No Holiday Exterior Room Decorations

I'm normally all for personal freedoms, especially when it's my hard-earned money paying for the room that I'm staying in. However, I must agree with most everyone's response as related to the lights. To me, hanging lights all over one's balcony is a cry for attention by people who like to push the limits of the rules. Not only do the decorations look cheesy, being haphazardly scattered over the balcony railings, I think Disney does good enough job decorating the resorts for Christmas on their own.

I think the biggest concern for Disney is the detraction from the theming of the resort itself. Also, the possible liability as related to fire (improper extension cords, overloaded circuits, etc.). I doubt Disney is as concerned about "offending" those who don't celebrate Christmas, but being as PC as Disney is, this might be a factor. Given the massive amounts of electricity consumed by each resort daily, I can't imagine that a few strands of Christmas lights here and there would even show up on the radar screen (especially in this LED / Green day and age).

Who has time for that stuff anyways? I thought the whole idea of doing a Disney vacation at Christmas was to get out of cooking / decorating? :santa:

Im surprised this wasnt enforced sooner. The decorations really do take away from the themeing of the resort (although sometimes I do like lights on the balconies). Im sure some of the door decorations were ripping paint off the door :(

Last time i checked this still is the happiest place on earth right.First we can't enjoy a cigarette outside on are balcony but when i check into my room i find those cigarette butts everywhere and omg how many times to i find them in my resort room.Now we can't hang lights and decorate our doors.Where is the holiday spirit.My family and i come to Disney every year to see all the decor and to see how everyone is decorating there rooms.So sorry to see it go.
MISSY AND FAMILY
AND THE MEAN LADY TOO

A reminder that Smoking is not a topic that is allowed on the DVC Boards. Please keep this thread on the topic of Holiday Decorations or it will need to be closed.

Thanks

Now we can't hang lights and decorate our doors.Where is the holiday spirit.My family and i come to Disney every year to see all the decor and to see how everyone is decorating there rooms.

Disney's not telling us we can't decorate inside our rooms. Feel free to put up a tree, or lay some lights across the counter... it'll still be festive.

If the reason you come to Disney at Christmas is to see everyone's home decor out on their balconies and on their room doors, take a stroll through the campground. Their homes on wheels will still be done up :goodvibes

Last time i checked this still is the happiest place on earth right.First we can't enjoy a cigarette outside on are balcony but when i check into my room i find those cigarette butts everywhere and omg how many times to i find them in my resort room.Now we can't hang lights and decorate our doors.Where is the holiday spirit.My family and i come to Disney every year to see all the decor and to see how everyone is decorating there rooms.So sorry to see it go.
MISSY AND FAMILY
AND THE MEAN LADY TOO

Just think of it as deed restrictions. Lots of communities have deed restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter