No availability?

Cant help with the why and why nots but if you can swing a one bedroom, plenty availability.

Good luck.

Keep looking. I got 3 nights in a studio at Poly about 50 days out for September. It wasn't there when I first looked, there wasn't a studio anywhere. Later in the day I saw 2 of the 3 nights so I booked it and waitlisted. Found a pool/garden 1 bedroom at BWV in the meantime for that one night. A couple hours later, I looked again and the first night was there at the Poly. Booked it and cancelled the waitlist and cancelled the 1 bedroom. I called DVC and they combined the reservations. I also pulled together 3 nights at VGC for October starting 3 months out.

I agree with DebbieB. Stalk.

I booked a “last minute” trip when we got back end of September for January 4-12. My dd wanted to go to Disney before she started back at school. Didnt realize it was beginning of Marathon Weekend at the end of my trip and January 4 is end of Christmas/New Years vacationers.

When I first booked, I was able to book a studio at SSR for seven nights, standard view. I stalked and was able to add the night of January 4. We wanted a washer/dryer and stalked and got seven nights in a one bedroom preferred view. Stalked January 4 and got at CC (we are landing at close to midnight so didnt mind moving if we had to). Then, a two bedroom standard at SSR opened and I took that all nights. This mostly all happened in November.

My dd said her first choice was monorail and this month I stalked and got first four nights at BLT studio LV. This happened about 2 weeks ago. Stalked and got the fifth night and last week the sixth night all while keeping the last two nights at SSR. Today a studio standard view opened at GF so took that and canceled SSR two bedroom. I have a WL in for the last two nights at BLT LV studio so we dont have to move and a second WL in for a two bedroom at GF and will stalk. I know its Marathon Weekend but have a lot of time to stalk and have auto refresh on my work computer and think I have a 50/50 shot by stalking.

So, the moral of my long winded post is stalk and piece your days together if you can and if you have the time all while putting in your WL.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

It has gotten hard to book, period! Last minute is hard. I just booked a one night stay for my daughter for Saturday January 12. Finally grabbed a studio at poly while stalking for her. I had waitlisted for both SSR and okw and nothing popped up. I’m waitlisted for feb 3 at Bwv standard studio for one night (stop laughing). It’s only because I’m there the rest of the week, so doesn’t hurt to try. I’m booked at okw then move to Bwv on Monday. While stalking this week I watched a ton of availability pop up at SSR for most of February.

Because of the number of units already in the system, more studios won't help - and at two months out, nothing is going to help. Timeshares are not built for booking two months out. If you want to take short notice trips with DVC (which is at least two months all year, and seven months much of the year) be prepared to book one bedrooms, be prepared to move, and be prepared to have to piece together a reservation.

Not sure if OP is still looking, but just now SSR had a ton of availability for all months to includ January and February for studio preferred view. Looks like maybe a room was put back into the inventory. Good luck.

DVC has lowered the number of points required to make that initial purchase direct. Plus they have raised the price per point to ungodly amounts. So young couples buy a smaller number of points, need to use them for studios and studios get booked up more quickly. Renters have learned they need to book no later than seven months out.

I agree that this is one of the factors. Back when I purchased the new member direct purchase was minimum 160 points. Now with direct purchase prices being so high and the new member minimum being lower, I thing most new buyers are buying the minimum. Not everyone is aware of resale, but I think more people are becoming aware of it, so again some are purchasing lower # of points. Then if you want to go every year, or at least every 2nd year for a week or more, your only option is a studio.
I also started out with a smaller resale because of the 160 minimum direct. Fortunately it was more than 10 years ago and my subsequent direct add ons were not that much more than I paid for my resale.
Another poster has said they should build more studios, that might help, but it won't solve the problem completely. People like myself who travel solo are likely to want a studio. This coming trip I had to take a 1 bedroom for the first 3 nights, because I booked at 10 months out. What was I thinking?

I am convinced these bungalows at Poly and CCV are some of the most profitable real estate on earth. The tens of millions in points, I bet they cost $250000 to build.
CCV studios are and will be almost impossible to get at 7 months, so few of them. CCV added to the studio problem.
Riviera will have its mini couple studios. Again to make it look attractive, as the points will be through the roof.

Riviera will have its mini couple studios. Again to make it look attractive, as the points will be through the roof.

I want Riviera, but if they set the points too high, then forget it. I will take my money and buy another nice Resale contract.

I want Riviera, but if they set the points too high, then forget it. I will take my money and buy another nice Resale contract.
I'm expecting around 200 a point. Have you seen it though. I was also thinking about it until I saw it. Half the rooms very close to the highway and nowhere to walk apart from around Caribbean Beach. I'm reserving judgement until it's finished but I doubt we will be interested as we like a resort with good walking and running ability that doesn't seem cut off.

They claim the Riviera is going to be a ‘Deluxe’ Flagship Equivalent. I hope they are actually doing that, and not just saying it. It is easy to talk, but are they really doing anything to make it special and worthwhile?

Really think we will have more Riviera info after the annual meeting on 12/13. Hoping DVCNews will tweet and report on it again the year.

I would suggest to OP if SSR is available, book it and wait list what you want. I was just able to add a night to our trip in February a few days ago. I booked a night at Kadani, and wait listed the Poly where we are staying for the other three nights. That was Thursday, and my wait list for the Poly night came through today.

We only booked the original three nights at 4 months, and it is for Presidents day weekend.

They really should consider changing the cost structure point wise for Studio/1BR/2BR. If a studio is 20, the 1BR should be 30-35 and the 2BR should be 50-55. That's about how they charge for cash rooms.

They really should consider changing the cost structure point wise for Studio/1BR/2BR. If a studio is 20, the 1BR should be 30-35 and the 2BR should be 50-55. That's about how they charge for cash rooms.

They can only change such that total reaort points are equal to what it is now. I suspect the math is gross.

At the end of the day though, if the 1BRs still get booked, there’s no reason to mess with anything.
Agree. The speed of booking is not a good reason to reallocate. A pattern of unbooked nights has been the impetus for past reallocations.

Agree. The speed of booking is not a good reason to reallocate. A pattern of unbooked nights has been the impetus for past reallocations.
Not per se but the overall demand of one vs the other can be. That they are all booked at the end of the day isn't a reason NOT to reallocate if there is sufficient evidence over time that the demand is significantly unequal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter