Noise levels at "value" resorts

WawaCoffee

Thank the Phoenicians
Hi everyone. I'm planning my first (solo) trip to HHN for the week after Columbus day. I'm debating between Aventura, RPR, and PBR. Primary concern is the noise levels at the resorts, as I'm an extremely light sleeper.

I get that, during HHN, people will be returning to their rooms until about 1am, and noise is likely. My question is whether or not the value resorts (i.e., Aventura), typically attract a rowdy crowd. I wouldn't mind spending the extra money for a premium resort if it would mean getting a better nights sleep. I've also heard that the Aventura DJ (on the rooftop bar) can be heard from the higher floors in the resort.

Obviously, noise can happen at any resort, but I've never been to HHN so I'm not sure what to expect.

Last edited:
I'd pick either RPR or PBR. Portofino Bay is fairly spread out. You could request a room as far away from the boat docks and pools as possible, since that is where most guests like to be.

Plus, you are going during a fairly busy time period, and having EP is wonderful!

As far as noise at a value vs other hotels...I think it's the people, not the hotel.

Maybe try ear plugs or a fan to help block out the sounds.

I have stayed at both Cabana Bay and Aventura. Cabana Bay was quite noisy both times I stayed there. It seems like it draws people with kids. Both times I have stayed at Aventura, however, were very quiet (I was on floors 6 and 8). Aventura seemed to have more of an adult crowd.

I think with any hotel you are going to have random noisy people in the hallway or in their rooms. For our stay at Royal Pacific last May we had to deal with noisy neighbors and kids running up and down the hallways. Our trip in December to Royal Pacific didn't seem to have too much noise. It is all hit or miss in any hotel.

So true.

You can have noisy neighbours anywhere, in any hotel.....it’s just your luck. We had a family with three children next door to us once, never heard a peep......single lady one night was a nightmare.....

There’s no guarantee you’ll get a better nights sleep anywhere. So, honestly, book where you like the look of......:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter