No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

IMG_9393_zpsvwyzz9j6.jpg

This makes so little sense to me, like I physically cannot wrap my brain around it. Okay, so you go under(?) it to reach Sunshine Tree? If you're going under it then what's the point? Ugh, I'm so confused!!!!! lol

Really liking your trip report- I'm a solo-tripper myself and love reading other people's experiences. It's actually kind of funny, I'm planning a trip very similar to yours (solo, AKL, 1st week of May). How were the crowds during the time that you were there?

Ah the Emporium does look pretty sad with the scrims on top! But you got some great castle shots and PP pics!

Glad you enjoyed the welcome show, sounds like you were already off to a great start!

It was just so weird! I've never seen one up in such a prominent location with no decoration painted over it. I did not understand!

It was a great start! I was surprised by the low key feeling in the park before the welcome show. Such a departure from the "real" way with the good show out front. I wish there was a way to keep the train station show from before while also doing the early opening of Main Street.

Have a great weekend looking forward to more MK :goodvibes

Thank you!! Tomorrow I should be able to get rolling with more!

:laughing: my eyebrows always seem to go above my sunglasses when I take pictures.

haha yes I love them both! The song that came on was actually from Rent :rotfl:

I wanted to find it when it was on tv, but the first one never seems to be!

I always plan to and never get to because it's too hot! We tried to take in more when we went in Dec.

We've never gotten a cowboy!

I agree it was so ugly! And I didn't hear anything about it either beforehand.

The bigger the shades the better, in my opinion:

LOL!

Hooray Rent! I think it was in 2008, maybe 2009, when I saw Rent at the Fox in St. Louis when original Roger and Mark went out on the tour. It was amazing!

Freeform went through a phase where it felt like they played Cars every weekend, but I haven't seen it on there in forever. Hopefully you can catch it soon. It's really cute.
Getting the cowboy felt like a lottery win - I think we've had it twice since 2014, otherwise it's always the gangster.

I hated the brown scrim :crazy2: I just pretended like it wasn't there. I didn't spend much time over there because I didn't want to look at it!!

Sad view with the scrim. How un-Disney-like of them! But the castle still shines in all her glory <3 I know I need to give the new welcome show more of a chance, but I soo miss the show at the train station. I guess I don't adapt well to change. Looking forward to more MK!

I miss the old welcome show, too. The new one is pretty pointless outside of getting to see all the characters out on stage. Thank goodness for the castle! I feel like it's probably going to have the crane up when I'm there in October. Boo.

I love the B&B topiary.... my fave of all!

The quintessential Epcot experience.....I love it too!

I enjoy DHS too. I'm visiting it twice this summer on my solo trips and have lots planned, including several new experiences.

This is just the best sight ever........fun T and ears too!

This is my favourite area of the park for hidden Mickey hunting. There are some really hard to find ones right at the entrance to Adventureland.

Looking forward to hearing more!

The B&B topiary was so beautiful!! I just love looking at their faces, it amazes me how intricately they can design them!

I'm excited about the new night show and I STILL haven't seen the Star Wars galactic spectacular. There's always so much to go back and see...I love that about Disney parks!

Hidden Mickey hunting is one of those things we never spend much time doing, but we are always like excited little kids when we find them!!

How do they not have AC in dorms? Crazy pants.

Hehehe

What?? When did this happen? I wonder if it was because of the drought or it is permanent?

Loving the report!

Oh, I know! No a/c does not compute in my southern half of the US brain!!

I don't know why they took the fountain out. I had read another report with a picture of it as a planter and was hoping it was just temporary...maybe that will end up being the case??? I hate it not as a fountain :sad:

Thank you!!

Mine also :love: I still love it although I'm not afraid to say a little less so with Maelstrom gone and the huge crowds it draws now.
We totally missed these topiaries and we had TWO F&G trips :faint:
Again, me too :love: I listed HS, well, MGM as my favorite park for years. My two favorite rides are there and I adore(d) the Old Hollywood theming. I am sad that seems to be going away, especially as I'm not a SW fan however I understand why that pretty much needs to be. And I was devastated when the Animation Academy closed!! And then again when they got rid of Mulch, Sweat and Sheers! Now I'm sad again :( One of my favorite lines from any park-related...."thing" lol is "the Hollywood that never was and always will be". Speaking of, they just introduced a new nighttime projection show at HS, snuk it in last week, have you seen the reviews? I watched it on YouTube and while it's not anything ground breaking it did bring me back somewhat to that Old Hollywood feel :goodvibes

However it does have a downside..............

We had her last month!! We also seem to get the gangster scene like, 9 out of 10x.

:rotfl2:

Yuck, it wasn't there on the 19th! Well there was still a scrim, but it was a painted facade of the Emporium so actually much better. They make those painted facade scrims look pretty darn realistic!

Oh man, what IS her name :scratchin We've stopped and watched her and the guy over by the Sword in the Stone a few times, and then during our Marceline to the MK tour just a couple weeks ago she came over and chatted with our guide and he said her name, but I just can't remember.............

Maelstrom. #NeverForget. I'm still bitter about it being removed. I love the look of the Wandering Reindeer and the Somerhaus, but I really miss the old fashioned feeling of Maelstrom (and of Rio del Tiempo in Mexico...even though I love Fiesta Tour!). Part of the charm of the world showcase to me is the not-so-glossy picture perfect attractions like the movies, and those two old rides. I get the need for updates, but that's one thing I don't mind staying the same. I will be so sad when they inevitably change Impressions de France.

I hope they never touch Hollywood Blvd and Sunset at DHS, because I would be so angry at the loss of the Hollywood theming there. I agree about the Star Wars Creep that's going on...and I love star wars! I just wish it was contained in its own little area instead of splashing across the park right now. I get why, but I feel like it needs to be more compartmentalized. Hopefully that'll be fixed when the section opens at the park.

I have not read many reviews of the new show, but it looks like something I would enjoy. I'm struggling with planning evenings for October, and I hope I can get it worked in somewhere. I just have no idea how my mom is going to feel at the end of every day...she has a lot of energy and likes to go, go, go, but her medication doesn't always allow for her to do as much as she wants.

And what a downside it is...bleh. (i was sad I couldn't get into scifi as a party of one at the last minute!!)

Woohoo lady gangster! I'm glad she's getting to work a lot, I thought she was great!

I'm glad the scrim was painted when you were there, it was so ugly! There was also a plain brown one up at the monorail station at MK, too. I think I have pictures of that in another update. I remember taking one quickly at least! I've never seen them up and unpainted, it was so strange!

Congrats on completing your oddessy. Despite the food and rooms, glad it otherwise went well.

Loving all your WS photos. With the kiddo in tow we never seem to have time to really look around and take it in, so really appreciate the time you took to do that. Speaking of appreciate, hope all the selfies stick around. Loving them!!!

Food aside, looks like a great night in MGM. I gotta admit I'm a bit of a hater, but we did extra magic night hours on the last trip and with less people and a park we could check out in fairly short order I may have appreciated it slightly more :P

What is that disaster of the emporium? I've never seen them do such a poor job of covering construction up

Thank you!! It was quite the experience, that's for sure!

It was so nice to take in so many of the details in the WS! It was a different way of touring that part of the park...I missed the shops a little, didn't spend any time shopping there really, which is a lot different from family trips. Haha, the selfies will definitely stick around. I'm not sure if they get any better or not, but I think there's at least one where I actually get the whole castle in there with me, LOL!!

I was blessed with VERY low crowds at DHS, which always makes that park more enjoyable. I just always seem to feel the magic there, and it's so pretty at night!

Oh my gosh, right?? WHY did they leave it plain and ugly?? It was that way the whole week I was there and I did not understand. I agree - I've never seen any construction so obvious and gross before!

This makes so little sense to me, like I physically cannot wrap my brain around it. Okay, so you go under(?) it to reach Sunshine Tree? If you're going under it then what's the point? Ugh, I'm so confused!!!!! lol

It was super weird! It was like a tent or something, they had the end open for you to go under for the line. Disney scrim people were losing it this week between this and the ugly brown one on Main St!

Really liking your trip report- I'm a solo-tripper myself and love reading other people's experiences. It's actually kind of funny, I'm planning a trip very similar to yours (solo, AKL, 1st week of May). How were the crowds during the time that you were there?

Thank you, welcome aboard!

The crowds were AMAZING during the week this year! I noticed an uptick as the weekend drew closer and more cheerleaders were out and about in the parks, but otherwise it was super manageable. I could get extra FPs easily and wait times were manageable anyway. Also, being alone, I think that what crowds WERE there, I was kind of oblivious to, because it was just me and I wasn't trying to drag my whole family through them. I thought it was the lowest crowd level I've seen in the past three years. And AKL is wonderful for a solo trip!

SCRIM CITY!

That is odd that you had to go under the one at Sunshine Tree... hope the weather doesn't rain on your parade! :rotfl:;)

That scrim looks terrible. I'm glad that it was painted by the time we got there on the 21st. It seems like some section of Main St has been covered for at least a year.

I'm excited about the new night show and I STILL haven't seen the Star Wars galactic spectacular. There's always so much to go back and see...I love that about Disney parks!
We had been to Disney three times since that show premiered and I still hadn't seen it. Either no one wanted to go or it was just too rainy or we had dinner reservations - what ever - and I was determined to finally see it in May. I ended up going by myself since my husband wasn't interested. I loved it. We are big Star Wars fans and I loved seeing all the movie clips. :)

SCRIM CITY!

That is odd that you had to go under the one at Sunshine Tree... hope the weather doesn't rain on your parade! :rotfl:;)

It really was :sad2: And for the life of me, I just cannot understand the Sunshine tree one. I can't imagine huddling under there with and ordering, it had to have been HOT. It's the whole reason I never got a citrus swirl this trip!

LOL! We're getting close to parade time, did you just predict something?? Time will tell...

That scrim looks terrible. I'm glad that it was painted by the time we got there on the 21st. It seems like some section of Main St has been covered for at least a year.

We had been to Disney three times since that show premiered and I still hadn't seen it. Either no one wanted to go or it was just too rainy or we had dinner reservations - what ever - and I was determined to finally see it in May. I ended up going by myself since my husband wasn't interested. I loved it. We are big Star Wars fans and I loved seeing all the movie clips. :)

I'm glad they had it painted when you were there. Painted scrims don't bother me because most of the time, if you're just casually glancing at it, they aren't all that distracting. At least it shows some effort.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one to miss Star Wars several trips in a row! Something else just always came up, or we were tired, or whatever. I'm happy to hear you loved it!! I want to see it...I'm not sure if my mom will be into it when we go in October, but I'll either drag her along or tell her she can stay at the resort!

Odyssey of the Mind world finals
Ahhh I did this in elementary school, I didn't know it was still around :)

3am is an early wake up call!
Ugh. Tuesdays are my old lady bedtime nights. When we don't work weekends at my job, we start at 3am on Monday. I'm usually all messed up that day and end up staying awake until a normal-ish time, but then Tuesday comes and I get home from work and fall asleep :faint:

Topiary starters!! I wanted one (or several) so badly, but I knew there was no way I could figure out how to get a soggy, wet, plant thing on an airplane.
I want one just seeing your picture! I wouldn't even have anywhere to put it, let alone getting it home lol

I think a solo trip would be great, just doing whatever suits you... I don't think I can get away without my fiance because he's as big a fan as I am :) And when you put us together, we have trouble not falling into this mindset:

do-all-the-things1.jpg

ETA: OMG, I tried to break your thread! I fixed it now!
Can't wait to hear more!! Also, my selfies are much more awkward. My profile pic one is probably the best I've ever taken, and it's probably because I have ears and sunglasses :rotfl2: :earboy2:

Last edited:

Monday!!

I've just realized an added benefit to writing this TR...I will be less likely to lose track of what day of the week it is! It's summer break, and I lose track of my days all the time. I even woke up at 8am :-)scared1: ) today, which NEVER happens. I feel like I've missed out on half my day.

Saturday we signed paperwork for buying my jeep. I had to compromise on color and had to choose one offsite at a different dealer (They didn't have a sahara unlimited with the top I wanted there) so it won't be here for a few more days. I will show it off as soon as I get it, although it will just look like any other jeep you see on the road. I will have to carry a real key around again, which will be weird after just keeping the Acura one in my bag and never taking it out. You might want to start taking bets on how frequently I'm going to misplace them, it could earn you some cash.

Otherwise, it was an uneventful weekend. More rain here, keeping us from doing some things outside that we had planned. DH didn't think it was a good idea for me to climb on the roof and powerwash the one tiny section of our house that isn't brick in the middle of a torrential downpour. Eh. I said it wasn't lighting, what's the big deal??

Anyway, it's time to get another Disney update rolled out for you!! When I left off, I had just gotten in line for my first ride of the day...Pirates of the Caribbean!! It's one of my all time favorites...how many times would I ride it this week?? I was hoping Johnny Depp would pop up here like he did California so...

Chapter Three Part Two

I have to admit, my pictures fall off a bit here, I guess I was just focused on getting places!

Pirates was walk on, so it didn't take much time to get through the line. This was my first encounter with someone who acted annoyed by my being alone. When the CM asked how many in my party and I said "just one", she rolled her eyes and said, "Well, you're probably going to have to ride with another group."

No kidding.

I just smiled really big and said, "Great, thank you!" and she looked at me like I was an alien. Maybe I AM an alien?? You'll never know...

No pictures here because they never come out very well with darkness and movement.

I DID end up sitting with other people, a younger couple that were nice and we talked for a bit. They were wondering about getting wet and I said I was sorry if I ended up scooting over and clinging to the girl to avoid water...she said no problem, she'd done it to someone else before :rotfl2:
They were the kind of people you want to sit next to!

I survived the burning towns and pirate attacks, talked that dog into handing over the keys, and made it safely out of the Caribbean!

Time to keep moving!

Where was I headed??

Big Thunder with no wait.

See? I told you I hit the pause button on pictures...I actually remember stopping and going, "Oh, I need to take a picture of what I am doing for the report!"

It started sprinkling while riding, which was kind of fun!

I considered riding again because there was still no line, and then I considered Splash, but it was kind of chilly and damp, and I decided to just wait and come back later with my fast passes.

I left the mountains and made plans for my next stop...Still no people in the area:

You can see the sky is not looking too friendly...where do you go when it's a little spooky out?

Haunted Mansion!

I really want to take more time to photograph this line. I either feel rushed b/c there's no line and I need to keep moving, or it's too crowded and I can't get the shots I want.

This was one of those 'feeling rushed' days, because we all just walked up and on.

When I found my way out of the mansion, narrowly avoiding getting my head lopped off by the bride (anyone else giggle with glee when she says, "I do...I did"??), I stepped outside and realized it was starting to rain a little harder. I popped into Momento Mori really quickly, because I wanted the slip on shoes with the wallpaper print, but they didn't have any.

My fast pass time was open for Seven Dwarfs, and I checked the app to see if it was running b/c of the weather...it was.

I made my way to Fantasyland, and the rain picked up some more, so I decided to...

take a little sail around the world.

In my other reports I usually go on and on about how much I love Small World and the message it sends, so I'll avoid that this time. But I really do love it so much!!

I took video in here rather than photos, I guess I was thinking of instagram opportunities, LOL!!

When the ride was over and I dried my tears (yes, I tear up on IASW!), I went on over to my first Fast Pass attraction of the day, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

I also found out where all the crowds were hiding:

(Still not bad, honestly!)

My hair was still down!

The little boy I rode with had never been on the ride before. His mom and sister were behind us. He was telling me how much he liked the Barnstormer and that he'd been on Big Thunder but didn't like it as much...I told him this was right in the middle of the two and he would have a great time. He was very talkative and super adorable.

When the ride was over, half the sky was blue and half the sky looked like something out of your worst Disney nightmare. I was getting hungry, but it was an awkward time, right around 10:45. So I decided to sit down right here:

and come up with a plan. I had just about convinced myself to head over to Captain Cook's at the Poly when I decided to check the app instead and see if there were any reservations open in the park. Lo and behold, I found a table for 11:05!

But where?? It's a secret for now.

I was texting back and forth with DH, sending him pictures and stuff, and I remember saying I had about 20 minutes to kill. I was really hoping the rain would hold off until I made it to lunch. The sky was a little scary:

(yes, another ugly construction wall...didn't like the way the carousel looked all boarded up.)

Where I was sitting, I could watch the Fairy Godmother doing her meet and greet. When she went off duty I waved hello to her and she stopped and said hello and told me she loved my ears and shirt. Thanks, FG!

Rather than just sit still on my bench, I decided to pass the time waiting for lunch by taking a few pictures around the area.

Gaston was on a break when I was over there, but the line was SUPER long for his next set. I was planning to meet him if the line was reasonable, but it was NOT. When we met him in 2014 his popularity wasn't quite as high and his lines weren't that bad. Not the case anymore!

I had managed to take up enough time to go check in for lunch...can you guess where I found a table??

Yep. Be Our Guest, table for one found and food ordered only 15 minutes in advance. Can't beat that luck, can you??

I didn't take many pictures, but I sat in the ballroom:

When I got inside, it began POURING rain outside. I had made it just in time, thank goodness! All of the two top tables in the ballroom were all against the wall closest to the entrance, so that's where I camped out.

My food showed up within about 10 minutes or so

I went with the coq au vin style pork (anyone else think this is such a weird description considering "coq" in French is rooster? I get that they're talking about the style of the dish, but it still makes me laugh every time!)

This was sooooo good. I was incredibly happy to finally have a good meal!! My food luck seemed to be changing!

I finished lunch and when I got outside, I was even more grateful for the last minute reservation. It had rained so hard while I was inside that the standing water puddles hadn't had a chance to disperse yet. I decided to leave Fantasyland for awhile, but not before snapping some pictures of the scenery along the way.

I was planning to go see the Carousel of Progress, but when I got over there it was temporarily closed. It was beginning to sprinkle yet again, so I ended up here:

In line for the PeopleMover, the perfect place to duck out of the weather for awhile!

This is where I'll leave you for now...DH just called and the jeep dealer went to put in the dealer transfer for my jeep and apparently it sold over the weekend. I said, "Yes, it did sell - to US." I am incredibly annoyed right now, so I should stop typing and go handle this. Bleh.

Have a good day, Friends!

When the CM asked how many in my party and I said "just one", she rolled her eyes and said, "Well, you're probably going to have to ride with another group."

No kidding.

Jeesh! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the pirate ship this morning! Maybe they have people come in and say they're a party of one just to try to get a row to themselves or something? Weird.

I really want to take more time to photograph this line. I either feel rushed b/c there's no line and I need to keep moving, or it's too crowded and I can't get the shots I want.

If it's not one, it's the other. I never get good queue pictures for this reason, which is a shame since the theming is really great in some of them.

The little boy I rode with had never been on the ride before. His mom and sister were behind us. He was telling me how much he liked the Barnstormer and that he'd been on Big Thunder but didn't like it as much...I told him this was right in the middle of the two and he would have a great time. He was very talkative and super adorable.

His face doesn't seem to show much excitement in the photo, so I was a little worried. But that's great!

I was really hoping the rain would hold off until I made it to lunch. The sky was a little scary:

Holy smokes!

This is where I'll leave you for now...DH just called and the jeep dealer went to put in the dealer transfer for my jeep and apparently it sold over the weekend. I said, "Yes, it did sell - to US." I am incredibly annoyed right now, so I should stop typing and go handle this. Bleh.

What the heck?? Good luck...

I went with the coq au vin style pork (anyone else think this is such a weird description considering "coq" in French is rooster? I get that they're talking about the style of the dish, but it still makes me laugh every time!)
That's my favorite dish. I know nothing about the French language but I always pronounce coq as Coke. It actually tastes like pot roast to me. ;)

I finished lunch and when I got outside, I was even more grateful for the last minute reservation. It had rained so hard while I was inside that the standing water puddles hadn't had a chance to disperse yet. I decided to leave Fantasyland for awhile, but not before snapping some pictures of the scenery along the way.
We had a lucky escape from the rain during our June 2017 trip. When we came out of BOG the people waiting line line were mostly drenched.

In line for the PeopleMover, the perfect place to duck out of the weather for awhile!
PeopleMover is a great place to duck out of everything. ::yes::

DH just called and the jeep dealer went to put in the dealer transfer for my jeep and apparently it sold over the weekend.
I hope you get your Jeep back.

I don't get CMs acting annoyed when you're a party of one. Is it an inconvenience for them? Makes no sense! :confused3

What a great morning you were having! Love that you made a little friend on Mine Train!

That sky looks so ominous! Makes for a cool picture, but not so cool when you're actually there in the park haha

Love all your Fantasyland pictures!

Woah, how awesome snagging a reservation at BOG!

Ugh good luck with your jeep issues!

Just found your report and am really enjoying it! Sounds like you're having an awesome solo trip. I had about a day or so on my own as part of my trip earlier this year before my friend arrived--it was surprisingly fun! That's fantastic that you were able to get a near-immediate reservation for BOG. Can't wait to read the rest!

It's summer break

Soooooooooooooooooooo jealous. We have 14 more school days (we get out the 23rd). Though I mean I realize you guys go back earlier than us, and I won't be jealous then, but right now? Yup, super jealous. lol.

They were the kind of people you want to sit next to!

So, basically the opposite of the kind of people I somehow end up sitting next to on Pirates? lol!

THIS IS A TRAVESTY! Mostly because we all know how much I love my carousel.

(anyone else think this is such a weird description considering "coq" in French is rooster? I get that they're talking about the style of the dish, but it still makes me laugh every time!)

YES! lol me, all the time!

I said, "Yes, it did sell - to US." I am incredibly annoyed right now,

.....I hate people.

Oh my gosh.. I swear as soon as I saw the IASW picture, my first thought was "she's going to tell us about her love for the ride.." AND YOU SKIPPED IT! I can't decide if i'm proud of disappointed ;) LOL JUST KIDDING!

you had a fantastic first few hours at MK! you're making me debate scheduling an MK day when I surprise my mom in july with a trip!
only time will tell.

excited to see what's in store for the rest of your day.

AND DANG IT WHY CAN'T YOU JUST HAVE YOUR JEEP?!

Jeep update...

they found one for me at yet another dealership, this time in the color i originally wanted (rhino - because OF COURSE i want the color that is an animal!! I had settled for black on Saturday) with everything else just how I'd picked it except the tow package. Truth be told, the tow package is a non-issue, I will not be pulling a boat with it, but it was the PRINCIPLE of the thing. If I DO choose to tow a boat, I want to be able to, gosh darn it. Crossing my fingers that the dealer transfer turns out in my favor today and this one actually gets here!

I have this horrible feeling that it's going to arrive and it's not going to be right and I will end up on the news.

I'll come back and quote a little later...Xavier is going on his first maybe-a-date tonight to the movies :crazy2::crazy2: Mentally preparing for that.

I plan to dominate.
This is an excellent plan in general, for most things. ;)

I hurried and scurried inside to be greeted with my very first glimpse of the Magic Kingdom of the trip!! I could not WAIT for this moment, the best moment of any trip in my opinion.
YES!!!!!!! Even since Epcot took over as my favorite park, nothing, nothing beats walking into MK for the first time each trip :cloud9:

DH didn't think it was a good idea for me to climb on the roof and powerwash the one tiny section of our house that isn't brick in the middle of a torrential downpour.
He's sounds completely unreasonable. :rotfl:

I survived the burning towns and pirate attacks, talked that dog into handing over the keys, and made it safely out of the Caribbean!
Wow, busy day already!

Crossing my fingers that the dealer transfer turns out in my favor today and this one actually gets here!
Fingers crossed!

And hope you survive the maybe-a-date night...

Pirates is such a fun ride, it is one of my favorites.

Good rain dodging on your MK am.

BOG pork dish is so delicious, I tried for the first time in February and loved it.

I hope you get the right Jeep!

Jeesh! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the pirate ship this morning! Maybe they have people come in and say they're a party of one just to try to get a row to themselves or something? Weird.

If it's not one, it's the other. I never get good queue pictures for this reason, which is a shame since the theming is really great in some of them.

His face doesn't seem to show much excitement in the photo, so I was a little worried. But that's great!

Holy smokes!

What the heck?? Good luck...

She sure did! It's not like there was a giant line behind me five minutes into the work day, either. Maybe her dog got lost or she hit her head on her car door and was grumpy about that...or maybe she was just a jerk, LOL!

I know! I'm going to make it a point the next time the line is low to not give into pressure and just tell people to go around me. I think I'm conditioned for the Disney World Rush, because I would catch myself hurrying to get somewhere when I really had all kinds of time and no one to tell me otherwise!

Haha, I looked back at the picture and he didn't look very thrilled, did he? But when we got off he immediately told his mom he wanted to go again, and you should have seen her face...because the line was over an hour long. I have a feeling they didn't go back that day!

I was so mad! But it turns out our local dealership was pretty mad, too. The place they were going to be bringing it in from told them it was available but was also in the process of trying to sell it to a customer themselves. It was coming from over 100 miles away...now my new one is coming even farther.

That's my favorite dish. I know nothing about the French language but I always pronounce coq as Coke. It actually tastes like pot roast to me. ;)

We had a lucky escape from the rain during our June 2017 trip. When we came out of BOG the people waiting line line were mostly drenched.

PeopleMover is a great place to duck out of everything. ::yes::

I hope you get your Jeep back.

I pronounce it the same way! I had French for three years in high school, and I can read it decently but speaking it is a whole other animal!! I never mastered that at ALL. I agree that it tastes like pot roast...adding even more confusion to the coq/pork situation :rotfl2:

I'm always grateful for a lucky rain escape. A couple years ago we did NOT have that luck and just decided to go with it and tramp through the rain.

I don't get CMs acting annoyed when you're a party of one. Is it an inconvenience for them? Makes no sense! :confused3

What a great morning you were having! Love that you made a little friend on Mine Train!

That sky looks so ominous! Makes for a cool picture, but not so cool when you're actually there in the park haha

Love all your Fantasyland pictures!

Woah, how awesome snagging a reservation at BOG!

Ugh good luck with your jeep issues!

I didn't understand either! My being alone had no effect on how her day was going to go, so I'm just going to assume she was mad about something else. Or maybe my face was just offensive to her in some way, LOL!

My little Mine Train buddy was super cute. He liked hearing that my boys enjoyed the ride, and thought it was funny i left them home while I came to Disney World...but didn't think it was so funny when his mom joked about doing the same thing!

The sky really freaked me out! I was so afraid I'd get caught in the downpour...I was not prepared for rain that day, I swear it wasn't in the forecast because I was not expecting it and I'm usually glued to my weather apps like a crazy person.

I couldn't believe I got that reservation!

Just found your report and am really enjoying it! Sounds like you're having an awesome solo trip. I had about a day or so on my own as part of my trip earlier this year before my friend arrived--it was surprisingly fun! That's fantastic that you were able to get a near-immediate reservation for BOG. Can't wait to read the rest!

Welcome to the report, I'm happy you're here!!

Much like your solo days, I found it surprisingly fun! I was so happy that it wasn't as lonely or isolating as I was afraid it would be. My emotions were so up and down that last week leading up to the trip!

I still can't believe I found that BOG reservation! It was meant to be, I guess! Good Disney luck for sure!!

Soooooooooooooooooooo jealous. We have 14 more school days (we get out the 23rd). Though I mean I realize you guys go back earlier than us, and I won't be jealous then, but right now? Yup, super jealous. lol.

So, basically the opposite of the kind of people I somehow end up sitting next to on Pirates? lol!

THIS IS A TRAVESTY! Mostly because we all know how much I love my carousel.

YES! lol me, all the time!

.....I hate people.

14 more days :faint: I felt like this school year lasted forever. In the past couple of years, they've worked in more vacation days throughout the year and we actually get out about a week later than we used to. We go back August 16, so I will be jealous of you when that date rolls around!!

I got a few bad people on Pirates too...I think these people were there to balance out the cranky CM!

I also hate people. I only like about 12 of them :rotfl:

Oh my gosh.. I swear as soon as I saw the IASW picture, my first thought was "she's going to tell us about her love for the ride.." AND YOU SKIPPED IT! I can't decide if i'm proud of disappointed ;) LOL JUST KIDDING!

you had a fantastic first few hours at MK! you're making me debate scheduling an MK day when I surprise my mom in july with a trip!
only time will tell.

excited to see what's in store for the rest of your day.

AND DANG IT WHY CAN'T YOU JUST HAVE YOUR JEEP?!

Haha!! I can launch into a detailed explanation just for you if you want :rotfl:I thought I would spare everyone my ramblings this time around. I didn't even mention the side eye hippo or judgy giraffe, so bonus points, LOL!

I really felt like I was doing great at MK that morning! I also felt like I was moving very fast...I remember thinking at one point that I would finish doing everything super early, how would i ever make it to the evening??

I finally DO get my jeep!! And in the color I wanted! But it's coming from even farther away and they can't guarantee it'll be here by Friday :sad: I'm impatient!

This is an excellent plan in general, for most things. ;)

YES!!!!!!! Even since Epcot took over as my favorite park, nothing, nothing beats walking into MK for the first time each trip :cloud9:

He's sounds completely unreasonable. :rotfl:

Wow, busy day already!

Fingers crossed!

And hope you survive the maybe-a-date night...

Oh yes. We are a very competitive family (well, at least DH and I are! The kids aren't quite as bloodthirsty as we are), and I loooove to win (and I did, by the way, even though it was not my best showing bowling wise. By twenty pins 8-) )

He is unreasonable! I could totally have climbed up there and been FINE, lol!

Jeep is now confirmed...our dealership even said that if for whatever reason the dealer transfer of the new one falls through again, he'll order directly from the factory. They were very apologetic, even though there wasn't a way they could have controlled what happened. They weren't very happy with the other dealership it was supposed to transfer from. Hopefully everything goes well this time around and it gets here soon!

Last night was tough, dropping my not-really-a-baby boy off at the movies with a GIRL. At least she's a nice girl. I'm still not sure about the official "date" status, but it WAS just the two of them and he bought her ticket.

Pirates is such a fun ride, it is one of my favorites.

Good rain dodging on your MK am.

BOG pork dish is so delicious, I tried for the first time in February and loved it.

I hope you get the right Jeep!

Meeee too! I never get tired of it. The part when you go down the drop and end up in the big room with the ships firing at one another is my favorite part. Like, HOW did they get that giant ship in the building?? I love it!

I was feeling pretty slick with my rain dodging moves!

BOG pork is probably the best lunch menu item by far! I have never been so happy to see green beans in my LIFE. I was in desperate need of real food!

Fingers crossed my new one should be here in a few days!!

BOG pork is probably the best lunch menu item by far! I have never been so happy to see green beans in my LIFE. I was in desperate need of real food!
I felt exactly the same way about the green beans the first time I had that dish. Who would have thought that green beans could bring so much happiness. ;)

Hello again!

So, jeep drama is solved it seems...hopefully it'll be here by Friday but no guarantees. My first car ever was a little cranberry colored Geo Tracker that my friends called my Barbie jeep. Since then, my dream car has been a jeep wrangler, but it's never been practical. It's still not practical now, but at least the Unlimited has a backseat, right?? DH ended up with a giant truck so now he's the family car driver and I will be free of that title outside of hauling kids to and from school. The best part is...I can leave all of my stuff in the front seat of my car and never have to move it! Because no one will be sitting there!! And I won't have to share it with anyone!! DH will not have to drive it ever. I know that's a dumb thing to be excited about, but I don't care!

And we all survived the is-it-a-date-or-not thing from last night. X is two months from being 14, but I like to pretend he's about 6. Six year olds don't date. Actually, I'm not into the 14 year old dating either, but this was a pretty harmless situation. He has been talking to this girl a LOT all year...on the phone (yes, actual phone calls!) every night for at least an hour. He went to see Everything, Everything (aka, Bubble Girl), so he must really like her. I'm not sure what the situation is, but he did pay for her ticket. I'm not ready for any of this.

But moving on to Disney stuff...here's a little more of my MK day!

Chapter Three Part Three - I can't escape the snoring, even on vacation

So I was in line for the People Mover to keep out of the rain...Remember a few months ago when some lady sued Disney b/c she was injured on the People Mover and everyone was like, "Lol, it's so slow, how does that even happen??" Well, I was sitting there messing with my phone and we went around one of the curves and it threw me sideways and I whacked my head on the side, so...don't sit with your legs crossed in the middle of the seat because it goes faster than you think :rotfl:
I'm pretty sure I heard someone laugh at me.

Here's the result from me messing with my phone though:

It was for a good cause, gotta have those people mover shots, right??

My favorite part is going through Space Mountain and hearing the screams from the riders and knowing they're only going 35 mph or something (even though it really does feel faster!)

Here is a picture of Tomorrowland I actually took BEFORE getting in line for the People Mover but forgot to share...it's nothing special but I pulled it out to include so I don't want it to feel left out:

Picture quality goes away again here...

It was still rainy so I changed my Big Thunder fast pass to one for Buzz Lightyear:

Once again I did not end up with pictures on this ride but was too lazy to fill out a request form.

After Buzz, I stayed in Tomorrowland for...

It was a funny trip to the Laugh Floor. All of our audience participants were into it...well, That Guy wasn't at first, but then he began to embrace it!

The sky was clearing up finally, and I headed out of Tomorrowland.

Awkward Selfie on Bridge:

I never seem to be smiling in these?? Selfies are so stressful. (although part of me is so glad they're all awkward, giving me a theme, LOL!) But I ended up with the whole castle in this one, so it's a win!

Also note, hair is no longer all down. I realized once I had the braid going that I didn't bring a regular hair tie, I only had the ones that look like a coiled phone cord. Those are awesome for messy buns and ponytails, but are not great for tying off braid ends.

I was on my way back here:

to catch Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire (Is that the right name?? I'm not googling it right now.)

Once again I was right up front for the show, which made me feel super VIP. The music began, and a voice started to speak and then...*scratchy mic noise* and silence. Then an announcer saying, "Due to technical difficulties, we will not be showing MRFF at this time" or something, but they went ahead and brought all the characters out to sing a song.

SO exciting to see Tiana in her flapper outfit with Naveen and Louis!

It was disappointing to miss the show, but I was still happy to see all of the characters out dancing.

I decided to head back toward Adventureland/Frontierland for my next fast pass, but took a couple of detours along the way.

There was a noticeable uptick in crowd level, but wait time was still low for...

Pirates round two!

I was texting with DH after this and making him jealous of my next planned stop...

Oh, and I REALLY found the crowds now:

I have no idea why Adventureland was so crazy at this moment! Everywhere else was pretty reasonable.

It was time for that stop DH was jealous of:

It was the biggest dole whip float ever! I couldn't even take a picture before I had to scoop up and eat the edges, it was overflowing!

While eating, I considered the Tiki Room, which is another favorite of mine (it's been my ringtone for several months), but ultimately decided to go ahead to my fast pass destination:

Splash was probably my number one can't miss ride for this trip, considering it will be down for refurb when I'm there in October. That makes me so sad, because I really, REALLY wanted to get my mom on it!

Can't resist a few onboard photos:

As we came around the corner before the Slip 'n Falls, there seemed to be a backlog (I'm soooo hilarious).

I had a bad feeling about this, and texted DH that I was stuck on Splash right next to Br'er Bear's cave...which was emitting a loud snoring sound. DH snores. My dogs snore. One of the best parts of this trip was sleeping with NO snoring all night long...and here I was stuck next to a snoring bear!! It figures.

Before long, we saw CMs coming up the stairs saying they were here to rescue us! They made everyone put their phones away...and one of them was kind of rude to me because I had mine in my hand. I asked her very sweetly where exactly she'd like me to put it, considering I had no pockets, and after that she told me keeping it in my hand would be fine. A woman in front of me had hers out and was on it the entire time and they didn't say anything to her, so I'm not sure why I was treated as a problem child when mine was off and held down to the side.

That same guest who was on her phone also was not watching her child and he almost fell trying to climb back INTO the log. Then a wasp flew by us and she almost stepped off the side and into the water because she screamed and jumped back. And she would not quit asking the CMs about replacing her fast pass, even though they told her it would be taken care of after we were no longer on a slippery wet narrow ledge next to water.

I wasn't a fan.

Anyway, we were led down the stairs and through a tiny bit of backstage, where we were greeted with a line of CMs handing us paper fast passes and bottles of water and apologizing profusely.

Personally, I thought the whole experience was pretty cool!

And I just realized that the FP was good all the way through the end of May!! I'm really sad because I never used it, what was I thinking?? Ugh.

This is where I leave you for now!! More MK adventures coming up soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter