteed week at Poly.

Sure. The first 2 weeks of Dec are more popular. Now. But we gambled that over time, with:

1. Jersey Week
2. F&W
3. Half Marathon
4. MNSSHP some years.
5. MVMCP some years
6. Rarely both MNSSHP and MVMCP in same week
7. Weather niche - that 5 minutes a year when the weather is usually decent.
8. Christmas theming most years

We figured making a bet on Jersey Week for a 50 year contract was probably a decent bet.

My siblings oftentimes go during jersey week. They said the airfares are often $500+pp.

We booked std at BLT. They were pretty much gone the first few days, if not the first day, at the 11mo mark. I believe the lake views were available for at least another month. My sibling ended up with lake and booked at the 9/10 mo mark.

Certain categories are always hard to get— and they are harder during high DVC demand times like jersey week.

STD view BLT studios went right at 8 am for veteran’s day weekend this year. I was busy getting my son ready for school and forgot to get online right at 8 am. I went on at 8:30 and standard was already gone for the Thursday night of Jersey week. I had to book a lake view and waitlist. My waitlist did come through a few weeks later but it is a busy week for sure. We went this same long weekend last year and when I tried to book it at about 9 months I had to waitlist Thursday night for lake view at BLT too. It did wind up coming through but my point is that it is an extremely popular week to travel DVC. I would not expect to have a lot of options at 7 months and would plan to book my home resort and/or waitlist. The only thing you may have going for you would be if Riviera opens next year (I think it is supposed to). When Poly first opened it was easier to book and you could often snag a room if you were on right at 8 am 7 months out. Also the day Poly opened for bookings a lot of people moved their bookings over and that freed up rooms at other resorts that had been booked solid. I was able to snag a BLT studio less than 3 months out that day.

STD view BLT studios went right at 8 am for veteran’s day weekend this year. I was busy getting my son ready for school and forgot to get online right at 8 am. I went on at 8:30 and standard was already gone for the Thursday night of Jersey week. I had to book a lake view and waitlist. My waitlist did come through a few weeks later but it is a busy week for sure. We went this same long weekend last year and when I tried to book it at about 9 months I had to waitlist Thursday night for lake view at BLT too. It did wind up coming through but my point is that it is an extremely popular week to travel DVC. I would not expect to have a lot of options at 7 months and would plan to book my home resort and/or waitlist. The only thing you may have going for you would be if Riviera opens next year (I think it is supposed to). When Poly first opened it was easier to book and you could often snag a room if you were on right at 8 am 7 months out. Also the day Poly opened for bookings a lot of people moved their bookings over and that freed up rooms at other resorts that had been booked solid. I was able to snag a BLT studio less than 3 months out that day.
Very true about the Poly. When it first opened, was able to get a room at 7 months, that was the first time we stayed at Poly. :goodvibes

Does anyone remember at the 7 month mark how was availability for this week(11/7-11/11)?

I was only trying to get the 7th-9th of that time frame but it was pretty bad. Next to no studios - ie, maybe SSR has some. 1BR's about the same - maybe SSR. 2BR's not much better.

Was thinking of going with eldest DS and soon to be wife who is a guidance counselor. 7 months availability of our choices was nonexistent. Perhaps another time, hoping!:banana:
Decided instead to do an extended weekend trip to Universal in mid December to experience holiday decorations and KONG(can't wait!). :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter