No wonder no one wants dogs!

sippican

DIS Veteran
We are currently in the 900 loop. We have neighbors on 921 who’s dogs have barked nonstop since we arrived (even when the owners are present). They are obviously FW regulars as evidenced by the site decorations (I know their name but feel it would serve no purpose to post that). The fact that they frequent The Fort makes me even more amazed that they would not be mindful of courteous FW behavior, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
I called the front desk to complain and the CM told me there was nothing they could do. Seriously, if this is how they would handle persistent barking in one of the hotels, I am now an advocate for no dogs allowed anywhere on property. It has been so bad that we even talked about leaving our pets home and staying in a dog free loop next trip. But, oh wait, ALL of the loops are dog-friendly now aren’t they?
FWIW, we are surrounded by dogs who are well-behaved, but as they say, one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch.
I am disgusted by the lack of response by Disney.

We are currently in the 900 loop. We have neighbors on 921 who’s dogs have barked nonstop since we arrived (even when the owners are present). They are obviously FW regulars as evidenced by the site decorations (I know their name but feel it would serve no purpose to post that). The fact that they frequent The Fort makes me even more amazed that they would not be mindful of courteous FW behavior, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
I called the front desk to complain and the CM told me there was nothing they could do. Seriously, if this is how they would handle persistent barking in one of the hotels, I am now an advocate for no dogs allowed anywhere on property. It has been so bad that we even talked about leaving our pets home and staying in a dog free loop next trip. But, oh wait, ALL of the loops are dog-friendly now aren’t they?
FWIW, we are surrounded by dogs who are well-behaved, but as they say, one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch.
I am disgusted by the lack of response by Disney.
I am surprised at the response you got from the CM. Usually most parks have the same rules that if they get complaints about anything, there are consequences. Try again perhaps and speak with another CM?

Call again. We were there in the spring in a dog loop and had no problem whatsoever and there were dogs everywhere. People were very courteous as they were also last year when we went. We started camping bc we want to and have to bring our dogs with us. I have no one to watch my pets and I wouldn't board, I had bad experiences boarding my smaller dogs. We also always take time out for our pets during the day and also take time out to enjoy the Fort, not just the parks. But I am also a courteous pet owner.

Last edited:

I called the front desk to complain and the CM told me there was nothing they could do..

Well, that's refreshing. I wonder if that particular CM's attitude will spread to the other CMs employed at the 4 dog friendly WDW resorts, seems like such a proactive approach to dealing with issues. Keep complaining on up the chain to higher management.

Or hope those dogs just spontaneously combust.

We have neighbors on 921 who’s dogs have barked nonstop since we arrived (even when the owners are present). They are obviously FW regulars as evidenced by the site decorations (I know their name but feel it would serve no purpose to post that). The fact that they frequent The Fort makes me even more amazed that they would not be mindful of courteous FW behavior.
They probably have the "I own this place" mentality that people can get after many trips, particularly after many trips in which their dogs were a nuisance and no one made them do anything about it...

Keep complaining to Disney. Demand compensation if they won't act. Not just for your sake but for the sake of future guests who will be there when these jerks return.

Tinkerdorabelle. We have been told that all FW campsites are now dog-friendly and there are no longer pet loops.

We were offered a site change, which we declined (too much effort to take down decorations) then finally told “somebody will ride by to check on it”.
Strangely, later in the day, there was much activity at that site involving various CM’s and even law enforcement. Must be unrelated because the occupants soon rode off, once again leaving their barking dogs to entertain us. Not going to let it put a damper on this trip for one more second, but will follow up,once we return home.
You can be dang sure, next time we come we will specifically request to not be assigned a site near this couple.

Tinkerdorabelle. We have been told that all FW campsites are now dog-friendly and there are no longer pet loops.

We were offered a site change, which we declined (too much effort to take down decorations) then finally told “somebody will ride by to check on it”.
Strangely, later in the day, there was much activity at that site involving various CM’s and even law enforcement. Must be unrelated because the occupants soon rode off, once again leaving their barking dogs to entertain us. Not going to let it put a damper on this trip for one more second, but will follow up,once we return home.
You can be dang sure, next time we come we will specifically request to not be assigned a site near this couple.
In this situation, I don't think I'd be able to resist leaving an anonymous note for them to read when they got back...

I had a problem in March with a neighbor two sites down that let his dog run loose. After several episodes of his dog coming into the middle of the street while we were walking our dog, I said something to him and he blew a gasket. I called the front desk and they sent a ranger out. That was a joke. Its a long story but its safe to say my impression of the ranger was less than stellar. I am done dealing with front desk people, I am going straight to managers from now on.
I feel bad for the dogs that get bad humans, its not their fault.

My understanding is that if you call the front desk from onsite hotels, you don't actually get the front desk, you get a call center somewhere. Maybe that happened and the message got lost or miscommunicated when the call center transmitted it to Fort Wilderness. I've heard you have to actually walk to the front desk to speak to the front desk. The barking dog would really annoy me. Hope you get it resolved!

When the phone was answered, it was stated I was speaking to the FW front desk.
I agree completely, ignorant owners, not bad dogs.

Anyway, how delightful to return today to new neighbors, with a well-behaved dog. The loop is loaded with dogs, but delightfully quiet! Now on with the vacation!

Unfortunately, a dog on our loop was attacked by another dog, while his owner was walking him on the road. He was bitten but is okay. The family with the offending dog has been allowed to stay! Most other campgrounds would have them packing!
I usually do not like to dwell on the negative, but this is crazy. As a dog owner I am becoming an advocate for no dogs, due to the poor response of management.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter