noise in fantasy's connecting rooms?

The Fantasy is actually the only ship I've had a connecting room, and it was a horrible experience. My neighbors would come back late every night (1-2 am) with a crying child. Woke me up every single night of that cruise. But as PrincessShmoo said, that may have been more an issue of the people who were in that room than the fact that there was a connecting door. Regardless, I won't be booking that room again.

We had connecting rooms and even with only one of the doors closed, the sound barrier kept everything out.

The cabins that do connect have heavy doors on "both" sides. So if anything, the sounds, if any, will come from elsewhere. IMO.

IOW, not from the connecting double heavy doors. The sounds will come from the walls or halls.

You can also place towels at the gap in the bottom of the door to help muffle the noise. On any doors.

In fact, open the connecting door. Carefully stuff proper sized towel in bottom gap, (bath mat has always seemed the right size for us) close your side connecting door, add additional towel on your side door bottom connecting door.
Sound should be solved. At least sourced from connecting door.

We do this all the time. Jamb towels at the bottom of doors. We do this all the time in Hotels.
We will admit never needed on the Fantasy, but ... upper most forward decks have less noise naturally.

So, do this at your cabin entrance door too obviously. Once inside for the night obviously, To limit hall noise.

Just sharing our tactics.

HTH

I've heard that before midnight you can hear children running up and down the halls and crying babies in adjoining rooms. They said it wasn't bad and that everything quieted down by midnight.

We had connecting rooms on the Fantasy this past June and never heard any noise between the two rooms when the doors were closed. Yes, you can hear some people passing in the hall if they are loud but that can happen anywhere.

No problems at all. We just returned from W Caribbean on the Fantasy. We were also Deck 9. We were in room 9058 and our other party was in 9550. Both verandah rooms and neither had any noise problems. I don't know if we were just lucky, but we didn't hear a thing.

What you will hear is kids running down the hall like banshees. >:(

We book non connecting rooms whenever possible. We don't find noise always being an issue through the connecting door but we have experienced it before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts