No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

I'm sorry to hear about your neck and back hope you're feeling better soon. Love your new Jeep :thumbsup2 she is a beauty!

Good morning!!

For any of you who followed my PTR, you know there was a little mother-in-law drama involved...

Her "surprise" 60th bday party was yesterday, and she and my sister-in-law (who is visiting from California) are making the drive here this afternoon, so I need to get the house cleaned up a little bit. But there's always a little time for an update, right??

When I left you, I had just been evacuated from Splash Mountain.

It was close to 3pm...so you can probably guess what I did next!

Chapter Three Part Four: A Festival of Fanta...nimals.

Since it was almost 3:00, I'd guess about ten minutes 'til?? I'm not exactly sure, I went to find a spot in Frontierland to watch. We'd missed the parade in December, and I was ready to see it again! It had been awhile and I missed the song and that fire breathing dragon!

I found a great spot:

Look how much space there is! Crowds weren't bad at all. I watched the Liberty Belle pull away for a better vantage point (I assume), with the guests from Tiana's ice cream party (That's still a thing, right?? I know there was a sign up saying it wouldn't be running between certain times, and I just made the assumption that the Tiana thing was still going on, but I didn't know it sailed away a little bit to a different viewing spot - I've also done zero research into this since it initially debuted!)

I started to hear the music, and soon the parade had stepped off and was making its way toward me!

The pictures all kind of look weird, I am not sure why?? Anyway...here are a few of my favorites:

Swish, Swish:

Put your hands in the air, like you just don't care:

Why won't you dance with me, Elsa??

(I looove Anna's expression here, it sums up my attitude about so many things!!)

You can always count on Ariel for great expressions and reactions:

Peter Pan sailed by...

And soon... the Mistress of All Evil:

This parade makes me so happy...the song is infectious, and not like the flu. Unless it's maybe the FUN flu!
(is this why people don't like hanging out with me?? LOL!)

When Mickey and Minnie passed by, I started making my way down the street toward Liberty Square. I couldn't cross yet, but I got a repeat of the last parts of the parade. This was exciting for me, because I had a better view of my favorite first princess:

And another opportunity to see Mickey and Minnie heading off into the (figurative) sunset:

As the parade wrapped up in Liberty Square, I encountered this sea of humanity

on my way to...

The Haunted Mansion. This was my 4th fast pass of the day, I think I made this after being evacuated from Splash while I was waiting for the parade.

I stopped by the photopass photographer on the way out.

OMG, my phone is terrifying!!

I assume that's what I'm thinking here?? Why did I not set it down? The world may never know. Also, that girl behind me looks like she's giving me some judgey side eye.

They also gave me a Toy Story magic shot and still, which was a little confusing, because WHY are Woody and Jessie outside of the Haunted Mansion??

I was tired and ready to go back to the resort, but not before snapping a couple of castle pics on the way out.

Yep, that's another scrim you see. I couldn't escape.

I left the park, made my way to the bus stop and...THIS is the line that I ended up standing in:

Longer than any line I'd stood in all day pretty much. It was another standing room only bus, which was just the norm for MK buses at AKL on this entire trip.

Too many pictures...next post up immediately

Festival of Fanta...nimals continued

I got back to the room and checked my view for animals:

Nothing there at the moment.

I went down to the Mara to get some food, and I ended up with The Mara Chicken Salad, which was realllly good.

It is, from AllEars:
mixed greens with chicken breast, lentils, chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, red onion, with chile cilantro dressing

I talked to DH while eating and watched the animals that had started making their way onto my part of the savanna.

I considered going back to MK, but ultimately made the choice to stay at the resort and look around. I was starting to get a headache and beginning to feel a little bleh.

Oh, and I said there'd be a hair comparison from morning to night, so here is the Awkward Bathroom Hair Selfie Part Two:

It had been rained on and braided, so all in all, it could have been worse!

These pictures are weird and grainy, but here are some animal shots from around the resort:

The Arusha was busy with giraffes and zebras! I wanted to go check out some of the viewing areas around the resort, so I went inside

I found a good spot on the patio off the back of the lobby near the caricature artist and the hallway I used to get to the elevator for my room

Awkward tired porch selfie:

I stayed there for awhile, then decided to go back to my room. I did take a couple of detours. Along the hallway to my room, there was a nice pool view:

and then stopped to check out the viewing area outside of my room

Then it was shower time, one last look at the savanna

phone calls home and early to bed. I just wasn't feeling awesome...:crazy2:

Am I sick or not? Will I make it out of the room the next day??
All coming up later this week!!

Good morning!!

For any of you who followed my PTR, you know there was a little mother-in-law drama involved...

Her "surprise" 60th bday party was yesterday, and she and my sister-in-law (who is visiting from California) are making the drive here this afternoon, so I need to get the house cleaned up a little bit. But there's always a little time for an update, right??

When I left you, I had just been evacuated from Splash Mountain.

It was close to 3pm...so you can probably guess what I did next!

Chapter Three Part Four: A Festival of Fanta...nimals.

Since it was almost 3:00, I'd guess about ten minutes 'til?? I'm not exactly sure, I went to find a spot in Frontierland to watch. We'd missed the parade in December, and I was ready to see it again! It had been awhile and I missed the song and that fire breathing dragon!

I found a great spot:

Look how much space there is! Crowds weren't bad at all. I watched the Liberty Belle pull away for a better vantage point (I assume), with the guests from Tiana's ice cream party (That's still a thing, right?? I know there was a sign up saying it wouldn't be running between certain times, and I just made the assumption that the Tiana thing was still going on, but I didn't know it sailed away a little bit to a different viewing spot - I've also done zero research into this since it initially debuted!)

I started to hear the music, and soon the parade had stepped off and was making its way toward me!

The pictures all kind of look weird, I am not sure why?? Anyway...here are a few of my favorites:

Swish, Swish:

Put your hands in the air, like you just don't care:

Why won't you dance with me, Elsa??

(I looove Anna's expression here, it sums up my attitude about so many things!!)

You can always count on Ariel for great expressions and reactions:

Peter Pan sailed by...

And soon... the Mistress of All Evil:

This parade makes me so happy...the song is infectious, and not like the flu. Unless it's maybe the FUN flu!
(is this why people don't like hanging out with me?? LOL!)

When Mickey and Minnie passed by, I started making my way down the street toward Liberty Square. I couldn't cross yet, but I got a repeat of the last parts of the parade. This was exciting for me, because I had a better view of my favorite first princess:

And another opportunity to see Mickey and Minnie heading off into the (figurative) sunset:

As the parade wrapped up in Liberty Square, I encountered this sea of humanity

on my way to...

The Haunted Mansion. This was my 4th fast pass of the day, I think I made this after being evacuated from Splash while I was waiting for the parade.

I stopped by the photopass photographer on the way out.

OMG, my phone is terrifying!!

I assume that's what I'm thinking here?? Why did I not set it down? The world may never know. Also, that girl behind me looks like she's giving me some judgey side eye.

They also gave me a Toy Story magic shot and still, which was a little confusing, because WHY are Woody and Jessie outside of the Haunted Mansion??

I was tired and ready to go back to the resort, but not before snapping a couple of castle pics on the way out.

Yep, that's another scrim you see. I couldn't escape.

I left the park, made my way to the bus stop and...THIS is the line that I ended up standing in:

Longer than any line I'd stood in all day pretty much. It was another standing room only bus, which was just the norm for MK buses at AKL on this entire trip.

Too many pictures...next post up immediately

Hope your neck and back are feeling better. Congratulations on the Jeep!

I love the FoF parade. It may honestly be one of my favorite things at WDW. It is just so cheerful and uplifting. I have the song on my phone and listen to it way more than I care to admit :)

Glad you got to see FoF! Great photos, especially of the dragon breathing fire!

Nice photos around the resort! I'm sorry you were feeling crappy :( I hope the early night helped!

Woohoo! I just figured out how to do this multi-quote thing in individual little quotes. Game changer! Ummm I'm way too excited about this. Let me reel it in a bit.

Ugh. I hope the "surprise" party that your mil had to have went okay. Did her trip happen yet? I kind of hope she looks at all of your awesome pictures and feels like she missed out. But I'm spiteful that way so....

Easywdw had a review on it and said the location for the parade viewing wasn't good. If someone really wanted to meet Tiana and her prince then it would be good for them. And the snacks and ice cream sounded good. But I would want a really good parade viewing spot. The thing I hate about parades is feeling like I'm in a can or sardines and getting pushed around so I end up in the back and can't see anything so I don't like the parades as much. So if I'm not getting a great view then I'm not going to do a party like that. Your spot looks great though. I should try it there next time.

That is a weird magic shot for that location.

Well I don't like how her pockets stick out of the bottom of her shorts but I'm old. I know it's in right now.

Love all the animal pictures and I thought your rocking chair selfie was cute! Your new jeep is beautiful. Enjoy it!

Her "surprise" 60th bday party was yesterday, and she and my sister-in-law (who is visiting from California) are making the drive here this afternoon, so I need to get the house cleaned up a little bit.

Oh no, the mother-in-law saga continues! I hope she had the most fabulous birthday...

Also, that girl behind me looks like she's giving me some judgey side eye.

Absolutely! That, or she needs to invest in a pair of sunglasses for the squinting issue. That can cause headaches and wrinkles and stuff. And it makes your face look funky.

Okay...um...what? Haha

IMG_9621_zpst0yprtgs.jpg

Hello Gorgeous!

Oh no, cliffhanger!! I hope you feel better!

1. I really need to make time to see that darn parade. and 2. I LOVE how much there is to look at around AKL>

I have a love/hate relationship with being stopped on attractions because there is always the thought of "This is it! I'm gonna be evacuated! I'm gonna see it all!" and then you hear the voice tell you the ride will continue shortly. LOL happened to me on TTA and I was so excited to make all my friends (and DisTwitter) super jealous. hahahahah

Your view at AKL is amazing and I'm so jealous!

I hope you were just tired and feel good the next morning! AKL is fun to explore. It looks like a good time at MK with FoF and HM. The girl behind you is just way to cool for PP pictures!

I am laughing hysterically over the Toy Story/HM PP picture :rotfl2: Whaaaat???
I hope your neck is feeling better. I did something to the left side of mine about two weeks ago and the chiropractor has been working on it since. I think she's taking another X-Ray tomorrow b/c we can't figure out what the problem is :headache:
I can't get the quote feature to work on my IPad but those busts in the beginning of the HM queue? On our Marceline tour last month we learned the story behind those and it's super cool :D
Just about every time we walk through Adventureland it's crowded, unless it's early in the morning! Even if the rest of the park isn't that crowded that seems to be a congestion point. Aladdins Magic Carpets maybe lol.
How did you get Debra Frankie Romano Heck to like your Instagram pictures??!!! Doesn't she have to follow you to like them?? Remember I'm an Instagram moron :crazy:

I watched the Liberty Belle pull away for a better vantage point (I assume), with the guests from Tiana's ice cream party (That's still a thing, right?? I know there was a sign up saying it wouldn't be running between certain times, and I just made the assumption that the Tiana thing was still going on, but I didn't know it sailed away a little bit to a different viewing spot - I've also done zero research into this since it initially debuted!)

I think it's running until July? Not sure if it was extended. We haven't watched FoF since our first trip, and I've thought of doing that, but first I have to convince Josh to watch it again.

:rotfl: She's like "why is that lady so scared of her phone?"

So weird! I've had PP photographers do weird borders of magicshots before. But this one makes no sense!

How did you get Debra Frankie Romano Heck to like your Instagram pictures??!!! Doesn't she have to follow you to like them?? Remember I'm an Instagram moron :crazy:

I wondered that too :scratchin @ariane37 she doesn't have to follow you to like a picture, but it does help people see the pictures more regularly.

In your first pic on Micky & Minnie in the parade what is Micky doing? :eek:
Longer than any line I'd stood in all day pretty much. It was another standing room only bus, which was just the norm for MK buses at AKL on this entire trip
The busses at AKL were always full for us either coming or going. So frustrating at the end of a very long hot day and you have to stand or should I say hold on for holly heck so you don't fall in someone's lap.
I hope you weren't getting sick.

Hope your neck and back are feeling better. Congratulations on the Jeep!

I love the FoF parade. It may honestly be one of my favorite things at WDW. It is just so cheerful and uplifting. I have the song on my phone and listen to it way more than I care to admit :)

Thank you! Every day the neck situation gets a little better...someday, in some kind of alternate reality, I'll have a day where I can just relax and maybe it would work itself out more quickly. Sadly, I am always running around doing something because I'm not very good at relaxing!! But today I can turn my head almost normally, so that's progress!!

I agree about the music! It makes me so happy. I felt the same about Paint the Night in Disneyland!! Ooh, I need to get the FoF song on MY phone too, that's a good idea!!

Glad you got to see FoF! Great photos, especially of the dragon breathing fire!

Nice photos around the resort! I'm sorry you were feeling crappy :( I hope the early night helped!

Yes! I was so excited to see it again. I do not get tired of it!

I bought some advil when I got back to the resort from MK, and the CM at the counter said I was the third person in a row who had bought it. I blame the barometric pressure...the rain, the sun, the humidity low then high...it was kind of a crazy weather day.

Woohoo! I just figured out how to do this multi-quote thing in individual little quotes. Game changer! Ummm I'm way too excited about this. Let me reel it in a bit.

Ugh. I hope the "surprise" party that your mil had to have went okay. Did her trip happen yet? I kind of hope she looks at all of your awesome pictures and feels like she missed out. But I'm spiteful that way so....

Easywdw had a review on it and said the location for the parade viewing wasn't good. If someone really wanted to meet Tiana and her prince then it would be good for them. And the snacks and ice cream sounded good. But I would want a really good parade viewing spot. The thing I hate about parades is feeling like I'm in a can or sardines and getting pushed around so I end up in the back and can't see anything so I don't like the parades as much. So if I'm not getting a great view then I'm not going to do a party like that. Your spot looks great though. I should try it there next time.

That is a weird magic shot for that location.

Well I don't like how her pockets stick out of the bottom of her shorts but I'm old. I know it's in right now.

Love all the animal pictures and I thought your rocking chair selfie was cute! Your new jeep is beautiful. Enjoy it!

Learning multi-quote in bits and pieces was a total game changer for me too!! It felt like I had met a major life milestone, lol!

The party was pretty good...it was SO HOT on Sunday, and I didn't realize my shirt was so low in the back, and ended up with a pretty bad sunburn. It figures I couldn't get out of that party unscathed, LOL!! Her trip is officially on for October. I don't know the exact dates. But I have Disney to look forward to in October, so she can have Ireland!

That's what I had read about the Tiana party, too! I looooove Tiana and Princess and the Frog, so it was something I had initially been looking forward to, but then I was put off by the reviews. The best view I've had of Festival of Fantasy was standing on the porch outside of the Christmas store in Liberty Square. And where I was this day was good too! Someday I will take the time to see it up around the flag pole or from the train station and stake out a spot early!

I know! I was so confused...it's not like there's a Toy Story of Terror overlay or anything! So weird.

Haha, I don't like her shorts either. Although I would totally have worn them when I was her age.

Thank you, thank you!!

Oh no, the mother-in-law saga continues! I hope she had the most fabulous birthday...

Absolutely! That, or she needs to invest in a pair of sunglasses for the squinting issue. That can cause headaches and wrinkles and stuff. And it makes your face look funky.

Okay...um...what? Haha

Hello Gorgeous!

Oh no, cliffhanger!! I hope you feel better!

It never ends *sigh* Even more, I'd mentioned they were coming yesterday?? ended up not coming and changing to today. They'll be here around 1:00. Woo.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say she wasn't really gagging over the old lady hamming it up for the photopass...at least she didn't openly call me fat like the girl on Men in Black a couple of years ago!!

More giraffes...I was in heaven!!

1. I really need to make time to see that darn parade. and 2. I LOVE how much there is to look at around AKL>

It really is a good parade! The Maleficent sequence is pretty incredible, I LOOOVE Prince Philip battling the crows and thorns. It's unique and clever!

AKL is like its own magical little sanctuary. It's the perfect place for "resort time", which I'm not very good at normally! It was nice to just enjoy my surroundings.

I have a love/hate relationship with being stopped on attractions because there is always the thought of "This is it! I'm gonna be evacuated! I'm gonna see it all!" and then you hear the voice tell you the ride will continue shortly. LOL happened to me on TTA and I was so excited to make all my friends (and DisTwitter) super jealous. hahahahah

Your view at AKL is amazing and I'm so jealous!

I feel you! This was the first trip I was never stopped on HM or Little Mermaid...I want to get stuck and go through Haunted Mansion SO BADLY!! If I ever win the Power Ball, you'd better believe I'm shelling out whatever cash necessary for a private tour of it!! I want to see all the details.

It was so peaceful! The only thing that even came close was the first time I took my family to WL and there were deer grazing by the otter pond when we arrived.

I hope you were just tired and feel good the next morning! AKL is fun to explore. It looks like a good time at MK with FoF and HM. The girl behind you is just way to cool for PP pictures!

AKL was so dreamy...I knew it was going to be good, but I was honestly a little surprised by how it really transports you to another place. I mean, I'm not sure WHY I was so surprised, it's Disney after all, but it was really very special!

Haha, that poor girl...one day she'll be a weird old lady fake screaming in front of HM, too!!

I am laughing hysterically over the Toy Story/HM PP picture :rotfl2: Whaaaat???
I hope your neck is feeling better. I did something to the left side of mine about two weeks ago and the chiropractor has been working on it since. I think she's taking another X-Ray tomorrow b/c we can't figure out what the problem is :headache:
I can't get the quote feature to work on my IPad but those busts in the beginning of the HM queue? On our Marceline tour last month we learned the story behind those and it's super cool :D
Just about every time we walk through Adventureland it's crowded, unless it's early in the morning! Even if the rest of the park isn't that crowded that seems to be a congestion point. Aladdins Magic Carpets maybe lol.

Right?!?!? I don't understand AT ALL. So, so weird!

Ugh, I hope your neck feels better too. Today I can turn my head most of the way, which is a big improvement.

The busts are one of my favorite features of HM!

LOL...it's totally the Magic Carpets! Or the Dole Whips! I always want to spend more time in that area of the park, but the crowds just sort of pull us along and we never end up there longer than stopping for a treat or a specific ride!

It's all about those hashtags! The first picture she liked was one I took in California last June for Throwback Thursday (#tbt) and I guess she must have been looking through #california related tags?? Then the next was one of my #SpaceshipEarthSunday pictures. Either way, it was pretty cool! I've had a few Disney character performers like my photos, and lots of rappers b/c of the #nwa hashtag that can either represent my geographical location or the rap group, LOL!

I think it's running until July? Not sure if it was extended. We haven't watched FoF since our first trip, and I've thought of doing that, but first I have to convince Josh to watch it again.

:rotfl: She's like "why is that lady so scared of her phone?"

So weird! I've had PP photographers do weird borders of magicshots before. But this one makes no sense!

I wondered that too :scratchin @ariane37 she doesn't have to follow you to like a picture, but it does help people see the pictures more regularly.

I kind of thought it had gone away after the reviews...but admittedly, I did not follow up on it at all! Even though I love Princess and the Frog!!

Haha, the trials of having no pockets came back to...wait for it...HAUNT me! :duck:

They also did a magic shot on Main Street where the Lost Boys ran into the photo, but I think they did that one because of my shirt?? I don't know, maybe that's a common one for Main Street b/c of the parade?? Either way, the Toy Story one made no sense at all!!

I'm pretty sure she was looking around at California related pictures because that's the first one she liked. It was pretty exciting! Like I said to Ariane, if anyone even sort of famous likes my pictures, it's usually rappers because of #nwa, LOL! I'm sure they expect to see something hip hop related and end up seeing pictures of my kids at the lake, HAHA!

In your first pic on Micky & Minnie in the parade what is Micky doing? :eek:
The busses at AKL were always full for us either coming or going. So frustrating at the end of a very long hot day and you have to stand or should I say hold on for holly heck so you don't fall in someone's lap.
I hope you weren't getting sick.

And Minnie says, "Mickey! There are children present!!"

Buses to and from MK were always standing room only with AKL, it was frustrating. Nothing like standing for at least 20 minutes and nearly getting waaaay too up close and personal with other guests, right?? And I love babies and all, but they were alllwaaayyys crying at the end of the night. All of them. At the same time. Those poor parents.

at least she didn't openly call me fat like the girl on Men in Black a couple of years ago!!

Woah!? Really?? That's wild! (And not true, but even if it was that's nobody else's job to determine!) I think I may remember that from one of your TRs. People astound me sometimes...

I know @chunkymonkey did the Tiana party if you want to read a review, since I'm not sure if it's continuing having the info on it probably doesn't matter.

Haha, the trials of having no pockets came back to...wait for it...HAUNT me! :duck:

:rotfl:

They also did a magic shot on Main Street where the Lost Boys ran into the photo, but I think they did that one because of my shirt?? I don't know, maybe that's a common one for Main Street b/c of the parade?? Either way, the Toy Story one made no sense at all!!

I've never gotten a Lost Boys one so maybe it was your shirt! They've done Woody and Jessie in Frontierland which makes more sense, but I still didn't like the border.

I'm pretty sure she was looking around at California related pictures because that's the first one she liked. It was pretty exciting! Like I said to Ariane, if anyone even sort of famous likes my pictures, it's usually rappers because of #nwa, LOL! I'm sure they expect to see something hip hop related and end up seeing pictures of my kids at the lake, HAHA!

That makes sense! Mayhe they think you're kids are real hip hop :rotfl:

I did do the dessert party! (As Raeven mentioned) - it's in my TR for my February 5k trip. It was fun and we got plenty of treats, but not a must-do. It was an ok view of the parade but at least we got some shelter from the sun.

Funniest pictures! That girl was probably just jealous you were getting a PP pic and not her!
I'm cracking up at the Woody and Jesse themed. We got one in front of BTMRR but that makes sense. Haunted Mansion...no sense! Maybe it was a mistake and she hit the wrong button? Hahaha.

Ugh, yeah I can relate.

It had been rained on and braided, so all in all, it could have been worse!

Not bad! I use Ouidad Climate control anti-humidity gel on my hair (which is naturally frizzy and also permed) and it works pretty well although by the end of a long humid day, nothing really helps!

phone calls home and early to bed. I just wasn't feeling awesome...:crazy2:

Oh no I hope you feel better!

I love that parade great pictures!
Yes that girl outside of HM was giving you judgey side eyes :rotfl:but I love the shot.
Very strange adding Woodie and Jesse :confused3
Love of the pictures of the animals it looks so relaxing to be able to sit and enjoy them after a day in the parks.
I'd say your hair held up well and I like the selfie of you in the rocker.

Love your report - AK is my favorite park as well and I love the AKL. Only stayed there once but I fell in love. for me AK is a two-dayer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter