No hot dogs at Mama's Snack Shack?

seitz

Earning My Ears
We're currently staying at Aulani. I was disappointed to find no hot dogs or sausages for sale at Mama's Snack Shack. The menu board seems much to have fewer items than past photos I've seen posted.

I did see Portuguese Sausage on a bun on a sign on the counter at Little ‘Opihi's - Beachside Kiosk.
The menu currently posted on the Aulani web site seems to match the reduced menu board I saw at Mama's:
https://www.disneyaulani.com/dining/mamas-snack-stop/

• Meals like Fish and Chips, Ono Sandwich, Coconut-Breaded Shrimp and Chicken Tenders
  • Keiki Menu items offer smaller versions of our meals, including fish and chips, chicken tenders and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • Snacks like apple fries, cole slaw, French fries, potato chips and fruit cups are also available
  • Dessert is a macadamia nut and pineapple cupcake with butter cream frosting

I think they rotate the special. They had a Polish sausage sandwich the other day. If you need a hot dog that bad, they do sell them and buns at the gift shop. You can grill them out. They would probably be better that way anyway.

So I just looked at the menu and it is a normal hot dog in a Portugeuese sweet roll.

When we were there in April we too noticed that they no longer had hot dogs - which was a shame. The fish however was really really good. We were hoping the apple fries were like Legolanda but nope, just apples cut into sticks.

The Portuguese hot dog that you can get down at Opihi’s is a spiced Portuguese sausage on a roll. Personally I found it a little too rich and oily. From memory it is also available on the poolside / lagoonside dining menu.

So I just looked at the menu and it is a normal hot dog in a Portugeuese sweet roll.
Thanks! I had read a lot of article mentioning the sausages at Mama’s and had been looking forward to trying one.

FYI, you can buy the same Hawaiian style Portuguese sausage in Kapolei at Safeway, buy buns and use the grills provided by Auntys to make them yourself. I think we bought Kings brand.

We were there in May and the fish and chips and the coconut shrimp was really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!