No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

Hello hello!!

I will come back and catch up on quotes later, I promise, but right now I thought I'd get out the last part of this chapter.

On the home front, we've caved in and admitted defeat - a crew is coming to finish removing the old wood floor and install the new this week. Tomorrow actually...on X's bday. He's not super thrilled about that, but I AM thrilled to be only a couple days away from finished floors and no more looking at this ugly concrete subfloor with our furniture all out of order.

Last night we went to see Postmodern Jukebox and Straight No Chaser. It was really great. I like PMJ most of the time, but after seeing them live, it changed to LOVE. If you even sort of enjoy their music, see them live - they are incredible. Plus Casey Abrams was with them, so...:love:

My first PTO meeting of the year is Thursday, along with Welcome Back Teacher Breakfast that morning...oh, and also back to school night for 6th grade. I wish Thursday would catch fire and burn. I am not ready for it!!

Monday will be back to school night for 7th/8th grade, so I'll be busy that night too...then school starts NEXT WEDNESDAY. How can this be?? Will I finish my report before school starts and get a PTR started for October?? I have no idea!! I make FPs for October in 8 days. I've been trying to come up with plans. Most park day plans can be shifted easily, but it's that darn AK day and the elusive Flight of Passage fast pass that's messing with my head. Once I plan AK, I'll have to keep it pretty set in stone. But that's a problem for another day.

Today, it's time for...

Chapter Six Part Six

I made it back to AKL and headed on up to my room. Sadly, this was hanging on my doorknob:

Boo! Hiss!! Nobody likes you return Magical Express!!

I hung around in the room for awhile...I know I talked to DH for a bit, at least via text. Maybe facetime or a call?? I did nothing exciting and have basically no memory of it.

Eventually I went down to the buses so I could make my way to Disney Springs. I had a DisMeet with @Raeven tonight!!

My bus was empty again, and I sat in pretty much the same spot as my return trip from Epcot. Kind of eerie...

I got to Disney Springs and had some time to kill before meeting up, so I wandered for a bit, and made sure I remembered where Jock Lindsey's was.

I did.

I didn't have any real goal in mind when I started walking, I just figured I'd walk around and see if anything caught my eye.

This guy DEFINITELY caught my eye:

He's one of those things that I will always take a hundred pictures of every trip, no matter what.

I also admired some window displays...I wish there wasn't a glare on them so you could see them better!

I knew I had to stop in the Marketplace, because it has all of the best stuff!! I visited the Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane or whatever it's called, because I was hoping against hope they'd have the Tiki Room dress in stock.

They did not.

I found a few things I liked, but didn't think I'd ever wear. One big negative was the sizing. They were out of all sizes except those that were way too big, or super duper tiny.

You all know by now that I have four dogs, and I am a little obsessed with them. (more than a little obsessed with them, really, if I'm being honest) Being away from them is hard for me, so I did see this little treat that made me happy:

Is that not the cutest?? I resisted the urge to go scoop him up and run away, and just sent DH a picture of it instead.

One of the best parts in the Marketplace Co-op is the WonderGround Gallery. There is always amazing art in there, and I always want ALL of it. This visit was no exception. A couple of things I sent pics of to DH:

The Chewbacca makes me laugh every time I see it!

Up next was...

where I fell in love with these stained glass villain things:

During my wanderings, Raeven had checked in via text to update me about what they were doing, and we adjusted our meet up time. I'm getting bored talking about my window shopping so let's speed things up.

A couple more things I found along the way.

This awesome photo op background thing:

This hilarious cocktail napkin:

They were at Sugarboo and Co, where I could have spent a LOT of money!

and the Sprinkles vending machine, which I totally planned to stop at when I was leaving Disney Springs and then *spoiler alert* forgot

I also spent some time in Uniqlo, including a few tense moments when I couldn't figure out how to get back downstairs b/c they had the down escalator closed off for maintenance. I wasn't the only one, several of us were confused, and were eventually led to the elevator way back in a corner. You'd think they'd have like, signs up or something directing you toward it, since the store was busy and the escalator was blocked off.

Enough of this!! It was finally time to meet up with Raeven and Josh, who had survived a stop and go Uber ride with a creepy driver who was telling Raeven how much she smelled like strawberries or something.

I was so excited to meet them and hang out for a bit!!

A lot of you also read Raeven's reports, and you already know all of this, have seen pictures and the vlog, so I'll keep it short and sweet!

We just kept getting into trouble by the JL staff. We tried to close doors, we moved chairs...we were sooo rebellious.

I don't think the people who worked there were our biggest fans.

If you are looking for a really cool theme for a bar experience, I'd still recommend Jock Lindsey's, even if they do have our pictures up somewhere on a "do not serve" list!

The drinks were ok, I think I'd get something different next time, but I had Reggie's Revenge: Florida Cane 'Orlando Orange' Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, White Cranberry Juice, and fresh Lime Juice

It was fine, nothing special. Definitely not as tasty as the description made it sound!

and Raeven had the Cool Headed Monkey:Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice

I was jealous of the Monkey tumbler!!

In the background you can see Josh's Aviator Flight (I think??), hat, and sunglasses.

Here's our Awkward Selfie:

which isn't really awkward at all except for my arm being in a weird place?? Raeven has her perfect selfie face on, as usual :-):-)

While we were there, @chunkymonkey and her DH stopped by, and it's a shame we hadn't met here on the Dis before then, because if this meet up were to happen NOW, it would be a DisMeet of epic proportions!!

Here is the wonderful thing about DisBoards:

You really do meet new friends here that extend beyond Disney!! Without these boards, I would never have crossed paths with Raeven at all, and that would be so sad, because who else am I going to text about Riverdale or Pretty Little Liars, or sketchy apartment maintenance guys??

I know I would have a great time hanging out with so many of you, and that's part of what makes visiting these boards so awesome :grouphug:

Raeven and Josh had dinner plans at Homecoming (I will NEVERRRRR drop that 'g'!) and on the way out I also got to meet @DexLabDeeDee as they headed over there. When they made the ADR back in the planning stages, Raeven asked if I wanted to come along, but at that point I had a fast pass for Illuminations that I was stubbornly clinging to.

Obviously, that FP had changed a couple times since then (to soarin', then to frozen), and even as we said our goodbyes, I wasn't sure where I was going to end up that evening!

Would I stick with the original Illuminations plan or go for that one last chance at Wishes??

I decided to just go to the bus stop and roll the dice.

I got in the bus line for the Poly, thinking I could easily go to Epcot or MK from there. There were a few people in line already, so I hopped in to wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And the line was growing behind us. I waited for more than 20 minutes, then, a bus to Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary pulled up at the stop next to us. Me and the people in front of me decided to go get on that bus instead.

As soon as I boarded the bus, which was standing room only, and the doors closed, an empty Poly bus pulled up. Figures.

I was stuck on the Contemporary/WL bus, standing, and it was filled with Dance Moms. Or cheer moms, whatever the case may be. They were DRUNK and loud. It was like a Real Housewives of New Jersey kind of situation. They were so obnoxious, and were being really mean and catty while talking about girls from other teams than the ones their daughters were on.

We got to the Wilderness Lodge first, and I bolted off the bus as soon as the door opened.

It was already after 8pm. It had taken over an hour to get to the WL from the time I'd left Jock Lindsey's.

After the craziness of the bus, I was happy to be in my favorite place in all of Walt Disney World. I went into the Lodge and spent some time in the Mercantile (I kind of wanted a sweatshirt, it was chilly!!) and lobby before going outside and walking to the boat dock for the launch to Magic Kingdom.

Wilderness Lodge will forever and always be my home sweet home! I've been away for too long!! Until last December I'd never stayed anywhere else, and now October will be three trips staying other places. I need to get back!

I walked to the dock, and saw a boat there so I hurried to make it before pulling away. I got closer and noticed it wasn't even half full, and was relieved. As I approached the area right where they stop the lines, the captain looked up at me, and latched the rope to close off entry, and started pulling away.

**pretend there's a gif here of Dean Winchester being confused. it keeps telling me my files are too big and won't post **

Deja vu from the bus stop, a bunch of people got in line behind me, also annoyed and shocked that the boat launched without us.

Empty water. More waiting.

Here's where another interesting moment occurred. The other boat line was growing, too, and the people in the front of that line were a mother and teenage son, speaking French. Their boat pulled up, and the captain was yelling at the son telling him to get back behind the rope (not yelling in a mean way, yelling to be heard over the boat noise and everything). The son and mother were both ignoring him and continuing to talk to each other in French.

I assumed it was just a language barrier, even though eye contact and hand motions should have gotten the point across, but the lady behind me must have had the same thought, because she tapped the son on the shoulder, pointed to the "do not cross the line" sign and the line/rope and said, while motioning with her hands, "He needs you to move behind the line and off the rope."

The woman speaking French whipped around and began chewing that lady out IN ENGLISH now, telling her to keep her hands off her son, and going on about how she didn't need stupid Americans instructing her son on what to do, etc...

It was so awkward and uncomfortable, and I was just so taken aback that I couldn't even step in to say something, which I probably would have done ordinarily, to stand up for the lady being yelled at.

It was so, so weird!! Why they didn't listen to the boat captain in the first place, given that they both obviously knew what he was saying, or why the mom felt the need to berate the woman who was just trying to help, is beyond me!

Anyway, at this point I'm starving, because I hadn't had anything to eat since Epcot, and that was just a few bites of the burnt ends hash and a macaron. All I wanted was to go to Casey's Corner and find a spot for Wishes.

Unfortunately, nothing was going my way, and by the time the boat to MK finally arrived at the Lodge and made it's way across the lake, Wishes was about to begin.

I never even made it into the park, Wishes began, and I just walked on over to the AKL bus. I got to see some of Wishes from there at least.

It was another excruciatingly long wait for what was once again, a standing room only bus back to AKL. When I got back to the resort, I went to the room for my mug and back down to the Mara for food.

It was after 10pm!! It had been more than THREE HOURS from the time I left Raeven, Josh, and Jenna at Disney Springs.

What a huge waste of time! I have never experienced anything like that while at WDW before, and hopefully it never happens again. It was just one thing after another.

So, that's how I spent my last night at Disney World. Riding buses. Woo.

Next up will be my departure day!! I had a late afternoon flight so there was plenty of time for one last park visit before heading to the airport. Will departure day make up for this last crazy night?? Stay tuned!!

Last night we went to see Postmodern Jukebox and Straight No Chaser. It was really great. I like PMJ most of the time, but after seeing them live, it changed to LOVE. If you even sort of enjoy their music, see them live - they are incredible. Plus Casey Abrams was with them, so...:love:

This sounds awesome!! Groups like them have to be awesome live because they can't get by on just selling recorded music, etc. Glad you had an awesome time!

I made it back to AKL and headed on up to my room. Sadly, this was hanging on my doorknob:

NOOOOOO! The worst!

He's one of those things that I will always take a hundred pictures of every trip, no matter what.

I do this, too. With a few things at Disney, really.

Being away from them is hard for me, so I did see this little treat that made me happy:

Oh my goodness doggy my heart ahh! Look at his little Mickey thing!

Enough of this!! It was finally time to meet up with Raeven and Josh, who had survived a stop and go Uber ride with a creepy driver who was telling Raeven how much she smelled like strawberries or something.

I remember this story! Wild! But yay for Dismeets!

which isn't really awkward at all except for my arm being in a weird place?? Raeven has her perfect selfie face on, as usual :-):-)

It's a great selfie! And @Raeven is getting a well-deserved reputation around these parts for her mad selfie skills!

I assumed it was just a language barrier, even though eye contact and hand motions should have gotten the point across, but the lady behind me must have had the same thought, because she tapped the son on the shoulder, pointed to the "do not cross the line" sign and the line/rope and said, while motioning with her hands, "He needs you to move behind the line and off the rope."

The woman speaking French whipped around and began chewing that lady out IN ENGLISH now, telling her to keep her hands off her son, and going on about how she didn't need stupid Americans instructing her son on what to do, etc...

It was so awkward and uncomfortable, and I was just so taken aback that I couldn't even step in to say something, which I probably would have done ordinarily, to stand up for the lady being yelled at.

Oh. My. Gosh. How? Why? What the heck?

Unfortunately, nothing was going my way, and by the time the boat to MK finally arrived at the Lodge and made it's way across the lake, Wishes was about to begin.

I never even made it into the park, Wishes began, and I just walked on over to the AKL bus. I got to see some of Wishes from there at least.
What a huge waste of time! I have never experienced anything like that while at WDW before, and hopefully it never happens again. It was just one thing after another.

OH NO!! What a lame night!! I hope your last day makes up for this a bit!

Monday will be back to school night for 7th/8th grade, so I'll be busy that night too...then school starts NEXT WEDNESDAY. How can this be?? Will I finish my report before school starts and get a PTR started for October?? I have no idea!! I make FPs for October in 8 days. I've been trying to come up with plans. Most park day plans can be shifted easily, but it's that darn AK day and the elusive Flight of Passage fast pass that's messing with my head. Once I plan AK, I'll have to keep it pretty set in stone. But that's a problem for another day.

Good luck with back to school and FP+!! Definitely make the Flight of Passage FP first out of anything you do. If you can't get it, search further out, like towards the end of your trip and hopefully you'll be able to get it! Fingers crossed.

Boo! Hiss!! Nobody likes you return Magical Express!!

Boo indeed!

I knew I had to stop in the Marketplace, because it has all of the best stuff!! I visited the Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane or whatever it's called, because I was hoping against hope they'd have the Tiki Room dress in stock.

They did not.

I soooooo want the Tiki and Small world dresses!! I'll be on a mission next week!

Adorable!

I love Star Wars artwork and that Chewie is freakin hilarious.

where I fell in love with these stained glass villain things:

Awesome! I have never noticed that before!

This hilarious cocktail napkin:

Hahaha

I also spent some time in Uniqlo, including a few tense moments when I couldn't figure out how to get back downstairs b/c they had the down escalator closed off for maintenance. I wasn't the only one, several of us were confused, and were eventually led to the elevator way back in a corner. You'd think they'd have like, signs up or something directing you toward it, since the store was busy and the escalator was blocked off.

That's so funny! #strandedinUniqlo

If you are looking for a really cool theme for a bar experience, I'd still recommend Jock Lindsey's, even if they do have our pictures up somewhere on a "do not serve" list!

I'll be sure to check out their list of banned patrons to see if you guys are on it...:laughing:

The drinks were ok, I think I'd get something different next time, but I had Reggie's Revenge: Florida Cane 'Orlando Orange' Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, White Cranberry Juice, and fresh Lime Juice

Your drink looks a bit watered down...

Cool Headed Monkey:Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice

I had this before, it was pretty good.

Here's our Awkward Selfie:

Love it!!!

While we were there, @chunkymonkey and her DH stopped by, and it's a shame we hadn't met here on the Dis before then, because if this meet up were to happen NOW, it would be a DisMeet of epic proportions!!

OMG it would have been sooo epic!!! I'll just photoshop my head somewhere into the picture. :rotfl:
But next time if our paths ever cross...for sure!!!

You really do meet new friends here that extend beyond Disney!! Without these boards, I would never have crossed paths with Raeven at all, and that would be so sad, because who else am I going to text about Riverdale or Pretty Little Liars, or sketchy apartment maintenance guys??

I know I would have a great time hanging out with so many of you, and that's part of what makes visiting these boards so awesome :grouphug:

You really do! We all already have something in common...our love for Disney! We all love Disney so much we write about it even when we're not there! :grouphug: :laughing:

I was stuck on the Contemporary/WL bus, standing, and it was filled with Dance Moms. Or cheer moms, whatever the case may be. They were DRUNK and loud. It was like a Real Housewives of New Jersey kind of situation. They were so obnoxious, and were being really mean and catty while talking about girls from other teams than the ones their daughters were on.

OMG I would just die...it sounds like the bus ride from hell.

I walked to the dock, and saw a boat there so I hurried to make it before pulling away. I got closer and noticed it wasn't even half full, and was relieved. As I approached the area right where they stop the lines, the captain looked up at me, and latched the rope to close off entry, and started pulling away.

Noooooooo......:boat:!!!

It was so, so weird!! Why they didn't listen to the boat captain in the first place, given that they both obviously knew what he was saying, or why the mom felt the need to berate the woman who was just trying to help, is beyond me!

OMG that sounds like the world's most awkward situation. That just sucks and I feel really bad for the person she berated. Can't believe some people...

It was another excruciatingly long wait for what was once again, a standing room only bus back to AKL. When I got back to the resort, I went to the room for my mug and back down to the Mara for food.

It was after 10pm!! It had been more than THREE HOURS from the time I left Raeven, Josh, and Jenna at Disney Springs.

Oh no!!! You had some major Disney bus issues that night. Sorry for the un-magical last night! I hope the next morning is better!!

Monday will be back to school night for 7th/8th grade, so I'll be busy that night too...then school starts NEXT WEDNESDAY. How can this be??

Why do they go back to school so early?! Kids here don't go back for another month!

My bus was empty again, and I sat in pretty much the same spot as my return trip from Epcot. Kind of eerie...

Creepiest bus ride was when we went to HS one night. It was only us and another adult couple, and the driver (I assume) just started playing the Halloween theme.

Eventually I went down to the buses so I could make my way to Disney Springs. I had a DisMeet with @Raeven tonight!!

:cheer2: (I quoted this out of order).

I visited the Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane or whatever it's called, because I was hoping against hope they'd have the Tiki Room dress in stock.

That's the one I liked too.

I also spent some time in Uniqlo, including a few tense moments when I couldn't figure out how to get back downstairs b/c they had the down escalator closed off for maintenance.

:rotfl:

Yes so creepy :rotfl:

I don't think the people who worked there were our biggest fans.

Nope they weren't I'd still go back sometime just hopefully we'd get a different waiter and it wouldn't be windy.

In the background you can see Josh's Aviator Flight (I think??),

I think so!

I had a weird piece of hair sticking up that night :rotfl: I have to practice not making crazy eyes in pictures like the rest of my family.

It's true we met up with so many people that night!

It would be sad :sad: I'm so glad we've all met on here.

Raeven asked if I wanted to come along, but at that point I had a fast pass for Illuminations that I was stubbornly clinging to.

Boo I wish you'd come!

Aw :sad2:

So crazy! We had a crazy bus situation leaving HS that one night too. Most the time the buses are fine but sometimes they're awful.

It's a great selfie! And @Raeven is getting a well-deserved reputation around these parts for her mad selfie skills!

I never knew I took such good selfies until you all said so :rotfl: I've come so far since Myspace times and taking all my selfies from a weird above angle.

Love the hastag :laughing:

That is an absolute nightmare of a way to end your last day at Disney. I have never had a bussing issue even remotely close to that, and yet, I am always a little stressed and anxious the whole time we are waiting for any mode of transportation, just anticipating one of these nightmare scenarios (yes, I may suffer from High Functioning Anxiety. LOL). You seemed to have the absolute best attitude about it!! It easier to be more chill on solo trips I find.

We did the same thing last month!

Ewwww :crazy2:

Sounds so delicious!

Thanks you, THANK YOU for all the flower and garden pics! It's been years since I've gone during F&G, and I forgot just how gorgeous Epcot is during that time.

Love Spaceship Earth! It kills me not knowing when our next trip is. October isn't *too* far away for you, though!

The trains are awesome!!
Yeah, the grease bomb plate was GROSS. It made me so sad! But the slushy made up for it!
I'm glad you are liking the F&G pictures! I love seeing them when I do an update b/c they're sooo pretty. It's such a special time at Epcot.
And Spaceship Earth is the BEST!!

I know, if we could only just plug into the DisWorld, just like The Matrix! #addicted

Oh I'm so sorry! I understand a bit of what you're going through because we're redoing our floors ourselves in an apt we own - and we're trying to pry out the baseboard and it's tough! Not as tough as having to do the whole floor but just imagine how nice it'll look when it's done!

Haha same here...forgot about the egg hunt again!

I thought that was funny too! I didn't get to stop and partake in any interaction though.

Even if I don't buy anything I have to walk through and SMELL it!

I love them both!

So cute!! I love all the details!!

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice BEETLEJUICE!

Hmm yours does look rather greasy and unappetizing, but mine was rather good! It seems like a hit or miss dish.

Must try this next time!!

I'm not a huge fan of macarons in general but I love to look at them and I even made them once in a class with friends. The only flavor I like is pistachio!

It will be here before you know it! One more week for me!!!

Plugging in like the matrix would be perfect!! Or now I guess, doing the Avatar thing!

Oh I've been there with baseboards too! I did the carpet and baseboard removal for our bedroom when we did those floors in Feb. I feel like a pro at carpet removal by this point, lol!! Luckily the floor saga is almost complete (at least downstairs, I don't have the energy to think about upstairs yet!) and everything should be installed today. The guy is putting them in as we speak...while I sit at the kitchen dining table, which is now sharing space with the living room furniture in our kitchen area. I'm so ready for it to all be finished and my house to be back in order.

At least we could live vicariously through Ariane's completed egg hunt on her F&G trip, lol!!

Oh my gosh, you're right. Karamell Kuche smells sooo good!! Xavier asked for a caramel cake for his bday yesterday, and I was sad I couldn't just go pick something up from there!

There was a woman at the concert the other night wearing black and white striped jeans and I leaned over to DH and whispered "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice", and more people than I intended heard me and had a good laugh. I felt bad b/c I don't make it a habit to comment on others choice of clothing, but it's all I could think about when I saw her!!

If you're ever in New Orleans, visit Sucre and try their almond macarons. My favorite EVER anywhere. Better than any I've had...and I've had a lot.

I'm so excited to hear how your big family trip goes!!

Wow what an undertaking ripping your floors up. I'm sure it will beautiful when it's done. I'm glad Wilson got in his bed pluto:
I just love your pictures from WS makes me miss it so much.

It will be so worth it in the end...but in the meantime it's SUCH a pain!!

The good and bad about writing this TR is reliving it - it's fun to see, but makes me miss it so much!! Last night DH was saying, 'I want to go to Disney World!' and I said, "Me too!! Let's go tomorrow!!" I see us buying into DVC in the next couple of years, we don't like to be away!

It's so hard to live in the real world!! And so easy to get behind on the Dis-ing!

That all sounds like a terrible nightmare! I'm sorry for your stress!

Excellent picture! But Snow still looks like a giant...

Much better expressions from this angle!

Yum! I love cucumber and also watermelon! So this looks like an awesome find!

Sometimes you just need a little MK in your life. And I "wish" I'd seen Wishes again, so I can totally understand the pull. I wonder where you'll end up going...

Sounds like your evening is about to get very exciting! Can't wait!

The real world is no fun!! But Disney wedding world is AWESOME!!

I think the picture is supposed to make you be like a dwarf to Snow's full sized human self?? That's what I assumed anyway, it could just be a really weird photo op :rotfl2:

Love your updates...and really making me want to do another solo trip in the near future! Perhaps someday. Plus I think I need to try a macaron now. :)

You definitely need to try a macaron! At WDW I definitely recommend France over anywhere else. My very favorites are from Sucre in New Orleans, and they can be ordered online, which is both amazing and dangerous! We have a local place here that just makes macarons, nothing else, but I always forget to go by there when we're nearby. A few of our local bakeries make them and they're ok if I'm having a major craving, lol!

SO many beautiful Epcot photos from this afternoon! Sounds like you had a nice time strolling through WS!

I wish I could just live in the WS. Or at least live in the castle and hop on the monorail for easy access to the WS. I'm not picky:rotfl:

I meant to do it too oops

It does! I heard if they put Brazil in the World Showcase they might have to do away with the trains :eek:but I hope that doesn't happen.

Mine was gross too!

Aw I'm jealous mine wasn't very good but it sounded like it had potential.

Poor neglected egg hunt, lol!

I would be so sad if they removed the trains!! But a new country would be really cool. Brazil works for me. I could just go drink a lot of caipirinha and be like the drunk fools @kastoney says are out wandering around during F&W :rotfl2:

I'm sad we both ended up with gross burnt ends and that your cucumber slushy wasn't awesome :sad:

Silver Dollar City Branson right? That's where DH proposed to me at Christmas time. So beautiful at Christmas time.

Been there done that on one of our flips. Very frustrating.
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FBrave1.gif

Yes!! Branson and SDC are like home to me. Branson was my actual home for quite awhile too!! It's amazing at Christmas, what a special proposal!!

I think anyone who glues floors down deserves like, a nonstop full day of ONLY doing Stitch's Great Escape or something, haha!

This is what I do all the time. It works, mostly lol.

I read that as "look down, look down" so, I guess you've paid me back for getting Les Mis stuck in your head before lol.

I cannot watch him, I get so scared!

RIGHT?????? Ugh! Though because my October trip is so short I always forget about it, whine that July is so far away, then remember October and get super happy again.

Les Mis all ways, all the time! At the Straight No Chaser show the other night, they did a medley of Broadway themed parody songs riffing on how terrible the casting was for the movie, Russell Crowe in particular. (he is NO Javert and ruined Stars!!)

I get scared too!! We halfheartedly watch America's Got Talent on the dvr, and when acts like that come on it makes me so nervous.

I hope you are having fun in Disneyland!! (I know you are!! :hyper::hyper: )

ME TOO!!! ::yes::

Omg you poor thing! The flooring situation sounds like a nightmare, indeed. :sad2:

Me, too!!! :thumbsup2

Oh I do the same thing. He's so talented, but... takes time off my life every time I watch him.

It is a nightmare!! But so close to being over!! I keep peeking over to watch the guy's progress today...he's quick! It's a ton of floor to install and he's just moving right along.

He really is so talented! I often wonder how one begins that sort of career?? "Hmm, I think I will climb high stacks of chairs for a living." Natural choice of a job, right??

This sounds awesome!! Groups like them have to be awesome live because they can't get by on just selling recorded music, etc. Glad you had an awesome time!

NOOOOOO! The worst!

I do this, too. With a few things at Disney, really.

Oh my goodness doggy my heart ahh! Look at his little Mickey thing!

I remember this story! Wild! But yay for Dismeets!

Oh. My. Gosh. How? Why? What the heck?

OH NO!! What a lame night!! I hope your last day makes up for this a bit!

They were so, so good live!! It brought a whole new life to the songs, which are cool and funky when listening to a recording, but the cast was so energetic and amazing. Plus I am low key in love with Casey Abrams, which didn't hurt anything. Pretty sure Xavier found his new favorite female performer in Ariana Savalas. Major crush on that vixen, lol!!

That lady was so out of line. I have no idea what her problem was!!

It was a crazy transportation night for sure! Never have I ever experienced anything like it and I hope it never happens again!

Good luck with back to school and FP+!! Definitely make the Flight of Passage FP first out of anything you do. If you can't get it, search further out, like towards the end of your trip and hopefully you'll be able to get it! Fingers crossed.

Boo indeed!

I soooooo want the Tiki and Small world dresses!! I'll be on a mission next week!

Adorable!

I love Star Wars artwork and that Chewie is freakin hilarious.

Awesome! I have never noticed that before!

Hahaha

I'll be sure to check out their list of banned patrons to see if you guys are on it...:laughing:

Your drink looks a bit watered down...

I had this before, it was pretty good.

Love it!!!

OMG it would have been sooo epic!!! I'll just photoshop my head somewhere into the picture. :rotfl:
But next time if our paths ever cross...for sure!!!

You really do! We all already have something in common...our love for Disney! We all love Disney so much we write about it even when we're not there! :grouphug: :laughing:

OMG I would just die...it sounds like the bus ride from hell.

Noooooooo......:boat:!!!

OMG that sounds like the world's most awkward situation. That just sucks and I feel really bad for the person she berated. Can't believe some people...

Oh no!!! You had some major Disney bus issues that night. Sorry for the un-magical last night! I hope the next morning is better!!

Yes, fast pass for FOP is objective numero uno next week! AK is day four, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

I hope you find those dresses!! They are my favorite ones. I also like the black HM one, because it could pass as a "regular" dress more easily I think. Because I'm a terrible, weird, morbid person, I would totally wear it to a funeral

The Chewie looks like a hysterical little fur lump and I love it!!

OMG, now I need to play with my photoshop, LOL!!

The bus ride plus the crazy yelling lady was not a great back to back combo AT ALL. Topping it off with the Wishes miss...I felt like I had been hit with a curse, LOL!

Why do they go back to school so early?! Kids here don't go back for another month!

Creepiest bus ride was when we went to HS one night. It was only us and another adult couple, and the driver (I assume) just started playing the Halloween theme.

:cheer2: (I quoted this out of order).

That's the one I liked too.

Yes so creepy :rotfl:

Nope they weren't I'd still go back sometime just hopefully we'd get a different waiter and it wouldn't be windy.

I think so!

I had a weird piece of hair sticking up that night :rotfl: I have to practice not making crazy eyes in pictures like the rest of my family.

It's true we met up with so many people that night!

It would be sad :sad: I'm so glad we've all met on here.

Boo I wish you'd come!

Aw :sad2:

So crazy! We had a crazy bus situation leaving HS that one night too. Most the time the buses are fine but sometimes they're awful.

I never knew I took such good selfies until you all said so :rotfl: I've come so far since Myspace times and taking all my selfies from a weird above angle.

Love the hashtag :laughing:

We get out in May...although this coming school year they don't get out until almost June, which is not what we're used to. We used to get out earlier in May but they go later now because they keep giving us random days off in the middle of the year. I'd rather get out earlier than have a full week for Thanksgiving.

You deserve all the selfie hype!! I still like to take mine from a weird above angle, lol! It hides my double chin. But gives me a giant forehead. My selfie game is not strong.

Surely we could manage a visit to Jock Lindsey's without that crazy wind!! That was nuts! And the waiter guy was a grump!!

I love all of my DisFriends!! :grouphug::hug:

I wish I had come to dinner too...that bus/boat stuff was a nightmare.

(I did not do a very good job replying to these quotes, I keep having to scroll up and the man is hammering the floors SO LOUDLY.)

That is an absolute nightmare of a way to end your last day at Disney. I have never had a bussing issue even remotely close to that, and yet, I am always a little stressed and anxious the whole time we are waiting for any mode of transportation, just anticipating one of these nightmare scenarios (yes, I may suffer from High Functioning Anxiety. LOL). You seemed to have the absolute best attitude about it!! It easier to be more chill on solo trips I find.

I totally relate to the anxiety!! It was definitely easier to keep my cool while solo. If I'd been with the kids I'd have been losing my mind. Although, if they had their phones, they probably wouldn't care. I should have killed the time playing Pokemon Go...now i'm wondering why I didn't do that while waiting?? Missed opportunity to have more Pokemon than my kids!

but I AM thrilled to be only a couple days away from finished floors
Yay!!! :thumbsup2

I make FPs for October in 8 days.
O. M. G. That means your trip is getting close!!! :hyper:

Sadly, this was hanging on my doorknob
Ugh, that's seriously the worst. I hate that thing!

I had a DisMeet with @Raeven tonight!!
Yay!!! I remember reading about this :thumbsup2

So adorable.

AMAZING. :rotfl2:

We just kept getting into trouble by the JL staff. We tried to close doors, we moved chairs...we were sooo rebellious.
How dare you close the doors and move the chair! Rebellious, indeed. :sad2:

I'd still recommend Jock Lindsey's, even if they do have our pictures up somewhere on a "do not serve" list!
:rotfl: So you're saying to go, but not with you? :laughing:

I was jealous of the Monkey tumbler!!
Me, too!!!

Wow, what a night!!!

It really is :goodvibes

I decided to just go to the bus stop and roll the dice.
Typically I love this idea... but sounds like it didn't pay off for you at all :sad2:

They were so obnoxious, and were being really mean and catty while talking about girls from other teams than the ones their daughters were on.
Ugh, I can't stand people like that :furious:

As I approached the area right where they stop the lines, the captain looked up at me, and latched the rope to close off entry, and started pulling away.
I'm speechless.

:sad:

I cannot believe this. Too bad you hadn't stayed with Raeven and Josh and Jenna.

Ugh! I'm hoping your last day makes up for it!

So I thought I replied to this earlier this week, but my wifi was acting up that night and I don't think it ever posted!

We get out in May...although this coming school year they don't get out until almost June, which is not what we're used to. We used to get out earlier in May but they go later now because they keep giving us random days off in the middle of the year. I'd rather get out earlier than have a full week for Thanksgiving.

That's so weird. Kids here go to school Sep to June or May if you're in high school. We definitely don't get a full week at Thanksgiving though. But we do get a winter break that I don't think all schools have.

You deserve all the selfie hype!! I still like to take mine from a weird above angle, lol! It hides my double chin. But gives me a giant forehead. My selfie game is not strong.

:rotfl: thank you. And you don't have a double chin! Lol the above angle back then was like straight up looking to the sky I have no idea why it was cool.

Surely we could manage a visit to Jock Lindsey's without that crazy wind!! That was nuts! And the waiter guy was a grump!!

That would be nice! Without the wind I totally would sit outside, and not cause as much trouble. Our waiter was a grump.

I love all of my DisFriends!! :grouphug::hug:

:hug:

I wish I had come to dinner too...that bus/boat stuff was a nightmare.

I had indigestion so I guess that's the dining version of a nightmare? :laughing:

(I did not do a very good job replying to these quotes, I keep having to scroll up and the man is hammering the floors SO LOUDLY.)

I think you're floors are all done by now so you won't have to hear that anymore :thumbsup2

Glad you had a nice time at Disney Springs with some fun DISmeets!

Wow, luck was NOT on your side on this night with the transportation :( And how rude of that French woman! I'm so sorry your night ended like that.

Can't believe you all have to go back to school so early. We still have 2 weeks to go and for the first time ever we are starting before labor day. Is your October plan solo or are you going with the family?

OMG I need these!!! Me on a napkin

Here is the wonderful thing about DisBoards:

They really are wonderful aren't they? I used to read people's trip reports and think it odd they met in person, now I don't only meet folks, we're Facebook friends, text, etc. Disney is a great bond.

After the craziness of the bus, I was happy to be in my favorite place in all of Walt Disney World. I went into the Lodge and spent some time in the Mercantile (I kind of wanted a sweatshirt, it was chilly!!) and lobby before going outside and walking to the boat dock for the launch to Magic Kingdom.

Sorry your trip was so bad, but WL can make everything better can't it? We are 3 trips removed from it and I must correct that soon!

Wow, I almost have no words!!!! Almost at least. Rude, ignorant, and Rude again!

Sorry your last night was such a disappointment. But at least you have dismeets and another trip looming !

Hello everyone!!

Darn life got in the way again, but I will come back to read, quote, and finish up this report soon.

First day of school for the boys is tomorrow so I'm guessing my first order of business after getting them dropped off will be to hit the Dis and get things wrapped up around here!

Today was online check in for arrival night (online check in for the rest of the week in October is tomorrow!) and I was also able to make our FPs. I forgot until about an hour and a half past the window opening, but still managed to get Flight of Passage at a decent time on our AK day.

Anyway, busy busy with last minute shopping so I will talk to you all soon!!

but still managed to get Flight of Passage at a decent time on our AK day.
Yay you!!! I wasn't able to get one for my trip, and it was the first thing I did as the window opened. :sad2:

Good luck with everything you've got going on right now! Excited to hear another update, but completely understand that life has taken over ::yes:: We'll be here!

In the immortal words of Woody the Cowboy, "Let's get this wagon train a movin'!"

I hope everyone has been doing well!! Every time I open the boards I feel so overwhelmed at the thought of finishing this report up, but I can't drag my feet any longer. I don't like it hanging over my head like this, so finish it up I will!

Chapter Seven: Bye, bye, bye

Departure day.

Boo.

No one is happy on this morning, are they?? I mean, there's always the desire to get back home to your own bed, family, animals, etc...but you're leaving Disney World, so that's pretty sad!

What better way to start the day than to check out the savanna first thing??

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143888229@N08/

No one really out and about except a couple of birds. It was pretty early, I don't blame them!

The last day always lends itself to a little feet dragging as you cling to every bit of time you can. This morning, I felt like spending a little time taking in the details of the curtains in my room:

Do you see all of the Lion King pals hiding there among the lace??

The night before, after my disastrous tour of Disney transportation, I was starving when I got back to the resort. I had picked up a delicious crispy chicken sandwich and more zebra domes before going to bed...there were some zebra domes left over so that's what I had for breakfast.

I figured I would end up at Animal Kingdom on this day, but I checked MDE to see what fast passes were available.

Wow.

I wish I had checked availability the day before. There was nothing open for the morning.

I finished up what little packing I had left to do and headed downstairs.

I dropped my suitcase off at RAC and left my backpack with bell services, then headed for the bus stop.

I decided to keep my original plan and just go to Animal Kingdom. There's so much to see there without worrying about rides, so I knew I'd be able to keep busy.

The bus ride to AK from AKL takes no time at all, and soon I was there, through the tapstiles, and on my way to a jungly adventure. But first, I STILL needed to pick something up for X and DH!

I stopped to shop (and admire this pretty tile!)

I found some Stitch pajama pants for X that were perfect, called it a win, and was ready to start my park morning.

First stop...

The park was busy, but didn't seem as crowded as the lack of FPs indicated, but then I began noticing wait times as I walked along.

When it's crowded at Animal Kingdom, there's still plenty to do! I hadn't done Majarajah Jungle Trek in awhile, so that's where I decided to go.

You can't go wrong with monkeys, tigers, and dragons!

Dragons were first up:

Followed by tigers...

or at least a sign about them. I didn't actually SEE any tigers.

I admired the surroundings

and moved on to the bats:

They weren't terribly active, and they were hard to photograph, but if you look at the center of that last photo, there's one hanging around.

The bat area was crowded and lots of little kids were trying to see them, so I couldn't get very close.

Next update coming as fast as I can type it!!

Chapter Seven Part Two

The tiger forest comes after the bats

but I already spoiled things and said I didn't see any tigers, didn't I??

It's still beautiful, even without the tigers!

The light coming through this walkway was incredible

Wait...maybe I lied. I DID see a tiger:

He didn't move around much though...just kind of stood there.

I can't forget to mention the best part of this day. The weather was blessedly mild. I was so afraid of getting all hot, sweaty, and gross before going to the airport. The foliage along the trek is amazing, but on a warm day, it holds in all that humidity and can be so uncomfortable. This was probably the most pleasant walk through there I've ever had.

Moving right along...

There was a family there with a bunch of teen boys who were being obnoxious, yelling at the cows and climbing all over the rocks and fencing. The parents were just laughing and yelling right along with them. Gross.

Poor cows.

Luckily, in the aviary, people were being more respectful. Those birds live in high style!

Two partridges. No pear tree.

When a bird's house is fancier than your own house...

I certainly don't have a fountain like this in MY backyard!

Oh Asia...you are not short on beauty and detail!!

What else do you have to offer me, Asia?? I'm waiting...

Next update coming ASAP

Chapter Seven Part Three

Lots.

That's what Asia had left to offer me!

As most of you know, there was a LOT of new info that came out of D23 this summer. New rides, new experiences, new resorts...

but THIS is the resort I really want to see! Don't you??

I think the area around Expedition Everest is all sorts of magical. The lights and prayer flags make it so special.

You can see the hordes of people in that last photo near the bottom. It was getting kind of intense.

The single rider line for EE was down the week of my trip, so that was out. The standby line was about 90 minutes and zero fast passes were available. If you can't RIDE Everest, you photograph it!

As I rounded the bend past Asia, on the pathway to Dinoland, I stopped on the bridge for a couple of photopass pictures. One with a snowstorm and one with Iago. I thought I pulled them out for this, but can't find them on my Flickr stream, so just imagine them, lol!! I also enjoyed the beautiful view:

During the day, you're allowed to go inside the Rivers of Light theater, which is kind of cool. I took the opportunity to go take a million pictures. It was also the most empty, quiet places I'd seen all day. Everyone else in the park must have been in line for Everest, because I was alone in the theater.

Everything looks so pretty from here. It was like being inside of a snowglobe, looking out at the world.

One nice surprise was how close you could get to the lantern boats!

It was hard to leave! How often do you find moments of solitude like that inside a park??

Goodbye Asia!

I'm not sure what happened next...either I kept going in a circle around Dinoland and past the tree of life, or backtracked through Asia again. The reason I have no idea is because the next photo I have is:

Africa. Harambe Village. I have no idea how I got back to you, but here I am.

And with a few thousand of my closest friends:

What do you do in Africa when the crowds are out of control and you have no fast passes??

Find out next time!!

Hopefully I'll get this all finished up before next week...that's the goal anyway. Happy Friday!!

I definitely read your chapter title in tune to the Nsync song :) I am fairly certain that was your goal after all!

Wow, sorry AK was so crowded as far as wait times/FPs went! It still sounds like you had a nice time walking around though. I had no idea you could go in the ROL theater during the day- good to know!

What better way to start the day than to check out the savanna first thing??

That's how we ended our last day too!

Do you see all of the Lion King pals hiding there among the lace??

I've never noticed this! So I guess I have to stay at AKL again?

I can't forget to mention the best part of this day. The weather was blessedly mild.

We were in IOA this day, and now that you say that I do remember the weather being perfect. I felt like I wanted a light jacket at some points such a nice day.

When a bird's house is fancier than your own house...

:rotfl: I bet the birds don't have leaky windows like we do.

but THIS is the resort I really want to see! Don't you??

Yes!

You can see the hordes of people in that last photo near the bottom. It was getting kind of intense.

This day was super crowded in IOA too, there were people everywhere and we actually didn't spend long in the parks because of it.

During the day, you're allowed to go inside the Rivers of Light theater, which is kind of cool. I took the opportunity to go take a million pictures. It was also the most empty, quiet places I'd seen all day. Everyone else in the park must have been in line for Everest, because I was alone in the theater.

That's so cool! I may do this next time to see. If it wasn't as hot as September often is this might make a nice place to sit for a bit too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter