No 7 or 14 day tickets allowed for the 50th..

So i wonder when they will tell people what's going on with bookings after September next year? I'm expecting it will pay up for tix if the dates before then have been asked to pay up.

Plus if you have already put a deposit down for a holiday are they honouring the free magicbands?

I don`t think so. I think If you have package ( I mean room + ticket ) bookings your payment schedule won`t change. I think.

I think only doing this with tickets (7,14,21) in case you want to use them after 26/09/21 because they will discontinue the UK 7,14 days tickets for the 50th anniversary period (from 26/09/21 till ??? )

I guess they will come up with a more expensive ticket version or they make us buy the US tickets.

BUT! since some UK 14,21,7 tickets for 2021 were already sold with the T&C that they are valid between 01/01/21 and 31/12/21 probably they can`t (?) make the change on those ticket to limit the validity period.

So the lucky ones who already paid in full are good.
The lucky ones who paid the deposit down have the chance to pay full until 24/08/20 and they can have the "old" validity period.

The ones who decide to buy 7,14 Ultimate ticket after 11:59pm on 21/06/21 for 2021 from floridatix the validity period will be 01/01/21 - 25 (?)26/09/21

That is my understanding.

So what happens if you go on 25th September with a 14 day ticket?

Are we talking about 2020 or 2021 ?

2021:

I only can guess....

I think If it`s a package holiday you should be good.

If you have 14 day ticket which is already paid I think you are good.

If you just paid deposit for your 14 day ticket purchased from floridatix you should pay full by 24/08/20 and you should be good.

You are good to go If US let us in

I don`t think so. I think If you have package ( I mean room + ticket ) bookings your payment schedule won`t change. I think.

I think only doing this with tickets (7,14,21) in case you want to use them after 26/09/21 because they will discontinue the UK 7,14 days tickets for the 50th anniversary period (from 26/09/21 till ??? )

I guess they will come up with a more expensive ticket version or they make us buy the US tickets.

BUT! since some UK 14,21,7 tickets for 2021 were already sold with the T&C that they are valid between 01/01/21 and 31/12/21 probably they can`t (?) make the change on those ticket to limit the validity period.

So the lucky ones who already paid in full are good.
The lucky ones who paid the deposit down have the chance to pay full until 24/08/20 and they can have the "old" validity period.

The ones who decide to buy 7,14 Ultimate ticket after 11:59pm on 21/06/21 for 2021 from floridatix the validity period will be 01/01/21 - 25 (?)26/09/21

That is my understanding.

Nope. Clear as mud (sorry!) I just hope my december 2021 ultimate ticket will be valid even though I've only paid a deposit. I've seen nothing on ever afters FB page about having to pay up for tickets yet so I guess we will see. Considering its the ultimate ticket is a uk only thing, its booked so far in advance they won't cancel or they are still valid.

Nope. Clear as mud (sorry!) I just hope my december 2021 ultimate ticket will be valid even though I've only paid a deposit. I've seen nothing on ever afters FB page about having to pay up for tickets yet so I guess we will see. Considering its the ultimate ticket is a uk only thing, its booked so far in advance they won't cancel or they are still valid.

I think it depends who you purchased the ticket from?

I wanted to buy from Disney directly from UK Disney website but they stopped selling those.

I found out floridatix still have some on stock and they are allowed to sell until 11:59 pm 21/06/20.

When I called them at 1pm yesterday they couldn`t confirm yet that when is the payment due so Disney will honour the validity period being until 12/31/21. They said there is a rumour that it must be paid until August 2020 but it hasn`t been confirmed yet.

Yesterday at 17:35 I received the email from Disney UK that the new park reservation system will go live 22/06 and I can reserve my days because I already have ticket+room (this email regarding my 2020 holiday package) BUT in case I`d only have ticket ( no room) I can reserve my days from the 28/06.

At 18:58 I received the email from floridatix regarding my 14 day UK ultimate ticket for 2021.
I posted that email.

I think a lot happened between 1pm and 18:18 yesterday.

If I were you I`d contact my TA to confirm when is your payment due. I can only tell you what`s the deal with Floridatix.

This is all giving me a headache now 🤯

We have booked directly with Disney for 23rd Sep - 7th October with the QSDP and 14 day ultimate ticket. Booked in May, paid 100 deposit with balance due next July.

I expect an email at some point telling me the dining plan has been removed - disappointing because it's convenient but no big deal as long as our balance is adjusted. I really hope they'll honour our tickets though.

If we get something through to say our booking is adjusted to room only with no dining and no tickets either this could be the deal breaker.

The whole reason for our trip next year is to be there for the 50th (we were there for 40th and always said we'd do the 50th as well). If there's a chance we won't have access to the parks or the cost keeps going up and up we might need to give up on this particular dream.

That's my rant over - I need to go decide which park I want to make a reservation for 15 months in advance 😂

So i wonder when they will tell people what's going on with bookings after September next year? I'm expecting it will pay up for tix if the dates before then have been asked to pay up.

Plus if you have already put a deposit down for a holiday are they honouring the free magicbands?
Really I’m far less concerned with them grabbing my magic band, I had paid for upgraded anyway. It’s far more important the dining cash grab. Or maybe losing the free refillable mug!

This is all giving me a headache now 🤯

We have booked directly with Disney for 23rd Sep - 7th October with the QSDP and 14 day ultimate ticket. Booked in May, paid 100 deposit with balance due next July.

I expect an email at some point telling me the dining plan has been removed - disappointing because it's convenient but no big deal as long as our balance is adjusted. I really hope they'll honour our tickets though.

If we get something through to say our booking is adjusted to room only with no dining and no tickets either this could be the deal breaker.

The whole reason for our trip next year is to be there for the 50th (we were there for 40th and always said we'd do the 50th as well). If there's a chance we won't have access to the parks or the cost keeps going up and up we might need to give up on this particular dream.

That's my rant over - I need to go decide which park I want to make a reservation for 15 months in advance 😂
I guess we are talking about 2021 :)

I`m right wit you. I usually book packages with Disney directly. Next year my dates will be ( I hope) 28/09/21 - 18/10/21. This year I should be going 29/09/21-19/10/21 If they let us in....

I was about to book and pay the deposit and they stopped selling for those dates ( I usually book in April fro next year to get the free dining). Literally we went to sleep and wanted to book next day :(

But at least I got to buy 14 day ultimate tickets in the last minute. I had to buy 2 X 14 day though to cover our 21 days :) I`m trying to convince my husband to go for 28 but it`s unlikely.

Your holiday starts before 26th Sept though so I can see 2 version

1. half glass full version
Since they stated that you have to make separate reservation for each of your day the system might let you reserve for 23/24/25 If it does you`ll know that your ticket will be honoured

2. half glass empty version
The system is not smart enough to allow you to reserve the park days for your first couple of days
unfortunately you won`t know If they honour your ticket but you have more time to think. I know it`s rather "empty glass version"

Until the couple of days ago I was never ever thought that Disney would adjust your holiday for room only. I`m afraid today I can imagine that can happen. But still think highly unlikely.

Really I’m far less concerned with them grabbing my magic band, I had paid for upgraded anyway. It’s far more important the dining cash grab. Or maybe losing the free refillable mug!

Forgot about the mug! Lol! I'm planning on upgrading my magic band too but i'm having a socially distanced kitchen holiday meeting this evening so i need to tell the others what the hell is going on/what a mess this is all becoming.

Before anyone panics anymore, I just went on the US site and you can't even book for 2021 on there. It'll only go up to December 2020.
I don't think this a specific thing against Brits, I think that Disney still have no idea of what is happening and we can, at least for now, book for 2021 up until September, which is more than US guests can do and they can actually get there, currently we can't and quite frankly, I'm thinking it could be unlikely the travel restrictions will be lifted before next summer even if there is a change in the administration in November and taking over in January.

Last edited:
anything next year is a guessing game. once there is a vaccine I think you’ll see normal Disney offers resume until then there won’t be much and they will manage crowds on whose willing to pay full price. not surprised that they have removed bits for the 50th again they will want to maximise revenue as people will full whack to be there, but anything outside that I’m not taking much notice

uk travel to the US.. who knows I would be very surprised to have a ‘bubble’ between the two this year whilst the US have 20-35k new infections a day. i can only see that getting worse.

the feeling is maybe September for a vaccine and Xmas for the U.K. to have been vaccinated fingers crossed so we can get some great deals and get our Disney fix next year

not being able to buy the 21 day ticket for our 21 day holiday in july/august 2021 is going to double the price of tickets for our group.

The 21 day ticket cost us about $4,500 for the 9 of us (depending on the exchange rate).
The APs that i'll have to buy instead will cost over $9,000 for the 9 of us.

nine thousand dollars for tickets instead of four thousand five hundred.....

that's insane in any exchange rate..

not being able to buy the 21 day ticket for our 21 day holiday in july/august 2021 is going to double the price of tickets for our group.

The 21 day ticket cost us about $4,500 for the 9 of us (depending on the exchange rate).

Scary prices 😱

You’ll have to go again the year after then you could get in for ‘free’. I know still airfare and accommodation etc.

I`m with you on this. We had to buy 2 X 14 day ticket to cover our 21 days holiday. Double cost on tickets so far for us .... we already bought it ....

You’ll have to go again the year after then you could get in for ‘free’. I know still airfare and accommodation etc.
we don't go every year because of the cost of airfare.
That's why when we do go, it's for 3 weeks.
That 21 day ticket made it possible.

i really don't know what i'm going to do.
Too bad the olympics are next summer, or else i'd seriously entertain taking all 9 of us to tokyo instead.
But i don't want to deal with the olympic crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter