No friends on disboard.... :(

JellyMintJames

Mouseketeer
I joined disboard forum for a reason to chat with other Disney World fans and hopefully finally make at least one friend on here to meet at the parks. I don't want to sound like a low self-esteem wimp but I enjoy Disney World too and would like to be part of discussions and group meetups and not have to feel left out because I do not have status or wealth to stay in the deluxe resorts or do fancy behind the scenes tours. All I want is just feel like I belong here and not like an outsider....Oh well at least I still have the characters and cast members to keep me company when I visit for 2 weeks in 1 month and it seem so long away I don't think can handle it without support.

would like to be part of discussions and group meetups and not have to feel left out because I do not have status or wealth to stay in the deluxe resorts or do fancy behind the scenes tours. All I want is just feel like I belong here and not like an outsider.

We are firmly in lower middle class, and there are plenty in that bracket on these boards. Heck, there's an entire forum on budgeting and saving money. I'm not sure where you get the impression everyone on here walks around dropping 100 bills behind them.

If it depresses you to read about people staying deluxe or doing special events, then stay out of those threads.

If you want to meet up with some people, then start a thread asking if anyone wants to meet up those dates and then pm back and forth.

I would gladly hang out with you but living in Canada I don't get to Disney as much as I'd like, normally I'm limited to a trip a year. If our trip times ever line up I'm happy to queue through as single riders together and stuff our faces with all the delicious Disney food.

Everyone belongs here! It is a great place to get information and chat with other Disney fans. I have been going solo roughly once a year. I usually stay at Pop with a discount on my solo trips. I'm sorry but I am not comfortable meeting up with a stranger in the parks, I keep my solo trips solo. (It doesn't sound like our trips would overlap anyway.)

I joined disboard forum for a reason to chat with other Disney World fans and hopefully finally make at least one friend on here to meet at the parks. I don't want to sound like a low self-esteem wimp but I enjoy Disney World too and would like to be part of discussions and group meetups and not have to feel left out because I do not have status or wealth to stay in the deluxe resorts or do fancy behind the scenes tours. All I want is just feel like I belong here and not like an outsider....Oh well at least I still have the characters and cast members to keep me company when I visit for 2 weeks in 1 month and it seem so long away I don't think can handle it without support.

I am definitely not middle class(well below), and take short trips. I am staying off site and my special events are things I am specifically interested in like MNSSHP, Food and Wine, and Star Wars related. It's pick and choose really. Most people on here will meet up with you(especially solo travelers) for a meal or day if you put up a request specifically for it, if it coincides with their plans.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Disboards was created for what you're looking for.

I don't have "friends" on here and have never saught to meet up at the parks with anyone on here.
I will say that I did meet up with someone once for a few minutes but that was on a different forum and we had messaged each other for months and didn't really hang out just stood and talked for a few minutes.

I don't stay deluxe or go on tours.

I go on a budget and often times its for short trips like the one I'm going on with my sister 9/1-94.

What dates are you going?

You only have a few posts. Get yourself out there talking to people and maybe you'll find what you're looking for.

I always, for the last several and next two anyway, stay at Pop Century. I certainly do not spend the kind of money that some on the boards do at Disney. If you want to meet at Disney, I would be pleased to do so. While I have my own touring strategy, I am certainly willing to share. Also, some of my days are planned as catch up days, which would allow someone else to have a lot of say. As far as being friends, it can be difficult to make friends IRL on a message board, as we are all from such different places. I tried to make an IRL friend of someone who lives "only" two hours away, and we just couldn't manage to work it out. Not that I would be unwilling to make such a friend. Just open up and talk. Who knows what may happen.

Just keep posting and commenting on people's posts that interest you and if the perfect Disney "friend" or "friends" are out there you'll connect. I know. After meeting my online Disney/Bronco fan buddy on DIS over 5 years ago and staying in touch via mostly text and Facebook through the years we are finally meeting in real life at WDW on 8/25. We missed each other by a matter of feet at AK back in 2012 when we were there with our respective families.

I don't know if you said what the dates of your next trip are, but see if you can find a thread for that month. That's how I got to know most of my online Disney friends. Most of them are ones I met on the November 2012 planning thread. We were a silly bunch. My favorite thing we did was each get our favorite beverage and sit and take a "virtual" trip around the parks on a Friday evening. Good times. LOL

Just keep posting and commenting on people's posts that interest you and if the perfect Disney "friend" or "friends" are out there you'll connect. I know. After meeting my online Disney/Bronco fan buddy on DIS over 5 years ago and staying in touch via mostly text and Facebook through the years we are finally meeting in real life at WDW on 8/25. We missed each other by a matter of feet at AK back in 2012 when we were there with our respective families.

I don't know if you said what the dates of your next trip are, but see if you can find a thread for that month. That's how I got to know most of my online Disney friends. Most of them are ones I met on the November 2012 planning thread. We were a silly bunch. My favorite thing we did was each get our favorite beverage and sit and take a "virtual" trip around the parks on a Friday evening. Good times. LOL

And if traveling solo, make sure to post in one of the solo threads. Gotta be a little outgoing to make connections. One of my friends on here I turned out to have overlapping dates with so we kinda helped each other plan a bit(which, btw, is a great way to meet people on the boards, a little tit for tat, so to speak). Got my preparty BOG dinner reservation with her help.

I was feeling sorry for myself and I need to stop that and open up a little bit more and get pass my shyness. Thank you and it so happen that my trip will start August 26th also.

I haven't personally made the acquaintance of anyone else either (also new) but I know from experience on other types of forums that boards are like that. Keep posting, be friendly. Reach out to someone if they say something that's in one of your areas of interest. It'll happen. :)

I was feeling sorry for myself and I need to stop that and open up a little bit more and get pass my shyness. Thank you and it so happen that my trip will start August 26th also.
What are your park plans? We are doing AK Friday night, MK until about 2 or 3 pm Saturday (going to a wedding off property that night), and EP all day Sunday.

What are your park plans? We are doing AK Friday night, MK until about 2 or 3 pm Saturday (going to a wedding off property that night), and EP all day Sunday.
I'll be doing Epcot Saturday till 11 or 12 then heading over to MK until 4 or 5 and Sunday doing Epcot from opening till about 2 then HS at 4 then AK at 6 then back to EP ending my day there.

I'll be doing Epcot Saturday till 11 or 12 then heading over to MK until 4 or 5 and Sunday doing Epcot from opening till about 2 then HS at 4 then AK at 6 then back to EP ending my day there.
Sounds like we could run into each other Saturday or Sunday. Saturday we have PPO BOG, so we will likely start the day off at 7DMT the then head to POTC and HM. We are trying to get as many of our favorites in before we head back to the hotel to cleanup and rest before the wedding.
Sunday we won't be so commando. Only real plan is a late lunch at Via Napoli. Other than that we just plan to be in EP all day. Will do Test Track and Soarin at some point.

Do you have plans or just wing it since you're solo?

Sounds like we could run into each other Saturday or Sunday. Saturday we have PPO BOG, so we will likely start the day off at 7DMT the then head to POTC and HM. We are trying to get as many of our favorites in before we head back to the hotel to cleanup and rest before the wedding.
Sunday we won't be so commando. Only real plan is a late lunch at Via Napoli. Other than that we just plan to be in EP all day. Will do Test Track and Soarin at some point.

Yes it could, basically I am just winging it but I am mostly a character kind of guy so I'll be hanging around the characters more then anything else. Looks like I'll hit EP before MK on Saturday then MK before EP on Sunday So we might run into each other.

Very strange that you just joined in May of this year and are not enjoying the boards. Not everyone is rich or go on fancy tours. I am not sure what treads you are looking at but you definitely need to spend more time on here looking around and posting before you make judgement on it. There are plenty of people on budgets and that stay at value resorts or off site to save money. And no not everyone likes to meet up in person but it is nice to share experiences and knowledge of Disney with others who may be new to Disney or a Disney vacation. It is what you make of it. So my suggestion, is to not be so negative and start putting yourself out there, start conversations, post in threads, look at threads that interest you. It is sad that you are not giving it a try and being negative after only 19 posts.

If I may ask, have you done BOG prepark before? I have one that morning(9/23) plus a dinner BOG Sunday, and it would be nice to know what to expect.

If I may ask, have you done BOG prepark before? I have one that morning(9/23) plus a dinner BOG Sunday, and it would be nice to know what to expect.
I was kind of wondering the same thing. There are a few You Tube videos if you search Be Our Guest Breakfast. I watched a few and they gave me a pretty clear idea of what it was like. What I took away was that the positives are that you get to enter the park early and kind of take things in without a bunch of people around, maybe get to the front of an attraction line once the park opens and generally you get to experience BOG. The negative is that the breakfast is extremely overpriced for what you get; the food is okay, but not worth the price.

I was kind of wondering the same thing. There are a few You Tube videos if you search Be Our Guest Breakfast. I watched a few and they gave me a pretty clear idea of what it was like. What I took away was that the positives are that you get to enter the park early and kind of take things in without a bunch of people around, maybe get to the front of an attraction line once the park opens and generally you get to experience BOG. The negative is that the breakfast is extremely overpriced for what you get; the food is okay, but not worth the price.

Park prices are always higher, but Orlando has higher prices than what I am used to. Small country town. Still trying to rebook breakfast for two instead of one since a friend is joining me for the first half of my trip.

I haven't. But I've been reading up. There are all kinds of variations of ride openings etc. Our ADR is 8:15 (PO 9:00 no EMM) we plan to arrive at the turnstiles by 7:30. Word is they let PPO ADR guests in at 7:45 before they open Main Street to public at 8:00. Word also says if we get to BOG before our ADR they will check us in right away no matter the actual time. We plan to preorder and hope to be out by 8:45 and head to 7DMT. I have heard varying reports of others being able to ride before rope drop. But just getting in line before rope drop will be fine for me. If we do get pixie dust and ride before RD we may try and squeeze in PP too. I like the ride but rarely do it because of the line and other priorities. BTW we are also doing BOG lunch that day. I'm too excited about BOG. We missed it by just days of its opening in Nov 2012. And 7MDT was still under construction, another must do for us.
Park prices are always higher, but Orlando has higher prices than what I am used to. Small country town. Still trying to rebook breakfast for two instead of one since a friend is joining me for the first half of my trip.
I'm sure you'll be able to find the PPO for two if you keep trying. Even last minute someone is likely to change their mind. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter