No AAA discount with free dining package?

andychris14

DIS Veteran
Since my agent from aaa wasn't in on friday, I went on the disney website to get some prices for a stay at the pop century for 7 nights. 2 adults/2 children with base tickets. We are thinking of going Aug 30-Sept 6. I got a price for $1350. Yesterday I got in touch with aaa thinking that the price would be a little cheaper but it was $200 more. I asked her why and was told that she quoted me a prefered room which comes out to $15. per day with taxes and $90. for the 2 adults insurance. I will definitely take off the insurance and preferred room and this is about the $200 difference.
Has anyone gotten the aaa discount with the free meal plan?
This rate was during value season but I am a little worried since it goes into labor day. Will the parks be packed?
What type of perks will I get if I book with AAA?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

No discount with AAA, offer is not combinable. Do a search, Mary from Mousesavers had comments on this early.

Correct. If your doing a normal WDW package with dining through AAA, then you could get the AAA discount on the room only portion. However, since the the dining is the discount in this situation, the room rate has to stay the regular rate.

the agent from aaa called me back a little while ago and guess what? I think I both the aaa discount and the free dining. I am shocked. She asked me if I still wanted to hold the original reservation and i told her that i wanted to change the date into regular season from value season, since air prices where higher. I got a price for 8 nights at the pop for $1454.02 with a 7 day pass. Sounds pretty good!!

Christine, go onto disneyworld.com and plug in your dates, 8 nights at POP, and your 7-day tickets and see if the price comes out the same as the package AAA quoted you or more. I'm curious to know if you really did receive the AAA discount.

I got the AAA discount!!! yippee!!!
I did go to the disney website and put the exact dates in and was quoted $1662.02. I booked with AAA for $1454.02. WOW I saved $208.Now we are going for 8 nights and staying at the POP with free dining.
All we need is a cheap airfare from NY to Orlando and we'll be in business.
Keep trying AAA guys for the discount.

I am also wondering if anyone received the free dining with their AAA package.I thought you could get the discount with the code YMO instead of YMP,I don't go until December but am hoping they extend it and it seems I am getting varying answers to this question.
Thanks!!!! :)

My AAA travel agent tried to get me the AAA discount using the YMO code, but failed. Although she INSISTS she did get me the AAA discount and so does the Disney CM & supervisor that she spoke with - go figure! I plugged in the dates on disneyworld.com and received the same price as they are quoting me for the free dining package supposedly with the AAA discount - NOT!! :) Oh well. It's still a good deal, but of course would love to have that extra money....

I did get both so it is possible. I posted on another question about my price. Here goes:family of 4-adults/2kids,8nights pop century, 7 day base ticket and free dining=$1474.64. We saved $208 from the disney website.
My friends family of 4-adults/2kids, 4nights pop century,4day base ticket and free dining=$1055.12. They are saving $102.92 from the disney website.
So now we are both getting the AAA discount and dining discount. Go figure!!

Christine, what dates are you going? I note on an earlier post you said you changed your dates to regular season? I thought the free dining package was only available 8/21 to 10/4 (value season). If I punch in 8 nights at POP, 7 day base MYW tickets for 2 adults and 2 children ages 3-9, on the Disney site during value season when the package is available I get $1462.30. I did not include dining since it is free with the package. I'd love to get a discount on my room so am just trying to figure out where you got the discount. Thanks so much for your help.

Yes, it was about $300 cheaper to go value season. We changed out dates to regular season(8/23-8/31) value season starts 8/28. I did not want to make 2 reservation and then have to pay higher for extra tickets and no dining. It was cheaper to do one reservation.
disney as of last night was charging me $1662.02-8/28-31,pop,7day base ticket.
I do not blame you for researching. I did the same thing.
I booked thru AAA( New York office). I do not know if it matters where you call. Those where the prices. I saved $208 from the disney. My friend is saving $102.92 on a 4night trip using AAA.
Please, if I can help you just ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter