No Rain In Our Forecast--Wishes Farewell Tour--April 2017 Trip Report COMPLETED

For some crazy reason I let her talk me into riding it with her. o_O
:goodvibes

We were both soon nervous we could puke
:crazy2:

We talked about anything and everything to avoid thinking about the ride.
:laughing:

We even made friends in the line who were trying to ease our minds.
:rotfl:

They even offered to sit with us and hold our hands .:rotfl2:
:bitelip::bitelip:
I4130, post: 57983619, member: 554872"]Literally when we went to the pre-show area my stomach was turning flips[/QUOTE]
:bounce:
Sorry but I HAD to do all that because I was laughing so hard reading this!

I actually enjoyed it way more than I thought!
And......WHO told you that you'd like it????? ;)

I had to share my excitement with @ariane37 because she had given me grief about being a chicken and not riding it.
That's right! And I was very proud of you. Next time we're down there together I fully expect you to ride it with me x10!!

qSoOjJM.jpg

Awesome picture! So much Disney joy!

We played around with the create your own Magic Band computers. I didn't realize there were so many options but it was pretty cool and I may eventually buy one.

I've never tried this. It sounds fun! Maybe we'll check it out when we need a break in the A/C.

G0ngvXr.jpg

The family I rode with was pretty fun. It was the little one's first ride. I think he ended up enjoying it for the most part.

Aww that's cute! It's hard to tell from the picture whether the younger kid is terrified, or having fun, or both.

Now if you have read any of my other reports you will know I have said I will NEVER get back on TOT. I rode it once when I was 11 and was terrified. I've wanted to get back on it but never could work up the courage.

I'm also too chicken to ride this one!! Understandable!

As I was talking to them I noticed the crowd getting excited and then I realized I was in the middle of Characterpalooza.

No way!! How lucky! Your pictures are great :)

We started talking about riding TOT and she was pretty nervous. For some crazy reason I let her talk me into riding it with her. o_O After all these years I can't believe I was going to get on that crazy contraption again. We made our way through the FP line. For some reason they were only honoring FP and no standby at this time. We were both soon nervous we could puke. We talked about anything and everything to avoid thinking about the ride. We even made friends in the line who were trying to ease our minds. Nothing was helping. They even offered to sit with us and hold our hands .:rotfl2: Literally when we went to the pre-show area my stomach was turning flips. Ahhh finally we got seated in the back row with our new friends. Megan was on the edge and I sat next to the new friends. Megan held on to the bar on the edge and then we held hands while holding on to the bar in between us. I didn't take our new friends up on their hand offer so I settled for the bar in between us. EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK
3qPpm1Z.jpg

We survived!!!! You can't really see us or the fear in our eyes buttttttttt we were there. hahahahaha:rotfl:

Congratulations!! You must have felt like a million bucks! Was it as bad as you were expecting?

And......WHO told you that you'd like it????? ;)
I know I know.....:sad2:

I've never tried this. It sounds fun! Maybe we'll check it out when we need a break in the A/C.
It was a great way to pass some time while cooling off!

Aww that's cute! It's hard to tell from the picture whether the younger kid is terrified, or having fun, or both.
I'm pretty sure after we got off he said he loved it but wouldn't be riding it again for this trip. :rotfl:

Congratulations!! You must have felt like a million bucks! Was it as bad as you were expecting?
Not near as bad. I didn't even close my eyes the entire time. :rotfl2:

Way to go riding ToT!!!! :) They definitely should pass out stickers or something like, "I survived!!!" :)

Awesome that you just stumbled onto Characterpalooza, too!! I have always wanted to do it but never succeeded so far. Max is one of my goal characters to meet someday!

Following along
Glad to have you! :flower1:

Way to go riding ToT!!!! :) They definitely should pass out stickers or something like, "I survived!!!" :)

Awesome that you just stumbled onto Characterpalooza, too!! I have always wanted to do it but never succeeded so far. Max is one of my goal characters to meet someday!

Yes they should! I mean it is such a big deal hahaha
I probably would have skipped it that second time around buttttttt I seen Max and I had to go! I loved Goof Troop when I was little!

Try the Strawberry Cupcake...It's delicious!

I finally caught my express transportation ride back to MK. I was on the verge of missing my FP for Splash so I decided to change it to Buzz since that is where my bus let off at. I told Chelsy to go ahead without me and I would just ride Buzz and then we could meet up for dinner.
So here is my official non galactic hero photo!
ZAIFgNx.jpg

After Buzz I headed in the direction of BOG where I met Chelsy out front and we checked in. We had originally not made this reservation when we booked the trip. I had ate here back in Nov but it wasn't a have to for this trip. We had decided on Monday we would search for a Liberty Tree Tavern reservation for later in the week. When we searched MK dinner for this Thursday we happen to see a BOG that fit in perfect with out plans. I went ahead and booked it hoping to talk Chelsy into eating. After two years of me trying to get her here she broke down and agreed to it. :goodvibes So moral of the story...keep checking for hard to get reservations and keep nagging your travel buddy to try new things! :rotfl:
We had a short wait before we were called. I was hoping to be sat in the ballroom or west wing. We were sat in the room with Belle and the Beast in the center. It wasn't my favorite but we did get to move around and look after dinner. Our waiter wasn't anything to write home about. He didn't seem to care to be there at all but that didn't ruin dinner.
I took this cute little picture while waiting on our waiter.
mxRgMEU.jpg

I decided to branch out and try something different this time. I had the braised beef for the first time.
bj7fww3.jpg

It was yummy! Way better than the steak I had had previously. Chelsy had the steak and she said it was very good as well.
The dessert cart came around and I knew I could not leave with out having a strawberry cupcake! I even talked Chelsy out of the grey stuff and into the cupcake. She was very happy with her selection too.
ZRC17dS.jpg

It is my favorite Disney desert in all of the land.
After we waddled around the castle to take in the sights we got in line for our picture with the beast.
dgBqSo2.jpg

For some odd reason my photo turned out like an awkward prom photo. :rotfl2: Being the good sport I am I will share with you all.
FGT9IZi.jpg

I promise I did not pick this pose nor approve of the lighting in here but it is what it is. :confused3

Anyways...We took a few more pictures on our way out.
PZxOH7D.jpg

w5jO8d7.jpg

It was just now dark by the time we exited.
O1vF4qy.jpg

We used out FP+ for 7DMT before finding a spot for Wishes.
8EbHpEF.jpg

72K3Yz7.jpg

JFDuFP3.jpg

These are some of my favorite photos of the show. I love how the kids were sitting on parents shoulders and just in awe of the Fireworks. True Disney magic! I may or may not have shed a tear by this point because I knew this was the second to last time that I would ever see Wishes. #Wishesfarewelltour

After Wishes we took a right turn from all of the mass of people heading out of the park. We had a special ride in mind...
2rAA8IX.jpg

There was nobody in line when we got back to the station and there was still quite a bit of time before park closing so we asked for another spin. They graciously let us ride again without exiting. The people in front of us did the same.
U8hU396.jpg

Finally it was almost closing time so we made our way to the front. I was't hungry by any means but I NEEDED a Mickey Rice Krispie. I am pretty sure up to this point I had't had one yet. So NEEDED was not an understatement. So I got one. :angel:
4c9f447.jpg

0FjmCgn.jpg

All was right in the world again. We caught our bus back to Pop Century and were in bed pretty soon after!

Next up Last Day Blues...

It's funny how hard to get ADRs can open up like that! Glad you had a nice dinner. Your picture with Beast DOES look like a prom photo! Just needs to be framed and put on your mantle :rotfl:

Nice Wishes pictures!

Very cool that you got to stay on Splash without getting off!

Doesn't matter if you're not hungry- you always need to make sure you squeeze in all the favorite Disney snacks!

I had the braised beef for the first time.
Wow that does look good, now I wish I'd tried that last week.

For some odd reason my photo turned out like an awkward prom photo. :rotfl2:
LOL it truly does! I'm also not a big fan of the Beast's new head :rolleyes: I liked the previous look before the movie came out. Chris even noticed last week which surprised me but I guess he pays attention sometimes!

Fun evening! I swore I had commented on your characterpalooza update, but I guess not. Sometimes I read and fall asleep and maybe dream of comments, lol!

I would love to nab a BoG for Sept, that I've had zero luck! Y'all got in good. That cupcake looks so good! We had a special of the masters cupcake, which was (maybe is?) only served at lunch, super delicious!

Wishes, is it wrong that I'm sad I'll never see it again? I mean HEA looks great, but wishes was special, that little voice, I mean come on!
LOVE your kids photo, btw, very sweet.

It's funny how hard to get ADRs can open up like that! Glad you had a nice dinner. Your picture with Beast DOES look like a prom photo! Just needs to be framed and put on your mantle :rotfl:
hahahaha I know right?!?!?!
LOL it truly does! I'm also not a big fan of the Beast's new head :rolleyes: I liked the previous look before the movie came out. Chris even noticed last week which surprised me but I guess he pays attention sometimes!
I did too! Confession...I still haven't seen the new movie!

Fun evening! I swore I had commented on your characterpalooza update, but I guess not. Sometimes I read and fall asleep and maybe dream of comments, lol!

I would love to nab a BoG for Sept, that I've had zero luck! Y'all got in good. That cupcake looks so good! We had a special of the masters cupcake, which was (maybe is?) only served at lunch, super delicious!

Wishes, is it wrong that I'm sad I'll never see it again? I mean HEA looks great, but wishes was special, that little voice, I mean come on!
LOVE your kids photo, btw, very sweet.

I do the same! I especially have trouble because I read a lot of everything on my phone but it is so dang hard to comment using my phone so i forget to go back and comment..

Hopefully a BOG will show up for y'all. At least maybe your little family can nab one since its easier to do them in small groups!
I am super sad I won't see wishes again! And you are right that little voice gets me everything. Honestly I am still mourning over the loss of MSEP and Celebrate the Magic!:guilty:

Wishes...The End...Part 1!

Ahhh as I write this and thinking back to this day I am super sad! Mainly about Wishes but I hate those last Disney days. They are the worst! Nothing to look forward to except the miserable drive home. :guilty:

Anyways we started our last day changing our plans from going to Epcot to hitting MK for early EMH. We were up super early and out the door. We were not feeling the buses this morning and didn't want to drive so we took an Uber to the Contemporary and walked to MK. We walked up Main Street and took a few pictures for the day. It was still a good 10-15 mins before EMH even started.
69njiwO.jpg

We fell in line with the mass crowd of people to head to 7DMT. Judge us if you will but we love the ride and going first thing in the morning!
5bLSszl.jpg

I hadn't rode Space Mountain at all this trip and I really wanted to go before the line got to big, so we split. I am really not sure what Chelsy did because of bad note taking but I ended up in line with a group of 4 other girls. The CM put me on their ship so when it was time for the picture I didn't want to be the only odd ball so I followed suit with their poses :rotfl2:
gPWUjFz.jpg

I met back up with cheesy and we decided to head to Phillarmagic since we hadn't done it this trip. As we were walking to it we noticed the Step Sisters were out and didn't have a line. For some unknown reason I can't find my pictures. There were no Photopass people with them so we used my camera. If I had to guess they are still on my SD card. They were a hoot as always.
Finally we made it to Phillarmagic then to Small World since we had yet to do that one also.
ch1c7CH.jpg

At some point we rode Haunted Mansion because I have this picture of us in the front.
mUytL2u.jpg

After this we really wanted to go see Gaston so we headed that direction. He had a short line already waiting so we joined in. We chatted with the people in line for a bit before he came out. He was not the best Gaston we had so far but he was still pretty good.
7IBTzpo.jpg

iWzonvW.jpg

My niece Fin has been into Beauty and the Beast big time lately so I sent this picture to my MIL to show her. She was beside herself and couldn't believe I had met Gaston! I just LOVE Disney through a little ones eyes! I know eventually when Nick and I have kids I want to start taking them pretty early so I don't miss out on seeing them meet the "real" characters.
I had already decided I wanted to have lunch at Pinnochio Village Haus to have one of their Flatbreads. Chelsy decided she wanted to go to Epcot to ride Soarin' again. We parted ways and both had decided to meet back in the room for a nap since we had intentions on staying out late.
I shopped around for a bit while she headed for the Express Transportation to Epcot. Did you know PVH didn't open until 11am for lunch. I was getting HANGRY!
While waiting around I noticed some faces I had't seen in awhile.
BfPaOJn.jpg

I have a picture when them from the 90's but hadn't seen them out in the past few trips. Mom was excited to see this picture because they are her favorite. She found my old autograph book from my first trip and they were some of the first to sign it. :goodvibes
It was finally time for lunch and at this point I wasn't even concerned with taking a picture. I had the standard Pepperoni Flatbread. It was just as good as I remembered. :thumbsup2
I down Main Street and towards the exit to catch a bus. It was a short wait for the POP bus. Once I got back to the resort I took the scenic route to see some of Pop's sites. It was a long walk back to the room and I was almost regretting it because it was HOT!!! Like 90+ :crazy2: It was supposed to rain at some point midday but the clouds in the sky were few and far between. I was feeling every bit of the heat. I did manage to get some cool pictures around the resort though!
pGixiJE.jpg

FR8rU6T.jpg

ZVxxznd.jpg

CRn7OBK.jpg

I made it back to the cold cold room and settled in for a nap. I had to turn on a little Stacy TV though since I wouldn't see her much after this day.

Wishes the End Part 2

Chelsy made it back for a nap shortly after I did. We set our alarms for a short nap so we could take in more MK time. We woke up and got ready to head out. I decided I was going to grab supper at the QS at Pop. We hadn't even ate at the food court all week and noting at MK really sounds great. I ended up getting the child's Pot Roast Meal. It was a cheap option that came with 2 sides and a drink. I had mashed potatoes, grapes and a water to go with it.
tB5gGIZ.jpg

It isn't the best looking meal but it was pretty tasty. As we were finishing up I noticed Pop had an ice cream station. I am a sucker for a hand dipped ice cream cone. We had some time to spare before the bus got there so I had a small vanilla ice cream and saved the grapes for later. I mean really...ice cream or grapes...the decision is obvious while in Disney. The only sad part about this was I was just now realizing the ice cream station was there. Note to self...check out all food courts at the beginning of the stay. :rotfl:
We bussed back to MK. We had decided on the way that since it was still hot out we wanted to see Monsters Laugh Floor. But first pictures...
ByOlkC9.jpg

While we were walking to Monsters we notices a photos photographer with this cute frame!
dLj2agM.jpg

Finally we made it to Monsters.
A7otKNU.jpg

It is one of my favorites!
Since it was still pretty toasty out we didn't want to be in the heat too much and decided on a spin on the People Mover. We got stuck for a good 20 mins or so in various locations. Even got a slight case of whip lash. After we got off of the People Mover it was time for our FP+ on 7DMT.
vNcfRFB.jpg

We still had the extra 2 FP to use. We realized we hadn't done Jungle Cruise so we booked it to Adventureland. We had a good skipper this time around and was pleased with our cruise. :thumbsup2
Next we done standby for Pirates and had a short wait. Then it was time for our BTMRR FP+. It was getting dusky outside and we knew we wanted to get a good spot for Wishes so we headed to the hub. We still had a little bit of time and decided to have a snack at Casey's. Judge me again if you will but I really wanted a Chili Cheese Dog since I knew it would be September before we got back. :jumping1:. So I had one. Rest assured I couldn't finish 1/2 of it but it hit the spot!
We found a few spots in around the Partners Statue and soon after we were packed in like sardines. Honestly I hadn't ever seen a crowd for Wishes that was that many people. I am sure the limited amount of time it had left factored in. And here it is...some of the last pictures I took of Wishes. Pardon me as I have a moment of silence.

cf6BDsm.jpg

GIq2jIw.jpg

6P0jLfW.jpg

7yMGduQ.jpg

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

As of now I still haven't seen Happily Ever After so hopefully I will love it and can find a special place in my heart for it. :confused::confused::confused:

Anywho....We had out last FP scheduled for Splash so we set out towards the mountain. I had to savor this ride too since it is going to be closed for September.
czBPkcy.jpg

We still had a bit before park closing so we wanted to hit Haunted Mansion one more time. I love the atmosphere at night here. It adds the extra creep factor in!

After HM we had one extra FP to use and you might guess where we used it at....7DMT! Shocker!

We took our time leaving the park and snapped one final picture before we left!
mu6gipS.jpg

There were a lot of people leaving at the time we were so instead of the bus we opted for an Uber. We had them pick us up at the Contemporary. Now we have had some sketchy drivers before but this one started out pretty fun but ended up being creepy when he asked for our numbers... I told him my husband wouldn't appreciate it. I wanted to say ummmm no you are creepy but at this time i was still in the car and we hadn't arrived at our destination yet. :eek: Don't worry we made it back safely and hopped out as fast as we could at the main building. :thumbsup2

We noticed this cute little backdrop set up in the main building so naturally we used it.
1Msasph.jpg

hSXsd7G.jpg

It was a long sad walk back to our room but we discussed how great of a trip it was and how we couldn't wait to come back!

We packed up our things and had a long ride back home early the next day. It took us a little while to actually book the September trip but as I write this I am at 19 days until Disney!:dancer:

All in all April was a great time to go! We didn't have extreme crowds, and for the most part it was great weather. Just HOT the last few days. And oh yeah....NOT A SINGLE RAIN DROP!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading along and hope to see you on my next adventure!!!!

Last edited:
Judge you I will not! SDMT is such a fun ride! I've never done it a rope drop but I bet it's so cool having that be your first ride of the day!

Suzy & Perla!! Anytime anyone posts of them meeting them I get super jealous! I want to meet them so badly and it never works out for me!

That PP frame in front of the castle is so cute, I've never seen that!

Great Wishes pictures! Looks like you had a great viewing spot, I love how the Walt statue peeks out in the corner!

3 rides on SDMT- what a great day!

I'm glad you guys had a great trip! I hope you have a wonderful time in September, definitely going to go follow you on IG right now!

She was beside herself and couldn't believe I had met Gaston! I just LOVE Disney through a little ones eyes!

Oh, this brought tears to my eyes!! I LOVE Disney through the eyes of little ones, too!!! There is just nothing else like it. Someday when you bring your own kids you will bawl your eyes out, I'm sure :) That's what I did!!

Oh, beautiful!!! ALL THE FEELS!!!!!!!

as I write this I am at 19 days until Disney!:dancer:

WOO HOO!!!!!! I am still 129 days away :-/ I'll be following along on IG!! I should really have made my IG name the same as my DIS name....I'm metalgirljack on there.

I did too! Confession...I still haven't seen the new movie!
WHAT? It's beautiful! I even bought the DVD :love:

We fell in line with the mass crowd of people to head to 7DMT. Judge us if you will but we love the ride and going first thing in the morning!
Well since it's Steve's favorite ride lol, we went to it with the masses first thing during EMH earlier this month. It was a bit of a job getting there but we ended up walking right on so it was worth it!

we noticed the Step Sisters were out and didn't have a line. For some unknown reason I can't find my pictures. There were no Photopass people with them so we used my camera. If I had to guess they are still on my SD card. They were a hoot as always.
Oh man! One of these days I'll meet them :(

After this we really wanted to go see Gaston so we headed that direction. He had a short line already waiting so we joined in. We chatted with the people in line for a bit before he came out. He was not the best Gaston we had so far but he was still pretty good.
Ew he is a weird looking Gaston. I still haven't met him, either. We tried this month but when we got there his line was cut off. He was coming back out in 20 minutes but we didn't feel like waiting.

While waiting around I noticed some faces I had't seen in awhile.
Cool! I met them years ago when Ricky was little but that's it!

As of now I still haven't seen Happily Ever After so hopefully I will love it and can find a special place in my heart for it. :confused::confused::confused:
I liked it a little better this month than I did in May, but....................still not nearly as much as Wishes. I do hope you love it though; most people seem to.

but this one started out pretty fun but ended up being creepy when he asked for our numbers.
:lmao: I'm sure Nick didn't think that was funny but that's what you youngsters get for using Uber :rotfl:

We packed up our things and had a long ride back home early the next day. It took us a little while to actually book the September trip but as I write this I am at 19 days until Disney!:dancer:
And now you're less than 19 days :banana: Loved your report!

:cool:
Suzy & Perla!! Anytime anyone posts of them meeting them I get super jealous! I want to meet them so badly and it never works out for me!
We were hoping the Fairy Godmother would've been there but I was pleasantly surprised!

That PP frame in front of the castle is so cute, I've never seen that!
They had a lot more frames out this time. I am excited to see what they will have for Food and Wine and hopefully the Halloween party will have one.

I'm glad you guys had a great trip! I hope you have a wonderful time in September, definitely going to go follow you on IG right now!
Thanks for following! I hope to post a lot about Food&Wine, MNSSHP and Pandora!

WOO HOO!!!!!! I am still 129 days away :-/ I'll be following along on IG!! I should really have made my IG name the same as my DIS name....I'm metalgirljack on there.
Thanks! I hope to do a mini TR via pictures on there!

WHAT? It's beautiful! I even bought the DVD :love:
Carol has it for the girls, I just need to find time to borrow it.

:lmao: I'm sure Nick didn't think that was funny but that's what you youngsters get for using Uber :rotfl:
Nope. Let's just say I didn't even tell my mother.:cool:

And now you're less than 19 days :banana: Loved your report!
14 to be exact!!!! party:It is coming fast!

Love your trip report looks like you had a blast.
Oh and super excited to see the mention of CMAFest, I'll be heading there next year for the 1st time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter