No Hurricanes Please- A Redemption Trip- November 2018 PTR-Updated 11/17/18 New TR Links

Aw, hope your dogs feel better! :(

I loved Incredibles 2--there were a couple scenes where it felt a bit off, but overall I thought it was great. If you're not a fan of the first one though, you likely won't care for it too much. I agree about Christopher Robin though!

You should most definitely do Hoop Dee Doo. For a Southerner the food certainly won't be all that exciting, but it is done well and the show is a Disney tradition that just shouldn't be missed. Plus, unlimited beer or sangria! Who doesn't love that.

So sorry to hear your dog is having a rough time. Sounds like you most definitely need to find a new vet though. Do you know anyone else that has a more challenging dog? For us its always been good to find a vet that others have used. Hope she feels better.

Aw, hope your dogs feel better! :(

I loved Incredibles 2--there were a couple scenes where it felt a bit off, but overall I thought it was great. If you're not a fan of the first one though, you likely won't care for it too much. I agree about Christopher Robin though!

Thank you! I think they're better. Today's reply is brought to you by skewed glasses, one eye open, and marks on my face as a result of them fighting all night. When they finally stopped, Ellie lost her mind and must have thought someone was breaking in because she let loose her call for the hound brigade. Auto correct has corrected my typing multiple times, ha!

You should most definitely do Hoop Dee Doo. For a Southerner the food certainly won't be all that exciting, but it is done well and the show is a Disney tradition that just shouldn't be missed. Plus, unlimited beer or sangria! Who doesn't love that.

So sorry to hear your dog is having a rough time. Sounds like you most definitely need to find a new vet though. Do you know anyone else that has a more challenging dog? For us its always been good to find a vet that others have used. Hope she feels better.

There's another vote for HDDR!

More challenging? No. Right now, she is laying in my bed rolling over and crying because my little dog is snapping at her for annoying the you-know-what out of her. However, I do have a friend that currently has four dogs only because a few of them have passed away. She swears by another vet, and through the years I've heard of the good things this vet has done for her animals. I'm already considering her.

You're going back in 3 weeks? Yay!!!! Where are you staying?

HDDR is a fun show, we love it, our food last time was not the best but the first time our food was spot on!

I hope your pups feel better

I am excited for Christopher Robin, and I still haven’t been to the Incredibles 2 yet.

HDDR is a fun show, we love it, our food last time was not the best but the first time our food was spot on!

I hope your pups feel better

I am excited for Christopher Robin, and I still haven’t been to the Incredibles 2 yet.

There's another vote! The wheels are turning!

This is Halloween

So, I mentioned a while back that Jason thought it would be better to head down to Florida the night before our trip begins since it's a 10 hour drive and he didn't want to feel exhausted from all the planning I have for November 1st. So, the night before is Halloween. I love Halloween. I enjoy handing candy out to the kids and watching movies until I fall asleep. Yeah, I'm quite the party animal.

So, we talked about it tonight. I would love to do MNSSHP and see the Hocus Pocus show again, but 1) Jason said no, 2) it will be so crowded, 3) I will be exhausted, 4) we didn't enjoy the party in 2016. I use Expedia often and have some points saved up so I will be looking for a last minute deal for a hotel room for 10/31 a little closer to the trip. Jason has decided he would like to leave really early on Halloween, check in as early as we can, say around 3 p.m., and spend the rest of the day at. . .Disney Springs. Hooray! I get a little Disney before Disney! He would like for us to get a snack at The Daily Poutine or maybe lunch at Cooke's of Dublin, head back to the room to rest, and then come back for dinner. He let me pick dinner.

So, I looked up our options on the MDE app. I was looking for something with a little bit of a dark inspiration and remembered what @Dis_Yoda recommended about The Edison. Well, The Edison was open so I booked a reservation! I'm really excited now!

So, that puts us at checking into The Boardwalk early 11/01 and heading over to The Magic Kingdom. I rearranged our ADRS (yes, again) and booked lunch for The Plaza on 11/01 and dropped it for dinner on 11/09. I have no ADR for our last evening, but that's okay. We will be surrounded by food. I don't think we'll go hungry.

But, that does mean that a spot is now open for HDDR if we choose to do this. . .

Now, the only thing I have left to do is book the Star Wars Dessert party. I should get on that. . .

I think The Edison should be fun on Halloween, I hope it works out well!

I don't think Star Wars Dessert Parties are open for our dates yet. I know I checked before and didn't see them open. That should be our plan on Sunday Night if it becomes available.

I think The Edison should be fun on Halloween, I hope it works out well!

I don't think Star Wars Dessert Parties are open for our dates yet. I know I checked before and didn't see them open. That should be our plan on Sunday Night if it becomes available.

I think it will be! I'll probably wear something in the theme of Halloween without totally dressing up in costume.

It's not. I just hopped on to check the dates, and they're not out yet. We would be looking to go 11/06. I really want to surprise my husband with this. I think he will just be so happy to attend this party.

You're going back in 3 weeks? Yay!!!! Where are you staying?
Yep. 18 days and counting. We're staying at Boardwalk for the first 3 nights and then Beach Club for the next 5. We were originally Beach Club the whole time but friends of ours decided to drive down from Savannah for the first few days and Beach Club was full so we're now doing the split stay.

So, I mentioned a while back that Jason thought it would be better to head down to Florida the night before our trip begins since it's a 10 hour drive and he didn't want to feel exhausted from all the planning I have for November 1st.
Every time you say Jason I wonder why my husband is going to Disney with you :-)

Jason has decided he would like to leave really early on Halloween, check in as early as we can, say around 3 p.m., and spend the rest of the day at. . .Disney Springs. Hooray! I get a little Disney before Disney!
Woohoo!!!! I'm all for anything that brings more Disney

I grew up on my grandmother's fried chicken, veggies from the garden, cornbread, sweet tea, and everything they serve at the show. Homemade strawberry shortcake is a staple in my family. So, I have a high standard for Southern fare.
I 5hink if you set your expectations with the food you will be fine. Just know that it won’t be as good as your families. It will be ok, or at least I hope it will be. We loved it. And it really is a great Expierence.

He did mention whatever night we go to HDDR maybe we should skip lunch. You know what ADR I have for lunch on the possible night for HDDR? Restaurant Marrakesh! :rotfl:
Poor Restaurnt Marrakech!

Has anyone seen the 2nd Incredibles movie? We haven't yet. I'm not a fan of the first one, but my husband likes it so we'll likely go see it for him.
We loved it. But we are big incredible fans.

booked lunch for The Plaza on 11/01 and dropped it for dinner on 11/09
I think the plaza is def a better lunch reservation for sure.

Yep. 18 days and counting. We're staying at Boardwalk for the first 3 nights and then Beach Club for the next 5. We were originally Beach Club the whole time but friends of ours decided to drive down from Savannah for the first few days and Beach Club was full so we're now doing the split stay.

Every time you say Jason I wonder why my husband is going to Disney with you :-)

Woohoo!!!! I'm all for anything that brings more Disney

So exciting about your split stay! I can't wait to read all about it.

Ha! That may be awkward.

I 5hink if you set your expectations with the food you will be fine. Just know that it won’t be as good as your families. It will be ok, or at least I hope it will be. We loved it. And it really is a great Expierence.

Poor Restaurnt Marrakech!

We loved it. But we are big incredible fans.

I think the plaza is def a better lunch reservation for sure.

Fret not! Restaurant Marrakesh is hanging on by a thread!

Soundtrack USA

Brief update on the health front. I saw another doctor regarding my stomach issues. Man, did she come in with a plan. She told me more in one visit than all the visits combined at my previous doctor visits. The bottom line is that she thinks I've been misdiagnosed. Instead of having a condition that really cannot be reversed, she thinks it is a surgical problem. So, I'm having a minor surgical procedure this coming Thursday. If she is correct then I will have a more major surgery, and my issue should be resolved. After years upon years of being sick, she is giving me hope. I would be able to eat normal food again. If her suspicion is wrong then it truly confirms I have the paralysis in my stomach and will need to continue my mostly liquid/soft food diet. It's not the end of the world if that's true, but that comes with major amounts of nausea that I cannot control. I just want to regain my health. I want to enjoy my upcoming trip with my husband and eat all the yummy foods Disney has to offer.

So, I thought for today's Disney update, we could play a little game.

I want to put together a soundtrack of songs that feel Disney-themed to me or remind me of vacation. Feel free to join in with your own list!

I am including some Halloweenish songs since we are now leaving on Halloween. Hooray!

In no particular order:

Holiday Road

Kokomo-Muppet version

Kokomo- Beach Boys

Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride

Under the Boardwalk

I can only upload 5 media at a time. . . continued. . .

Part 2

Do You Believe in Magic

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

I Put a Spell on You- Hocus Pocus

Grim Grinning Ghosts

Kiss the Girl

Part 3

I Just Can't Wait to be King
There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Journey into Imagination
Enchanted Tiki Room
Wishes
What would you put on your soundtrack?

What a fun game to play! I could do this all day (and have been known to carefully curate my Disney playlist for when we get to the Turnpike, which is when I "allow myself" to start listening to Disney music, about an hour from Walt Disney World) so I will just pick 5:

Sh-Boom (the song they play each night when they light up the neon at CarsLand)

Illuminations Soundtrack complete with millennium walk post show :love:

Hawaiian War Chant (included in Enchanted Tiki Room but there are tons of covers!)

Show Me the Way by Wassalou (aka Burudika's real world name)

Pineapple Princess - Annette Funicello

I hope your surgery goes smoothly and gives you some answers and maybe good news! My sister struggles with similar issues and has also been told it's gastroparesis (and allergies). I'll be thinking of you :hug:

What a fun game to play! I could do this all day (and have been known to carefully curate my Disney playlist for when we get to the Turnpike, which is when I "allow myself" to start listening to Disney music, about an hour from Walt Disney World) so I will just pick 5:

Sh-Boom (the song they play each night when they light up the neon at CarsLand)

Illuminations Soundtrack complete with millennium walk post show :love:

Hawaiian War Chant (included in Enchanted Tiki Room but there are tons of covers!)

Show Me the Way by Wassalou (aka Burudika's real world name)

Pineapple Princess - Annette Funicello

I hope your surgery goes smoothly and gives you some answers and maybe good news! My sister struggles with similar issues and has also been told it's gastroparesis (and allergies). I'll be thinking of you :hug:

Good choices!

Thank you! We are hoping the diagnosis of gastroparesis is incorrect. If not, I'll deal with it, but oh how I wish I could eat popcorn again!

OH man! My mom was mis diagnosed with something different. But here is to a cure to your food issues. Good Luck!

Thank you!

Hope all goes well with your surgery and this doctor is on to the right diagnosis! x

Love your playlist, but you forgot my favorite WDW song of all time. It's an oldie but a goodie.

Thank you! I am hopeful!

Don't glare at me, but I don't remember that song. I'll have to listen more carefully.

My husband reminded me that I forgot Zip-a-dee Do Da. With this heat, I wish I was headed down splash mountain right now.

So close for your trip! Yay!

I love the Moana soundtrack, so good and of course Wishes!

Good luck with your surgery, sure hope it is fixable with surgery!

Wine and Dine

I finally saw the menu release for the Food and Wine Festival this year. pixiedust:

I also saw the current lineup for Eat to The Beat. Man, oh, man I cannot believe we are going to miss 98 Degrees! Secretly, my husband loves them and I can only imaging the choreography that would have taken place if we had been able to see them.

So, I went through the menu and am making a list of the stops at the booths. I'm excited about a few new items but disappointed a few did not make it back. I also noticed that the amazing Twinings Pumpkin Chai Shake that Ireland had in 2016 is. . . somewhere else. . . and comes in chocolate? I don't know about that. Don't go messing with my pumpkin, folks. So, here's our list and who wants to try it. J will be for my husband, S for me, and B for both. Beverages are only kind of included if they really stand out. Otherwise, my choices really depend on my level of thirst.

Active Eats:
Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions (J)

Africa:
Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap (J--kind of)

The Almond Orchard:
Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Pulled Chicken, Toasted Blue Diamond Almonds and Parmesan Cheese served with Nut Thins® Crackers (S)

Australia:
Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (B--maybe?)

Belgium:
Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes (B)
Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (S)

Canada:
We are on the fence about the food.
Moosehead Radler: Lager infused with Grapefruit, Grape and Lemon Juices, New Brunswick (S)

The Cheese Studio:
Braised Beef Stroganoff with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom and Boursin Garlic with Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce (B)
Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan Crunch (J)

China:
Xi’an Pancake with Beef (J)
Chicken Dumplings with Chinese Slaw (J)
Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce (J)
Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles(J)
Byejoe Punch: Chinese Bai Jiu Spirit, Lychee, Coconut and Pineapple Juice (S)

Chocolate Studio:
Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel (B)
Twinings® Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea and Chocolate Shake (S. . . eh. . . )

Coastal Eats:
Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette (J)
Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn, Butterbean Succotash and Chili-chipotle Butter Sauce (S)

Flavors from Fire:
Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds (B)
Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses (B)
Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aioli (B, but this is similar to the dish they had at Argentina that S liked)

France:
La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice (S)

Greece:
Bougatsa: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon (S)

Hawaii:
Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise (J)
Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise (S. . . maybe)
Mai Tai with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and DOLE Pineapple Juice (B)

Hops and Barley:
New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side (J)
Most of the beverages (S)

India:
Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips (J)

Ireland:
Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread (S)
Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard (S)
Bunratty Meade Honey Wine (S)
Guinness Baileys Shake (J)

Islands of Caribbean:
Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce (S)

Japan:
Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce (J)
Fuji Apple Cocktail: Sake, Peach Schnapps and Green Apple Syrup (S)

Mexico:
Short Rib Tostada: Corn Tortilla topped with Short Ribs, Black Beans, Salsa Verde and Spring Onion (S)
Shrimp Quesadilla: Corn Tortilla with Shrimp, Oaxaca Cheese and topped with Spicy Guajillo Sauce and Sesame Seeds (J)

La Chancla: Red Wine Sangria mixed with Fruit Juice (S)
El Padrino: Blackberry Mexican Punch with Velo Blanco Tequila (J)

Morocco:
Kefta Pocket: Seasoned Ground Beef in a Pita Pocket (B)

Refreshment Port:
Beef Brisket Poutine: French Fries with Beef Brisket, Beer Cheese Sauce and Poutine Gravy topped with Crispy Onions (B)
Sweet Potato Poutine: Sweet Potato Fries with Caramel Sauce, Mini Marshmallows and Pecans (S)

Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar
S thinks these are going to make her tipsy. . .

Spain:
Spanish-style Paella with Chorizo and Roasted Chicken

Thailand:
Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables

Block and Hans:
Yep, sign S up for the beer

Joffreys:
Also sign S up for the frozen drinks. . . at this point I'm starting to think I may need to rethink this. . .

Wow! If we stick to that, that's around 50 items including beverages. We discussed this earlier today before I totaled out where we wanted to try. We've decided to purchase one of the F&W gift cards to keep that portion of our budget separate from the rest of the food. The gift card will help us keep a running total on how much we have spent and what we have left. Besides, I like that they have little wristlets so I can easily keep up with the card between booths. We also discussed how if we truly snack as much as we think we are, we'll likely cut out some ADRs and or save money by purchasing dishes to share at restaurants depending on how hungry we are. I'm really excited, as I've said a million times, to be "free-eating" this trip and not be tied down to a plan. We can just do as we please. However, if we stick to all 50 items and average them at $10.00 each (I know they won't all be but I'm being generous considering some items are alcoholic and we honestly probably won't drink more than one alcoholic beverage a day if that much) then that's $500. That's a huge chunk and will be adjusted out of our regular food budget. I have done the prediction on our food budget yet because I'm so notorious for changing around ADRS. We'll see how it pans out a little closer to time, but at least we have a more accurate plan for the festival now.

So, for those of you participating on F&W this year, what items are you all looking forward to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter