Non-Disney things to do in Orlando?

DocDar

Earning My Ears
Hey friends! So I made a last minute trip to Disney. I arrive this Friday night but I messed up and my first day in the parks won't be til Sunday. And Saturday is all booked on reservations so i have a free day. Trying to figure what do, I don't want to be stuck in my hotel all day. I've thought about other local theme parks like SeaWorld or Universal but idk. What are some other things in the area one would recommend? I am also open to renting a car for the day

If you like to go to antique stores, there are some good ones in the area from what I have gathered on these boards. I like to go to Walmart to pick up things I need like Diet Coke (number one on the list LOL) & the outlet malls. Not sure what your interests are, but thought I would respond. I hope you have a great trip!

If you rent a car, you could visit the Kennedy Space Center. Or go on an airboat ride (remember to wear bug spray). I'd suggest reserving the car ahead of time, as prices tend to be much higher if you show up without a reservation.

The Titanic Artifact Exhibition is pretty neat if you're interested in something like that. It's about 20 minutes from WDW.

If it's a grown up trip, we like to brewery hop. Helps support the local micro-brews. Several good ones around Orlando, and some great ones on the Space Coast if you rent a car.
Be aware that many are closed or only offer to-go orders, so call ahead before you go.

Be aware that many are closed or only offer to-go orders, so call ahead before you go.

Yes, but not that many, and I just read that they all got the greenlight to open to 50% capacity starting Monday. We've stopped at one in Orlando last weekend. I seem to be on all their email lists, since most use square for payments, and even when the public line was "bars must close", there were loopholes that kept them open. One sent me an email that said I had to buy a bag of chips with a beer. One in the panhandle said I had to sit at a table, they couldn't serve me at the bar. I know several in Louisiana either stayed open or re-opened with restaurant licenses. Even Pat-O's in the French Quarter has re-opened with a restaurant license.

So how did your "free" day go? What did you find to do? Did you rent a car? Where are you staying? I discovered this thread a little too late to join in. I would like to know what you found to do. I am sure you are having a "FANTASTIC" time right now. I hope you come back and tell us all about it!! Enjoy!!!

Waterparks.. there are a few that are great.
That's how we spend our extra day.
We have been to Aquatica and volcano bay.
Where did you end up?

If you like to go to antique stores, there are some good ones in the area from what I have gathered on these boards. I like to go to Walmart to pick up things I need like Diet Coke (number one on the list LOL) & the outlet malls. Not sure what your interests are, but thought I would respond. I hope you have a great trip!
Love antiques and antiquing. Favorite stores??? Please share.

Here are some of my favs: Renninger’s in Mt. Dora. If you happen to be around for their Antique and Collector’s Extravaganza weekend (happens in Jan, Feb and Nov), definitely take a trip. It is an absolutely huge festival. I went last year for the first time, spent hours and didn’t see probably half of it. The town of Mt. Dora is beautiful and has several antique stores too.

Closer to Disney, I’ve enjoyed: Orange Tree Antiques Mall, A T Furniture and Antiques, Echoes of Retro, and The Lovely Boutique.

H2OLive is close to AK and the Publix & Target . It’s a new WaterPark and I belong. They open Friday at noon and Saturday & Sunday’s. Very safe and clean

Antiques

Go to " The Hens Nest " on Washington Street ( Left hand side going North on Hwy 27 )

after Haines City & The Citrus Tower

Here are some of my favs: Renninger’s in Mt. Dora. If you happen to be around for their Antique and Collector’s Extravaganza weekend (happens in Jan, Feb and Nov), definitely take a trip. It is an absolutely huge festival. I went last year for the first time, spent hours and didn’t see probably half of it. The town of Mt. Dora is beautiful and has several antique stores too.

Closer to Disney, I’ve enjoyed: Orange Tree Antiques Mall, A T Furniture and Antiques, Echoes of Retro, and The Lovely Boutique.
THANK YOU!!! Love antiques!! I have added your info and info from others to my Disney folder.

I have never been to the antique stores near WDW. We have only been off property for WalMart & the outlet mall. This year if things are closing earlier, we may actually get to some if they stay open later in the evening. I'm glad you asked because I have written down all of the suggestions given!!

I have never been to the antique stores near WDW. We have only been off property for WalMart & the outlet mall. This year if things are closing earlier, we may actually get to some if they stay open later in the evening. I'm glad you asked because I have written down all of the suggestions given!!
One of the suggestion shared about an antique place in Mt. Dora. I have been to that little town. Loved it. Cute places to eat and great shops and stores. A great place to visit not far from WDW. I did not shop antiques when there but so enjoyed the town and the homes along the water and the great Inn they have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!