No more solo Disney trips, I am dropping Disney World.

JellyMintJames

Mouseketeer
I've already cut up my annual pass and magic bands because I am completely done with Disney World. It's not even their fault, it is mine I knew Disney World wasn't for me but I kept going back thinking that it was and I had to face it that I did not fit in what so ever I was very out of place no matter what I did. I have social anxiety that most of time it ruined my Disney World trips but I also know nothing about Disney movies or characters. I probably watched a couple of Disney movies in my past life time maybe once or twice but that was it so I couldn't really get into the spirit or have anything to talk about. I am furry in denial or in closeted, that was the whole reason I went to Disney because the furry wouldn't accept so I felt like Disney did but later learned that I was going for the wrong reasons and Disney was just playing along until I became a throne in the cast member backside's for visiting the characters so many times in one day and wanting to hug them all the time. So I'm sorry for using Disney World for my selfish needs and I won't come back. Disney springs is my favorite place to eat and hang out though.lol That is all I have to say other then that have a nice day :)

I am not sure I understand the point to posting something to swear off Disney on a board specifically filled with Disney lovers. That said, there are other parks that may be better suited to you, but your social anxiety disorder may be an issue at any park. Perhaps Disney cruises or Adventures by Disney would be better suited to you? As far as not knowing all the movies, hard for anyone to keep up, and I have seen most of them(I have an 8 year old niece plus grew up in the 80s and 90s). Good luck on finding your perfect vacation/holiday.

I am not sure I understand the point to posting something to swear off Disney on a board specifically filled with Disney lovers. That said, there are other parks that may be better suited to you, but your social anxiety disorder may be an issue at any park. Perhaps Disney cruises or Adventures by Disney would be better suited to you? As far as not knowing all the movies, hard for anyone to keep up, and I have seen most of them(I have an 8 year old niece plus grew up in the 80s and 90s). Good luck on finding your perfect vacation/holiday.
This guy right here Brad got some serious isuses...If you have social anxiety please do not go to any park because you'll just ruin it for yourself and make others uncomfortable around you geez.

okay, this is my unpopular opinion: Disney is a theme park first, not a furry destination. At least not intentionally. So that probably contributed to your sense of not really "fitting in" well.

There are conventions and get-togethers specifically furry-oriented that would be a way better fit than Disney, where costumed characters are just one part of the overall experience and price tag, so I am glad you understand that you were, as you say, going for the wrong reasons.

I just think it's kind of an unfair comparison in that sense. Disney means a lot of things to many different people, but I'm pretty sure the costumed characters are not really to be treated that way. They're employees, not necessarily dressing up as a hobby (not saying they dislike their jobs - just that it's a lot different when one is being paid to do something). So to say you are disappointed with WDW for being a less-than-perfect furry party is kind of like me saying most cemeteries are subpar parks for jogging. They're not really intended for that purpose.

Not even going to touch on treatment of costumed characters (whether "face" or "suit").

This guy right here Brad got some serious isuses...If you have social anxiety please do not go to any park because you'll just ruin it for yourself and make others uncomfortable around you geez.

It is why I offered a smaller group suggestion. I actually study psychology(intend to finish a double major in forensic psychology and anthropology) and understand that social anxiety disorder is a serious condition, and that a better option for travel for people with it is going to be small group travel or independent travel that allows them to get away from crowds. I did not want to just comment and not offer a positive alternative.

okay, this is my unpopular opinion: Disney is a theme park first, not a furry destination. At least not intentionally. So that probably contributed to your sense of not really "fitting in" well.

There are conventions and get-togethers specifically furry-oriented that would be a way better fit than Disney, where costumed characters are just one part of the overall experience and price tag, so I am glad you understand that you were, as you say, going for the wrong reasons.

I just think it's kind of an unfair comparison in that sense. Disney means a lot of things to many different people, but I'm pretty sure the costumed characters are not really to be treated that way. They're employees, not necessarily dressing up as a hobby (not saying they dislike their jobs - just that it's a lot different when one is being paid to do something). So to say you are disappointed with WDW for being a less-than-perfect furry party is kind of like me saying most cemeteries are subpar parks for jogging. They're not really intended for that purpose.

Not even going to touch on treatment of costumed characters (whether "face" or "suit").
Easy there you don't want to hurt his feelings did you? :rolleyes2

It is why I offered a smaller group suggestion. I actually study psychology(intend to finish a double major in forensic psychology and anthropology) and understand that social anxiety disorder is a serious condition, and that a better option for travel for people with it is going to be small group travel or independent travel that allows them to get away from crowds. I did not want to just comment and not offer a positive alternative.
Then send him to SeaWorld or Busch Gardens he'll like it there better. It may not have costumed characters but he'll get over it. :joker:

Hey Buddy I am going to privately message you okay? I feel like that is what you need right now and to prevent you from posting anymore ridiculous threads.

Then send him to SeaWorld or Busch Gardens he'll like it there better. It may not have costumed characters but he'll get over it. :joker:

Actually both do, but the issue is really large crowds in any park, so it may simply not be the right style of vacation for him. I have personally done cruises(and been on more cruise ships than cruises), parks, and tours(granted it was a tour of a country with their government as the guide....back when I was a travel agent....but small groups are always a lot of fun and you get to know each other a bit).

Actually both do, but the issue is really large crowds in any park, so it may simply not be the right style of vacation for him. I have personally done cruises(and been on more cruise ships than cruises), parks, and tours(granted it was a tour of a country with their government as the guide....back when I was a travel agent....but small groups are always a lot of fun and you get to know each other a bit).
Don't worry I'll get to the bottom of it. I hate it when people feel sorry for themselves.

Which part would hurt your feelings?
Whoa not my feelings but JellyMintJames feelings but don't worry we won't hear him complaining about Disney furry destination or unfair treatment anymore. I sent him somewhere he would fit in perfectly :)

Seems like it. I don't mind to help anyone when I can though.
Okay I think he took our advice a little too far with the idea of dressing up like Rudolph when he goes to the SeaWorld Christmas celebration but anyway you can help me out with a trip. I want to go to Sea World San Diego and The San Diego Zoo in May I live in Florida and don't want to drive clear across the Country for a long amount of time. So when is the best time to get a deal on plane tickets, round trip?

Okay I think he took our advice a little too far with the idea of dressing up like Rudolph when he goes to the SeaWorld Christmas celebration but anyway you can help me out with a trip. I want to go to Sea World San Diego and The San Diego Zoo in May I live in Florida and don't want to drive clear across the Country for a long amount of time. So when is the best time to get a deal on plane tickets, round trip?

I will inbox you. Can't talk about this openly.

OK, help me out here. I have been around a long, long time, however, I have no idea what "furry-oriented" means. Can someone let me know, because the whole thing seems to be hinging on that concept.

OK, help me out here. I have been around a long, long time, however, I have no idea what "furry-oriented" means. Can someone let me know, because the whole thing seems to be hinging on that concept.

The vastness of furry fandom cannot be explained adequately here. One must Google furry fandom for themselves. (There is a Wikipedia page, if that helps.)

Let's just say it is not something that is Disney friendly. As the poster above me said, you will need to look up the term furries to get the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!