No more curbside check-in at PIT

DebbieB
I also seen that on there website today.Thats another reason we only do carry-ons.;)

I am sure it is going to be that way at every airport before it is all done.

I also figure once they get the bugs worked out curbside will return.

I also think that those that carry everything on board slow it down for everyone.

safetymom
Carrying 1 small carry-on doesn't hold up everybody.I would rather be off the plane and in my rental car 10 minutes after landing, than take a chance of "lost luggage". :D

I need a large suitcase (25" that is totally full) for a week long trip, there's no way I could carryon everything, especially with the 1 carryon rule. Especially on a trip like last month when we had to take jeans and sweatshirts. We buy alot of stuff at WDW too, I need a bag just for that.

We had a full plane on our trip to FL last month and they were having a hard time stuffing all those wheeled carryons into the overheads. I carryon my laptop and a small bag that fits under the seat (and put my purse inside because of the new rules).

It did sound like the screening machine will be put in the baggage sorting system by Spring, so maybe curbside will come back then. One good thing is that your bags will be screened in front of you.

I have been flying weekly for almost 2 years now. I have only had my luggage lost 1 time at it was at my home airport. You may not carry a lot aboard but others sure do. It is amazing to see what people try to carry on the plane. It holds things up for everyone. Thank goodness I am preferred with my airline so I can sit near the front of the plane. When I had to sit in the back it took forever to get off the plane because people had brought too much on the plane.

Safetymom,
Twice in 3 years, had my luggage lost.It was a direct,non-stop, Pittsburgh to MCO.It was also the 1st flight out of Pittsburgh.So I said after that I will only do carry-on's when possible.To me even 1 time for lost luggage is to many, especially on the 1st flight out on a non-stop flight.:mad:

When my suitcase was lost I was standing next to the person that checked in ahead of me. Hers made it but mine didn't. Still don't understand how because it was a small airport we were traveling from.

I think the airline industry has to work on the problem because I only see it getting worse with everyone trying to bring everything on board with them.

It is getting to the point that many people that fly for business are reconsidering and driving instead. That is a shame. It's not so bad when you only fly once in awhile but when you fly as much as I do a lot of my time is wasted while people dig their stuff out of all the overhead bins they put their stuff in.

Just my two cents.

I've never had my luggage lost but had a couple of close calls, both at PIT. One time I was standing at the carousel and saw my bag coming off and an older man grabbed it. He and his wife walked behind me and I looked at the bag and saw my business card tag. I ran after them and they said it was their bag! I said here is my tag! They kept saying there's had a red ribbon, I said so does mine. Finally it sunk in and they realized they took mine (I hope it was an accident). Then another time it didn't come off so I decided to walk around and found it on a stopped carousel at the other end. The automated tag was bent up so I guess it went to the land of misfit bags! I have carried on bags on short business trips, but vacation trips I take too much especially with the current 1 carryon rule.

They still have skycaps that help you in with your bags if needed. You go to the ticket counter, get your boarding pass and then proceed to the scanner. If it is OK they ask if you are checking it. If they need to search then you walk over to their stand. They said to allow 2 and half hours. It only took about 10 extra mins to get through the scanning.

Our flight was delayed and then once everyone was onboard there was a missing passenger. They paged him several times, several gate agents got on board.

When they determined that he wasn't on board they had to remove his suitcase. They had to dig through all the suitcases to find his. This delayed us another hour on our flight to MCO Sunday.

It was nice not having the "random" gate check and you don't have to show your drivers license any more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter